W7WH Bad Dealing

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NX2C

W7WH Bad Dealing

Post by NX2C »

Traded Clean Kenwood radio to Vern W7WH He advertised a clean mint condition Alinco DX70T radio Never Mobile.what I Received Was
A Alinco DX-70 Radio with Lettering Rubbed off three Buttons,Face plate Scratched,No Receive or Transmit,Broken Wire on the SO-239,The Separation cables from the radio Head to the Radio Body wires Where Cut ....All of them both cables and Twisted back together and taped with Electrical Tape,The Multi-function Control is very worn....Mic connector missing screws You Get The Picture...Honesty to me is the best policy.....I could not bring myself to stiff someone like that....Alot of good honest guys out there W7WH is not one of Them...

Mike NX2C
w2isn

bad peopl

Post by w2isn »

YOU KNOW THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE OUT THERE SCOTT RUNS THIS WEB SITE. TO MAKE HAM RADIO MORE FUN. I SEE GUYS COME ON THE SITE SA SELL TO LICENSD HAMS ONLY THEY KNOCK CBERS. AND TO REALLY BE HONEST THIS IS A OPEN SITE JUST LIKE A HAMFEST YOU CAN NOT SAY THINGS LIKE THAT YOU LEAVE SCOTT OPEN FOR A LAW SUIT. AND NOT TO MENTION THERE ARE ALOT OF HAM RADIO OPERATERS OUT THERE THAT ARE WORSE THEN CBERS. THE MAIN THING IS IF YOU SELL SOMTHING ON QTH OR ANY OTHER SITE BE HONEST I AM SURE THAT YOU WANT TO BE TREAT HONEST. NX2C IS A HONEST HAM I HAVE KNOW HIM FOR EONS HE IS OLD. BUT GUYS IF YOU LIKE TO BE TREATED FAIR. TREAT THE PERSON YOU SELL TO THE WAY YOU WANT TO BE TREATED. GOD BLESS AN LETS GET THE HAM BANDS BACK TO THE WAY THEY SHOULD BE. I KNOW THAT I AM VERY UPSET ABOUT HOW THE BANDS ARE, MOVE IN RIGHT NEXT TO A ON GOING QSO AND NOT BE FAIR AND ONLY THINK OF YOURSELF. BE A HAM OPERATER NOT A HAM BONE. :twisted:
K4ICL

Scott is not liabel for anything said by a forum users...

Post by K4ICL »

All:

In the previous post W2ISN said: "THINGS LIKE THAT YOU LEAVE SCOTT OPEN FOR A LAW SUIT."

Scott did not stand with a gun to NX2C's head and tell him what to write. The ONLY person who is open to any legal problems due to something said on this site is the person who posts the message.

It is always a good idea to reread what you write before you send it to be sure it is the message you want others to see and use to judge you as a person.

K4ICL
w2isn

read the post again

Post by w2isn »

I SAID GUYS THAT GET ON SCOTTS WEB SITE AND SAY WILL NOT SELL TO UNLICENSED HAMS. I DID NOT SAY MIKE NX2C DID ANY THING WRONG YOU NEED TO READ IT AGIAN AND SEE WHAT I SAID.
VE3TMT

Righteous Hams

Post by VE3TMT »

I am a little confused by W2ISN's comments. NX2C states quite simply that he did not receive what he thought was, in his opinion, equipment as described on the swap listing. If I was on the receiving end of such poor shape condition, I would be a little peeved as well. But I fail to see what this has to do with Scott. He runs the board and nothing else. Nowhere does it state that he takes responsibility for the condition of any of the equipment listed on his site. That is the responsibility of the seller to clearly and honestly state the condition of the equipment. That is why I always ask for a picture before I make a deal with anyone.
KD5HQL

W7WH Vern Anderson Good Deal

Post by KD5HQL »

Just purchased an RS-35a power supply from Vern. He was prompt and I received the power supply as stated. Thanks Vern.
kb9vxq

Post by kb9vxq »

W2ISN's wording was confusing but after I read it about 3 times I figured out he was upset at W7WH for listing the radio improperly. Among other things.

VE3TMT is exactly right about Scott not being liable for listings here. His point about asking for pictures is also very good. Especially when there is this much money involved.

As far as the part about "guys saying they will not sell to Unlicensed persons". If your selling a amateur radio your not supposed to sell it to an unlicensed person.

The rest is good. Always be honest when listing an item. And yes unfortunately there are bad hams too. :(