WB9DNB

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K3ASF

WB9DNB

Post by K3ASF »

WB9DNB The phonetics are DO NOT BUY. I really hate to do this but I guess I have to. Purchased a Kenwood TS-940SAT from Larry about a year ago. Paid $800.00. Should be good ...right? Worked for a couple of weeks......has been at TD Communications since October 22, 2004. (Not his fault) Just got the call today that it's fixed. Talked to Tim.....somebody had their hands in where they didn't belong.
I was fortunate it only cost me $150.00. Wonder who's hands were in there?(Larry?)
I'M very lucky to have found someone like Tim who had the knowledge to only spend 6 hrs. to get it up and running..including updates.
I think you all get my message. (Larry probably won't)
KOUDO"S to W3PLC.
K4ICL

Yeah, but... Who done it?

Post by K4ICL »

Let's see. It worked for you a couple of weeks. That means it was working for Larry when he sold it, right?

Is it possible that it worked for Larry much longer; perhaps as long as he had it? And, that, if anyone had their fingers in it that anyboby could have be the guy that had it before Larry?

What did Tim find? What evidence was so compelling that you now KNOW that Larry done it?

Any room for other possibilities?

Just wondering...

AL
K3ASF

Re: Yeah, but... Who done it?

Post by K3ASF »

K4ICL wrote:Let's see. It worked for you a couple of weeks. That means it was working for Larry when he sold it, right?

Is it possible that it worked for Larry much longer; perhaps as long as he had it? And, that, if anyone had their fingers in it that anyboby could have be the guy that had it before Larry?

What did Tim find? What evidence was so compelling that you now KNOW that Larry done it?

Any room for other possibilities?

Just wondering...

AL

Good point. Sometimes one doesn't think things through before posting. I guess frustration can easily lead to a possible false accusation, or maybe I was just falling in line with other posts I've read here
kd5vsg

Post by kd5vsg »

The original poster is probably right on this. About 12yrs ago i bought a Yaesu 747gx from Larry Foster after him saying the rig was almost perfect. Rig drifted like a Swan 250 and not a lamp in it worked.So come to your own conclusion
NZ8J

Time to let this one rest

Post by NZ8J »

Larry passed away quite some time ago..