Ralphy Vegas - Radio or cash? What's it going to be????!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7wv

Re: RALPHY VEGAS RIPOFF VIA PAYPAL FOR $1750.00 ! STOLEN IC

Post by w7wv »

W5AAT wrote:I am familiar with the details of this scam as Julius Summers (W5RIM) is a friend of mine who lives about 6 mi from me. I helped him test and pack his Icom 775DSP for shipment to Ralphy Vegas who represented himself as a member of the Rowland Heights Radio Club (CA) and was purchasing the radio for use by the club. The radio was easily a 9.5+ in appearance and was perfect electrically. It was shipped via FedEX to the club and was signed for by a Mr. VEGA! Delivery wasconfirmed. All seemed well, "Ralphy's" payment was processed via credit card through PayPal and the funds were released to Julius. Approximately 2 months later, (probably coincident with "Ralphy's" billing cycle on his credit card) a dispute was filed saying that the item was not as described! There was no communication from "Ralphy" about this issue and PayPal has of course decided to side with the credit card company and a chargeback was posted to Julius' PayPal account for $1750.00 without any effort being made to retrieve the merchandise from "Ralphy" prior to issuing the chargeback.
A few days after the radio arrived in California an ad was placed for a 775DSP in great condition with the same serial number prefix by another member of the Rowland Heights club. Could this be the same radio?? Who knows? If anyone knows a member of the Rowland Heights Radio Club contact W5RIM. PLEASE CALL IF YOU CAN HELP! 601-898-8067. He needs to start somewhere before the Rowland Heights Police Department or the Los Angeles County Sheriffs Dept get involved.
PAYPAL IS USELESS TO A SELLER! THEY FACILITATE THEFT!
73, Todd WA5XX (ex W5AAT)
I cannot go along with PP being useless. I got a radio from a guy recently that was missing the mic only. He said it was with it and never sent it. Many excuses later he quit answering my calls or emails.
He also would not talk to PP when I filed a dispute. PP had me ship the radio back to him at an address that did not match his FCC data but that was the address they had on him and they gave me 10 days to do it.
I shipped it and now it's on the way back to me and PP refunded all my money.
I am betting that PP is after this guy for the money and that he will want his rig back!
I would have rather mitigated the claim to the cost of a new mic but without his participation in the process I was stuck with all or nothing.
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

My guess here is, that since the buyer filed his dispute with the Credit Card company, and got resolution, the credit card company then went after PayPal, to get their money back, and subsequently now PayPal wants to get their money back, by going after the seller. Had the buyer simply gone to PayPal, they way you describe, W7WV, is about what would have happened. The difference here, is because the buyer got his resolution from the credit card company, and from there, it is a scramble, for every party still having an interest in this matter, to get their money back. In the end, someone, is going to be very unhappy.
But, I am glad that Joe, got the chance to clarify this from his standpoint. I, too, have been guilty of jumping to conclude, someone was a scoundrel, when they ultimately had a reasonable story, from their standpoint.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
ne6v

regarding our offer...

Post by ne6v »

To date our club has not received any response from the seller regarding, giving the original seller of the non-working ic-775dsp all the proceeds from it sale. At yesterdays meeting a member made the following suggestion and the board of directors, agreed with it and I now present this idea:

offer 1: Give Mr. Summers, the original seller all of the proceeds from the sale of the IC-775DSP . This would clear our clubs name...hopefully.

offer #2:
The radio being sold to a local ham whom is a EE, has to our understanding repaired the radio and the radio now operates to the manufactures stated specs.If the current owner agrees, Rowland Heights Radio Club will refund him all monies he paid for the radio, and pay a portion of a reasonable repair bill for repairs made on the radio in question. If this is acceptable to all party's Rowland Heights Radio Club will refund directly to the current owner the price he paid in full and a portion of any repair bill. In turn Mr. Summers, will be responsible for any remaining repair bill and Mr. Summers will be responsible for shipping the radio back to him, those arrangements will be made directly between Mr. Summers and the current owner. I have no idea if the current owner would even consider this idea, but it is worth asking if Mr. Summers is interested.

The Rowland Heights Radio Club request MR.Summer to email any reply / communication regarding these two ideas directly to our BOD at email address:
board.ki6tri@charter.net

According to my fathers credit card company this dispute is now resolved and closed. I seem to disagree with the company's depiction and classification of it.

It sounds like its FAR from resolved!

J.Vega
President & Trustee KI6TRI
Rowland Heights Radio Club

Please send emails regarding this isuue directly to the BOD at:
board.ki6tri@charter.net
KA9MOT

Yeah...but...but...but

Post by KA9MOT »

ne6v wrote:The 775dsp was sold to my father whom bought it as a gift for our radio club. Upon inspection and attempted operation of the radio, it was discovered NOT TO WORK. It didn't even power up! The club advised my father of the details, my father attempted direct contact with the seller. After several days of no response from the seller my father filed a dispute directly with Citibank his credit card issuer and followed the CC company's procedures.(my father was correct in contacting the credit card issuer directly as it is his right.)

I must add a few other facts:

Upon discovery of the not working and unusable radio my father attempted to contact the seller directly. The attempts were made to an email address and calls were made to his(the sellers) cell phone. At least 2 Voice messages, that I'm aware of were left. To date and until this forum thread the seller has NOT replied to the emails or voice messages.

Keep in mind this transaction took place several months ago. Citibank advised my father that the matter was resolved. My father asked what to do with this nonworking item. Citibank in part stated, "...as you wish."

My father then advised the club to dispose of the radio if we could.

The club decided to post it as a NON-WORKING radio as IT WAS.

After the sale, I was advised by the buyer that the finals were blown! Further evidence that the original seller SCAMMED my father! To blow the finals the radio must turn on, IT NEVER TURNED ON UPON DELIVERY.

The seller should have disclosed the TRUE CONDITION OF THE RADIO FOR SALE, he chose NOT TO.

The seller should have replied to emails and voice messages regarding the non-operating radio he sold...Again he chose NOT TO.

I believe the dispute was opened in April or May...Not until July 5 did the seller try to resolve the matter...and not directly but rather here in this FORUM.

The seller in this case was the scam-mer completely. He knew the radio didn't work. Finals do not blow in transit!

The club will gladly forward to the seller 100% of money from the sale of the non-working radio.

I have the email and the cell phone number of the buyer and the seller can contact him directly to confirm receipt of the radio, in non-working condition and how much he paid for it.

At that time we we purchase a Postal Money order and send it to the seller.

Any thing further regarding this matter needs to be resolved between my father, the seller and the credit card companies directly.

I will contact this websites owner regarding this forum and why he is allowing false and damaging statements Tobe posted regarding myself.

Additionally, the seller knew the radio was for a club. Never was any attempt to commit fraud or misrepresent whom the buyer was and for whom the radio was for made.

Again, this dispute is between the seller and my father.

In an attempt to promote goodness and respect for our fellow ham; the Rowland Heights Radio Club, will gladly give the seller 100% of the proceeds from the sale of the nonworking radio. Not because we have to, but we will, to resolve this matter and to keep our Name OUT of any further negative comments.

Respectively Submitted,

J.Vega
President and Trustee of KI6TRI
The Rowland Heights Radio Club.
Joe,

You advertised this radio for sale in "Great Condition" on 04/15/2012 Just a few days after "your father" received it. Here is a link to that ad:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?34 ... ost2522545

And then again on 05/10/2012 this time " in like new condition". here is that link:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?34 ... ost2544239

And lastly you, not your club advertised the rig as non-working on 06/17/2012. Here is that link:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?35 ... ost2576048

So, while you may have fooled a couple of guys..... many of us have figured this out long ago.... Your trail was very easy to follow on this.....anybody with Google Skillz could do so.

Am I wrong? If so, why? And does your dad have a callsign?
Steve - KA9MOT
NA6TE

Pot calling the kettle black

Post by NA6TE »

One serial # 14xxx
One serial # 12xxx
If that is correct then they are not the same radio. The medical story has been used before whether true or false.
Like having COPD and being a a Diabetic and not including everything as advertised. I'm sure you can relate to that Steve. :!:
What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
N6YM

Re: regarding our offer...

Post by N6YM »

ne6v wrote: To date our club has not received any response from the seller regarding, giving the original seller of the non-working ic-775dsp all the proceeds from it sale. At yesterdays meeting a member made the following suggestion and the board of directors, agreed with it and I now present this idea:

offer 1: Give Mr. Summers, the original seller all of the proceeds from the sale of the IC-775DSP . This would clear our clubs name...hopefully.

offer #2:
The radio being sold to a local ham whom is a EE, has to our understanding repaired the radio and the radio now operates to the manufactures stated specs.If the current owner agrees, Rowland Heights Radio Club will refund him all monies he paid for the radio, and pay a portion of a reasonable repair bill for repairs made on the radio in question. If this is acceptable to all party's Rowland Heights Radio Club will refund directly to the current owner the price he paid in full and a portion of any repair bill. In turn Mr. Summers, will be responsible for any remaining repair bill and Mr. Summers will be responsible for shipping the radio back to him, those arrangements will be made directly between Mr. Summers and the current owner. I have no idea if the current owner would even consider this idea, but it is worth asking if Mr. Summers is interested.

The Rowland Heights Radio Club request MR.Summer to email any reply / communication regarding these two ideas directly to our BOD at email address:
board.ki6tri@charter.net

According to my fathers credit card company this dispute is now resolved and closed. I seem to disagree with the company's depiction and classification of it.

It sounds like its FAR from resolved!

J.Vega
President & Trustee KI6TRI

Please send emails regarding this isuue directly to the BOD at:
board.ki6tri@charter.net

How did the club get the ability to dictate terms?
ne6v

Wait a minute!

Post by ne6v »

To reply to n6ym:
"How did the club get the ability to dictate terms?"

We are not, these are offers that we infact no do not need to make nor are we obligated to. Mr. Summers, should not have sold a NON-Working radio and passing it off as a working radio.

Why hasn't anyone asked Mr.Summers:
Did you attempt to contact the buyer directly?
Why haven't you replied to any of the buyers emails or voice messages?

As of yesterday, July 29, 2012,MR.SUMMERS has NOT replied to ANY EMAILS sent to him directly back IN APRIL, MAY and OR in JUNE!! Furthermore MR.Summers, has NOT REPLIED TO ANY OF our clubs' attempts to resolve this matter.

If Mr.Summers would have replied or returned my fathers emails and voice mail messages back in APRIL and early MAY, my father WOULD NOT HAVE FILED A DISPUTE with his CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

This entire event is due to MR.Summers lack of communication with a buyer he attempted to swindle.I Have no idea if Mr.Summers even ever used the radio, it appears he had recently purchased it from a ham in the South. I have the mailing label of it being shipped from that ham to Mr.Summers, then from Mr.Summers to my father.

J.Vega
President and Trustee
W5AAT

NE6V / STORY IS FULL OF HOLES TO BE " POLITE" ABOU

Post by W5AAT »

Six days after YOU signed for delivery of the "non-working" radio, YOU ran an ad listing the SAME S/N radio in GREAT condition!! SO WHAT HAPPENED??? WAS IT DIVINE INTERVENTION? THE NON-WORKING radio HEALED ITSELF!! HALLELUJAH! IT'S A MIRACLE!!
So, what happened to the radio ?? Per your ad it was great! Then, later on, the radio mysteriously quits working and YOU subsequently sold it for whatever you could get AFTER YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW apparently had it fail on them. Or did it really fail?? Hmmmm? What happened to the mysterious s/n 12xx that was non working and won't power up "which is a common problem with early models." Were some parts switched?? We'll never know!
We know the identity of the ham that you sold Mr. Summer's radio to and he has confirmed not only the tracking numbers on the box, BUT ALSO THE S/N!!!
What about THAT, MR.VEGA!!! GUESS WHAT?? YOU'VE BEEN CAUGHT!
And apparently not for the first time, either. Check your own feedback both on QTH and I particularly call other ham's attention to your STELLAR FEEDBACK ON QRZ Ham to HAM forum! A certain ham from the Houston area has some really great things to say about HIS experience with you!
THERE HAVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY ZERO COMM ATTEMPTS BETWEEN YOUR FATHER AND MR. SUMMERS! HIS HOUSE PHONE NUMBER IS ON THE PACKING SLIP. WHY CALL HIS CELL PHONE? AS TO HIS CELL PHONE, EVEN I DON'T KNOW THAT NUMBER!
Furthermore, I personally know the radio was working before it was shipped because I was there the day it was on the air and we then packed it and took it to FedEx.
There is at present, no response from Mr. Summers to either you or your club's "offer" as this matter is still under investigation by the cognizant authorities and he has been advised to refrain from contact until said investigation is completed.
ne6v

Again

Post by ne6v »

Who is w5aat? Why does w5aat speak for Mr.Summer? Why can't Mr.Summer answer for himself?

Mr.Summer gave his cell phone number in the original ad for sale!!!! So you should ask him!!

Also Mr.Summer first said he was having E-Mail problems with his home email account and an email address which went to his phone or one he could retrieve from his cell phone. Are you aware of those facts?

I think there are some facts you may NOT be FULLY aware of.

Are you the ham that SOLD Mr.Summer the RADIO?

When did Mr.Summer purchase it?

How often did he use it?

ATTENTION W5AAT: Please READ MY TWO PREVIOUS POST. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CLUB SOLD THE RADIO AND I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CLUB WILL GIVE ANY SALE PROCEEDS TO MR.SUMMER. YOU HAVE NOT CAUGHT ANYONE, CITIBANK THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY, Advised my FATHER the DISPUTE is RESOLVED and he had been refunded his money. Further they(Citibank) advised him he could ..."do as he wishes" and that they(Citibank) have no instructions as what to do with the equipment! So Perhaps it may be prudent for YOU or even better Mr.Summers, to ask PAY PAL what if anything at all did they (PAYPAL) request of CITIBANK regarding the return of the equipment!

Mr.W5AAT:

AGAIN ask MR.Summers how did my father get his cell phone number?

here are some emails:
Email jps1942@comcast.net

Sent from my iPhone

heres another his original ad for sale:

Listing Number: 982348
Date Ad was Placed: 04/02/12
Name: J p summers
Phone Number: 601-8988067
Callsign: W5RIM
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: ICOM. 775 DSP
Ad Message:
ICOM 775dsp for sale.Radio is 9.5 cosmetics ,no marks or scratches.Needs nothing, no issues. $1750 shipped.No smoke. Box and manual. 73

Auctually his ad is correct, it was 9.5 cosmetics, it had no marks or scrathces...IT JUST DIDN'T TURN ON!!!

IS the phone number listed above his cell # or his home phone? Thats the number we called him at and he called us from!!

Furthermore Mr.W5AAT, I would becareful what you write and about whom. PROVIDE ME and THIS WEBSITE PROOF That I purchased the radio! It wasn't sold to me, I didn't buy it nor would I have wanted the old thing!!

So SIR, I suggest you becareful because there is a VERY SLIM line between Comments and being LIABLE!

Here is a problem with this website, there is NO MODERATION. Any person with a keyboard and time to burn is allowed to get on here and make whatever unfounded comments as they wish! This website and the owners NEED to BE CAREFUL what they allow users to post as, they(the owners) may be held accountable too.

I strongly suggest the moderators of this site moderate this forum, or close it down! There are way to many postings from 3rd party's whom have no involvement or knowledge of this matter. Furthermore, accusations about non-involved 3rd party's are being alleged, here too they are incorrect and damaging.

J.Vega
W5AAT

MY REPLY

Post by W5AAT »

The phone number is Mr. Summer's home number. NOT HIS CELL PHONE!
Secondly, you were the one who posted the ad. Who else would a buyer have responded to? Ralphy Vegas??
My only interest here is the defense of my friend. I was there when it was tested and I helped pack and deliver it. So, you have, in effect called me a liar because you claim to have received a non - working radio that was deliberately sent to you (or Ralphy, you're the one who signed for it), thus making me a party to a fraud!
I'm still confused about the serial number issue. Perhaps you could clarify. I have done many. many deals with W5RIM and have watched him sell and purchase many items. I personally have never had a problem with him and I believe you'd have to look far and wide to find anyone who has. Check his feedback. For that matter, check mine.
The reason that I am responding rather vehemently to you is that YOU referred to W5RIM (JP SUMMERS) AS A SCAMMER! That is the reason I have responded as I have. The matter is under investigation and believe me, JP Summers will respond when he has been counseled to do so.
You are correct about one thing. It is pointless for you and I to get in a you - know - what contest.
I have stated my position and we can only wait for the real participants to deal with whatever may transpire. Good day, Sir!
N6YM

Re: Wait a minute!

Post by N6YM »

ne6v wrote:To reply to n6ym:
"How did the club get the ability to dictate terms?"

We are not, these are offers that we infact no do not need to make nor are we obligated to. Mr. Summers, should not have sold a NON-Working radio and passing it off as a working radio.

Why hasn't anyone asked Mr.Summers:
Did you attempt to contact the buyer directly?
Why haven't you replied to any of the buyers emails or voice messages?

As of yesterday, July 29, 2012,MR.SUMMERS has NOT replied to ANY EMAILS sent to him directly back IN APRIL, MAY and OR in JUNE!! Furthermore MR.Summers, has NOT REPLIED TO ANY OF our clubs' attempts to resolve this matter.

If Mr.Summers would have replied or returned my fathers emails and voice mail messages back in APRIL and early MAY, my father WOULD NOT HAVE FILED A DISPUTE with his CREDIT CARD COMPANY.

This entire event is due to MR.Summers lack of communication with a buyer he attempted to swindle.I Have no idea if Mr.Summers even ever used the radio, it appears he had recently purchased it from a ham in the South. I have the mailing label of it being shipped from that ham to Mr.Summers, then from Mr.Summers to my father.

J.Vega
President and Trustee

So what is your dad's callsign? Since he was the buyer....
N6YM

Re: Who is NE6V?

Post by N6YM »

ne6v wrote:Who is w5aat? Why does w5aat speak for Mr.Summer? Why can't Mr.Summer answer for himself?

Mr.Summer gave his cell phone number in the original ad for sale!!!! So you should ask him!!

Also Mr.Summer first said he was having E-Mail problems with his home email account and an email address which went to his phone or one he could retrieve from his cell phone. Are you aware of those facts?

I think there are some facts you may NOT be FULLY aware of.

Are you the ham that SOLD Mr.Summer the RADIO?

When did Mr.Summer purchase it?

How often did he use it?

ATTENTION W5AAT: Please READ MY TWO PREVIOUS POST. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CLUB SOLD THE RADIO AND I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE CLUB WILL GIVE ANY SALE PROCEEDS TO MR.SUMMER. YOU HAVE NOT CAUGHT ANYONE, CITIBANK THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY, Advised my FATHER the DISPUTE is RESOLVED and he had been refunded his money. Further they(Citibank) advised him he could ..."do as he wishes" and that they(Citibank) have no instructions as what to do with the equipment! So Perhaps it may be prudent for YOU or even better Mr.Summers, to ask PAY PAL what if anything at all did they (PAYPAL) request of CITIBANK regarding the return of the equipment!

Mr.W5AAT:

AGAIN ask MR.Summers how did my father get his cell phone number?

here are some emails:
Email jps1942@comcast.net

Sent from my iPhone

heres another his original ad for sale:

Listing Number: 982348
Date Ad was Placed: 04/02/12
Name: J p summers
Phone Number: 601-8988067
Callsign: W5RIM
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: ICOM. 775 DSP
Ad Message:
ICOM 775dsp for sale.Radio is 9.5 cosmetics ,no marks or scratches.Needs nothing, no issues. $1750 shipped.No smoke. Box and manual. 73

Auctually his ad is correct, it was 9.5 cosmetics, it had no marks or scrathces...IT JUST DIDN'T TURN ON!!!

IS the phone number listed above his cell # or his home phone? Thats the number we called him at and he called us from!!

Furthermore Mr.W5AAT, I would becareful what you write and about whom. PROVIDE ME and THIS WEBSITE PROOF That I purchased the radio! It wasn't sold to me, I didn't buy it nor would I have wanted the old thing!!

So SIR, I suggest you becareful because there is a VERY SLIM line between Comments and being LIABLE!

Here is a problem with this website, there is NO MODERATION. Any person with a keyboard and time to burn is allowed to get on here and make whatever unfounded comments as they wish! This website and the owners NEED to BE CAREFUL what they allow users to post as, they(the owners) may be held accountable too.

I strongly suggest the moderators of this site moderate this forum, or close it down! There are way to many postings from 3rd party's whom have no involvement or knowledge of this matter. Furthermore, accusations about non-involved 3rd party's are being alleged, here too they are incorrect and damaging.

J.Vega

Since your dad was the buyer, shouldn't he be the one complaining? And not you?
Who is NE6V?
ne6v

yet again

Post by ne6v »

To N6YM:
My father and mother are NON-HAM NON Voting members of our club in fact we have several members that are in that same classification. In fact most of our hams XYL's are in that category. My Father paid for the radio but bought it as a gift to the club! Not Illegal and not an unusual event for clubs.

I don't know how knowledgeable or active you are in Ham Clubs you may NOT be AWARE of the kindness of hams and ham supporters! As I'm the previous LA County Section Club Coordinator for the ARRL, I'm very involved in supporting ham clubs, membership and the promotion of their events.

Question answered.

I suggest you get involved in a local ham club, they promote our hobby, expand our membership and thus save our frequencies from the government taking them away...IE 200mhz remember when... I Do.

As hams we have strength in NUMBERS!

J.Vega
KI6TRI
ne6v

Here's the EE's report

Post by ne6v »

ATTN: w5AAT &
W5RIM

Heres a report from the ee who bought the radio:

Regarding the condition.
Power supply was completely dead ( originally I expected to see a dead
finals, shorting 30 V power ).
Using a lab 12V power supply, I applied power to receiver and a cpu
part of the radio, and receiver came back to life. I had no 30V power
supply to check transmit. This was the moment when I e-mailed to you
that radio is fixable ( I was very excited that the most expensive and
almost impossible to find CPU parts are not damaged) and I will try
to completely fix it at my next day off.
Well, after that I had a several jobs out of town ( I`m still out of
town) and had only couple of days back home without even a chance to
do anything with the radio.
So, bottom line: power supply is dead, receiver is fully working,
trasmitter, power amp and tuner is not tested.
I did not troubleshoot power supply yet, but I can make some
assumption based on my previous experience of fixing AC PWM power
supply's.
First, it may be a simple cracked solder connection around some heat
generating components. I seen it very often in a consumer grade
electronics. It could be developing there for a long time and finally
got damaged by some vibrations during shipping.
Second. Some component failure, which may happen anytime (very often
inrush protection resistor or power MOSFETS during power on))
Third. AC voltage spike.
The 30V power line is not shorted, so finals probably OK
There was absolutely no signs of a lighting strike damage or any other
voltage spike at antenna connector.

So there you go YOU SOLD OUR CLUB/MY FATHER a radio with A BAD POWER SUPPLY!!!

IT did NOT WORK/POWER UP when we tried to turn it on SO WHAT IS IT THAT YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW!!!!

BUYER BEWARE OF W5RIM =====SELLS NON WORKING equipment and lies about it!!!

KI6TRI
KA9MOT

Re: Here's the EE's report

Post by KA9MOT »

ne6v wrote:ATTN: w5AAT &
W5RIM

Regarding the condition.
supply's.
Third. AC voltage spike.

IT did NOT WORK/POWER UP when we tried to turn it on SO WHAT IS IT THAT YOU HAVE TO SAY NOW!!!!

KI6TRI
Again, When you tried to sell the rig days after you bought it you claimed it was working in your ad. I quoted my post pointing this out below:
KA9MOT wrote:
Joe,

You advertised this radio for sale in "Great Condition" on 04/15/2012 Just a few days after "your father" received it. Here is a link to that ad:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?34 ... ost2522545

And then again on 05/10/2012 this time " in like new condition". here is that link:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?34 ... ost2544239

And lastly you, not your club advertised the rig as non-working on 06/17/2012. Here is that link:

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?35 ... ost2576048

So, while you may have fooled a couple of guys..... many of us have figured this out long ago.... Your trail was very easy to follow on this.....anybody with Google Skillz could do so.

Am I wrong? If so, why? And does your dad have a callsign?
You have ignored that post before so now I ask youthat since you claim JP and Todd sold you a non working radio, how is that you claim it is in good condition when you tried to sell it?

Please address this.

Also, your club has no web presense beyond it's callsign and every one of your posts that lists it. No Field Day information, no public invitations to meetings, nothing.

Does this club really exist? Who are the other officers? Does your club have a roster?

I founded a club, so I know what is involved in applying for the club callsign. Anybody could do so. The club I founded and was President of for a short while was only in existance for a couple of years due to a complete lack of interest but we still have a web presense...... Mostly for the 2 Field Days we had. See for yourself, Google KC9OYM or Cedar Creek Amateur Radio Society.

Does your "club" only exist on paper?
Steve - KA9MOT
Rowland Hghts Radio Club

Post by Rowland Hghts Radio Club »

ATTN:KA9MOT
We were going to sell the radio UNTIL WE HAD OUR meeting in which we tried the radio out. At that time we realized it didn't power up. When we first were going to sell it it was on the basis that we THOUGHT we bought a FULLY WORKING radio.

BEFORE we would finalize or ACCEPT any MONEY for the radio we KNEW we had to try the radio out. Once we did try it out and it DIDn'T WORK, WE DID NOT sell it nor try to sell it as anything other then a NON WORKING radio.

Regarding our clubs presence:
We have website which is being developed and should be deployed soon.

Our club has membership which varies from the highest of 37 to about 11. Currently we have 26 members with a dozen of them being the active core.

Frankly, our membership numbers have no CONCERN to this matter what does matter is that Mr.Summers sold a club a NON working radio, or at least a radio he knew was ready to die. The EE's report has been posted and it CLEARLY states the radios problem. A power supply goes out over time and gives signs of its on coming failure.

So perhaps you may want to ask Mr.Summers, what were the signs he experienced prior to the sale. or
Did he disclose to the buyer those signs of an on coming failure.

We have spoken to several people about a power supply failure and EVERYONE agrees they fail OVER TIME and GIVE SIGNS!!!

KI6TRI
Last edited by Rowland Hghts Radio Club on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Steve, It seems pointless to get in a back-and-forth with this guy (ne6v). In my opinion, his actual comments more than illustrate what he is all about. Further, anyone that does even the most basic of searches on his name and/or callsign will immediately recognize what a piece of work he really is.
It also looks like the RHRC is just a collaboration of (probably) two guys who are no longer involved with the real local club in the area, which will remain unnamed. Usually clubs like this are formed using the name "renegade" in their title. Renegade in this context can be defined as "no longer welcome elsewhere". One of the possible reasons he keeps injecting this "club" into this deal is to try and release himself of personal liability in the event of future litigation.
It's a little humorous to me because I had a dealing with another p.o.s. that went down just like this. It's like textbook scumbag.
Probably nothing good is going to come out of all this in the end, but I sure hope the best for the guy that got burned here.
I've decided I want to be a president too. I now dub myself president and founder of the "Left Coast Amateur Radio Society". Does that make me sound important now?? :lol:

Best of luck.
Last edited by af6vm on Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N6YM

Re: try answering all the questions this time

Post by N6YM »

ne6v wrote:To N6YM:
My father and mother are NON-HAM NON Voting members of our club in fact we have several members that are in that same classification. In fact most of our hams XYL's are in that category. My Father paid for the radio but bought it as a gift to the club! Not Illegal and not an unusual event for clubs.

I don't know how knowledgeable or active you are in Ham Clubs you may NOT be AWARE of the kindness of hams and ham supporters! As I'm the previous LA County Section Club Coordinator for the ARRL, I'm very involved in supporting ham clubs, membership and the promotion of their events.

Question answered.

I suggest you get involved in a local ham club, they promote our hobby, expand our membership and thus save our frequencies from the government taking them away...IE 200mhz remember when... I Do.

As hams we have strength in NUMBERS!

J.Vega
KI6TRI

Thank you for answering ONE of my questions. So your dad does not have a callsign. Does he have a name? Is it Ralphy Vegas?

You stated above, "question answered." But you missed a few of mine, and a bunch from others who also asked you questions. I will restate my earlier question, on the off chance that you missed it.

Since your dad was the buyer, shouldn't he be the one complaining? And not you?
Who is NE6V?

You might answer those for me.
Try to stick to the subject, don't wander off into areas not asked about.
You begin to sound like a 419 scammer when you do that.

73 Ed N6YM
N6YM

Re: Here's the EE's report

Post by N6YM »

ne6v wrote:ATTN: w5AAT &
W5RIM

Regarding the condition.
supply's.
Third. AC voltage spike.

KI6TRI

So scan the original ee report and place it into evidence.
Be sure to include a good readable scan including the ee name, his callsign if he has one, his California State registered engineer number, and his personal seal. That might be some powerful evidence.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

The assertion by NE6V is that he was "sold a crummy radio", but the EE's own report says, and I quote:
It could be developing there for a long time and finally

So, isn't it entirely possible the radio was working absolutely fine when shipped, but after shipment and power up, something broke?

- Scott KA9FOX
n4dxx

Post by n4dxx »

KA9FOX wrote:The assertion by NE6V is that he was "sold a crummy radio", but the EE's own report says, and I quote:
It could be developing there for a long time and finally

So, isn't it entirely possible the radio was working absolutely fine when shipped, but after shipment and power up, something broke?

- Scott KA9FOX
I could have made up that report after being a ham for the past 25 years..I smell a rat especially after it coming up for sale in good working order a few days after delivery.I bet Benny Hinn healed it!!.Just my 2 cents..Good luck to everyone involved but sure sounds fishy
The Bootlegger oops Not!!
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Rowland Hghts Radio Club wrote:ATTN:KA9MOT
We were going to sell the radio UNTIL WE HAD OUR meeting in which we tried the radio out. At that time we realized it didn't power up. When we first were going to sell it it was on the basis that we THOUGHT we bought a FULLY WORKING radio.

BEFORE we would finalize or ACCEPT any MONEY for the radio we KNEW we had to try the radio out. Once we did try it out and it DIDn'T WORK, WE DID NOT sell it nor try to sell it as anything other then a NON WORKING radio.

Regarding our clubs presence:
We have website which is being developed and should be deployed soon.

Our club has membership which varies from the highest of 37 to about 11. Currently we have 26 members with a dozen of them being the active core.

Frankly, our membership numbers have no CONCERN to this matter what does matter is that Mr.Summers sold a club a NON working radio, or at least a radio he knew was ready to die. The EE's report has been posted and it CLEARLY states the radios problem. A power supply goes out over time and gives signs of its on coming failure.

So perhaps you may want to ask Mr.Summers, what were the signs he experienced prior to the sale. or
Did he disclose to the buyer those signs of an on coming failure.

We have spoken to several people about a power supply failure and EVERYONE agrees they fail OVER TIME and GIVE SIGNS!!!

KI6TRI
And now you are posting as the club Joe? But you said your membership has no concern for this matter.

So, you listed an untested rig for sale "In Great Condition" and "In like new condition"

You also state that your father, the blessed soul that he is, purchased this rig for $1750 with the intent that the club sell it for $1700. Why didn't he just give the club $1750? It doesn't make sense.

Also, I don't think you are allowed to have 2 user names on QTH... I might be mistaken about that one, but it really looks bad if nothing else.

I'm assuming "EE" means Electrical Engineer, is that correct.

You are aware that several of us have been in contact with the person who purchased this radio from you Joe. Funny your ad says nothing about your club Joe........Neither did the person who bought your radio.
Steve - KA9MOT
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

This is a very interesting mystery. May I offer a scenario here? Without mentioning names I will simply outline a scenario as I see it. Someone owns a broken 775 radio. It needs parts to be fixed. He answers an ad to buy a good working unit from an honest ham. He gets his father to purchase the radio using his credit card. Honest ham sells good working 775 to non ham Dad of son who needs parts for a non working radio of same type. Dad has no idea what is going on, thinks he is buying radio for a club. Son gets radio uses parts to fix broken radio (time lapse before so called club tries radio). Bad radio now fixed with parts from good radio. Now good radio gets bad parts and won't work. The old switch-a- roo. Club gets 775 that now does not work with serial number of the sold working radio. Club reports to Daddy radio you bought for us is NG. Gets refund from credit co, Honest seller out for money he sold good radio for. Now buyer gets good radio free. Now buyer has one good radio and one bad radio no money laid out. Hence the 2 different serial numbers. Now both radios get sold. One radio (original bad radio with seial number not same as radio sold by honest ham) gets sold for good working radio price. Second radio (honest ham radio serial number that was tampered with) gets sold for a parts radio at discount price. Somebody makes off with the sale of 2 radios and collects a bundle of money at the expense of an honest ham who sold a good radio and was "set up". Bad guy is out of equation because he was not the buyer of record. Radio club may not even be aware of what really happen. Radio club may be very honest as they unknowingly have been duped as an innocent part of the scam. One person makes out on the deal and comes off as an innocent middle man. He looks squeeky clean but in reality is the bad guy. This is only a scenario I can put together based on just the information I have read here, Possible it went down this way?????
donate life
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

W1QJ wrote:This is a very interesting mystery. May I offer a scenario here? Without mentioning names I will simply outline a scenario as I see it. Someone owns a broken 775 radio. It needs parts to be fixed. He answers an ad to buy a good working unit from an honest ham. He gets his father to purchase the radio using his credit card. Honest ham sells good working 775 to non ham Dad of son who needs parts for a non working radio of same type. Dad has no idea what is going on, thinks he is buying radio for a club. Son gets radio uses parts to fix broken radio (time lapse before so called club tries radio). Bad radio now fixed with parts from good radio. Now good radio gets bad parts and won't work. The old switch-a- roo. Club gets 775 that now does not work with serial number of the sold working radio. Club reports to Daddy radio you bought for us is NG. Gets refund from credit co, Honest seller out for money he sold good radio for. Now buyer gets good radio free. Now buyer has one good radio and one bad radio no money laid out. Hence the 2 different serial numbers. Now both radios get sold. One radio (original bad radio with seial number not same as radio sold by honest ham) gets sold for good working radio price. Second radio (honest ham radio serial number that was tampered with) gets sold for a parts radio at discount price. Somebody makes off with the sale of 2 radios and collects a bundle of money at the expense of an honest ham who sold a good radio and was "set up". Bad guy is out of equation because he was not the buyer of record. Radio club may not even be aware of what really happen. Radio club may be very honest as they unknowingly have been duped as an innocent part of the scam. One person makes out on the deal and comes off as an innocent middle man. He looks squeeky clean but in reality is the bad guy. This is only a scenario I can put together based on just the information I have read here, Possible it went down this way?????
Except the son is the club........

Radio first advertised for sale on 4/15/2012 as S/N 114XXX "In Great Condition" with no mic for $1800, 6 days after "Club" took delivery.

Advertised again on 5/10/2012 with no S/N but added Heel Mic for $1700.

On 6/172012 the radio was listed as Tech Special with the 112XXX S/N (Typo, bad memory, too much to drink?) and sold for $700. The person who bought that radio with the correct S/N and the box Mr. Summers shipped it to Mr. Vega in. The box had the tracking info to Mr. Vega on it and legally ties him to it.
Steve - KA9MOT
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

My point simply being this. There are 2 of the same radio's involved here. The good radio from the honest ham. A broken radio form a dishonest ham. Buys good radio and uses parts from it to repair broken radio. Now the serial numbers change on the good and broken radios. Both radios get sold. if no one believes the dishonest ham got a bad radio from the honest ham, he says check the serial number of the honests' hams radio with the new owner who will attest it does not work. The old switch-a roo trick.
donate life