N7WQY may have "gotten" another one --- me :-(

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9FI

N7WQY may have "gotten" another one --- me :-(

Post by K9FI »

The following is my OPINION...

Presently N7WQY may have scammed me too - received an IC-3220H from him DOA on 1/7/04 -- trying to intercept my 6mo old ICW32A before its delivered to him via UPS Ground -- don't know if he has it -- he won't answer my emails

IMHO...think twice before sending this guy anything

He gave me his address as:

Robert Ross
29144 Berlin Road
Sweet Home, Oregon 97386

...QRZed shows an address as:
2220 LAUREL STREET
SHELTON WA 98584
USA

If he moved and didn't update his address information as he is required to do by FCC law, may he'll get ratted-out -- and then we'll do some other investigating too.

email address: n7wqy_90@yahoo.com

IF you value your equipment, DON'T send your stuff to him first!! Wait until you receive his stuff -- IMHO, this guy is a serial scammer

His POSTS are still on QTH.COM -- check 'em out

:roll:

Jim, K9FI
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

I see that this wiseguy (N7WQY) erased the ads that he had recently placed -- well...here they are, as I saved them before he actually did erase them --

KA9FOX de K9FI
Is there anyway to have this person banned from this site??

RADIOVHF - SWAP ICOM 3220 DUALBAND FOR DUALBAND HT
I have an icom ic-3220 dualband 2/440 mobile. works good and looks fine no bracket. only problem is short power lead. radio was installed in my truck but will not fit in the new rig. id like to swap for an icom w2a or like dualband ht. must have tones. if interested email me.
Listing #447853 - Submitted on 1/2/05 by Callsign N7WQY
Click Here to Email

RADIOHF - SWAP ICOM IC-R1
swap ic-r1 in good condx full receive plus cell for a good dual band mobile or ht. r1 has charger and manual on cd and printed manual if i can find it. looking for a w2a or the like must have tones.
Listing #446477 - Submitted on 12/26/04 by Callsign N7WQY
Click Here to Email

:evil:
Jim, K9FI
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

K9FI
KA9FOX de K9FI
Is there anyway to have this person banned from this site??
Do you really believe Scott should ban everyone with only two complaints against them in over a year from this site? It's unfortunate that the radio did not work when you received it, but it doesn't sound reasonable to ban him.
vk2uw

Email Addresses

Post by vk2uw »

Beware of Yahoo and Hotmail addresses as they can register then un register.

I will not deal with the above at all.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

I just got the bill for the repair on the DOA equipment that N7WQY sent to me - $65.00 ...

Yessir...N7WQY, you surely are a P.O.S.
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

...to keep the threads together

Jim, K9FI