Jan Robbins N0JR

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8jn

Jan Robbins N0JR

Post by w8jn »

Jan and I have been swapping equipment for 10 years. He advertised an al1500 as The Best Buy on the classifieds.....A pretty big claim. I just sold my alpha 9500 and needed a "Big Gun" amp to take its place short term. Here is what I received. An Ameritron AL1500 in an unopened factory sealed box. Jan had a two year old al1500 and shipped it back to Ameritron specifically to make sure everything was "as new". I received an amp that had a brand new $500 power supply and Ameritron replaced several of the high power stress parts. I called Ameritron and asked if I could buy an extended warranty. They informed me that the new power supply had a one year warranty and the rest of the amp was as new. Rob told me that I didnt need an extended warranty! WOW! Jans claim of "Best Buy in the classifieds" was an understatement! Thanks Jan for a deal that was the "Best Buy in the classifieds"
Happy Hoss trading. Paul w8jn
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

jan is a number one trader his word is good as gold. 73s de w4pig. :D :D