K4TEC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Phillip
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

K4TEC

Post by Phillip » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:29 pm



I would like for all Hams to know that Martyn K4TEC is a very good person
to deal with when selling extra gear. He sent money quick and sent UPS
for the pickup all i had to do was pack it for shipment. I'll do business with
him again he also has a great website check out radio-mart.net 73 N8SFO :D
Phillip N8SFO

localjunkpeddler
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: South Florida

K4TEC

Post by localjunkpeddler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:28 am

Careful guys, this K4TEC thread is only about 6 pound Test. If it gets a little too heavy on the negative side, the line will break and it will disappear..............again!
........ Lee
"Always drink upstream of the herd"

K4ICL
Posts: 663
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:07 pm
Location: Greenville, SC
Contact:

Some still don't get it...

Post by K4ICL » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:51 am

When posts "go personal" they are off post and, per site rules, are automatically deleted.

Simple rule: Stay on Topic.

K4ICL

lhk0pd
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: dodge city kansas
Contact:

Post by lhk0pd » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Al K4ICL i have no argument against your answer here, but if people who have dealt with K4TEC or know of some one he got too, and feel that warning others about him is it not personal. One other note is for a while there were no against or pro for Martyn K4TEC have been posted, and then a party comes on claiming he got took by Martyn which in this latest case i'm still lost as to what actually happened but the thing is all at once afterwards there are these people who suddenly decide to post favorable opinions about K4TEC. Sorry but it is just my natural suspicious mind that says they were encouraged to write what they wrote for damage control.
Larry Huff K0pd

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:14 pm

K4ICL :

I agree with K0pd 100% .

I find it rather odd that whenever someone says something negative about K4TEC / Radio-mart it seems to vanish rather quickly and then 3-4 posts appear with nothing but praise.

Not much doubt in my mind what is going on here.

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:16 pm

I agree. My last two posts have been deleted. If your not a Radiomart fan boy they don"t want to hear it..

localjunkpeddler
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Location: South Florida

Post by localjunkpeddler » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Hmm.....What happened to all the posts between Phillip and myself ? I believe there were 3 or 4.
They weren't too negative, were they?? Oh yeah, one more thing, is K$TEC (sic) a paying advertiser, here?.....Lee
"Always drink upstream of the herd"

KA9FOX
Site Admin
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:29 am
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Post by KA9FOX » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 pm

I'm so disappointed that anyone could think that I'd let a dishonest ham do business in our classifieds, just because they buy some banner ads or whatever. Really, you guys actually think that could happen? Really? Have some common sense! Why would I risk the integrity of this site, over a few bucks? Silly.

The fact is that no posts are removed from this site unless:
1) The original thread starter asks for the whole shebang to be removed. We honor such requests.
2) The post or topic in question does not conform to our simple rules, posted at http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=136.

I have no problem if you want to say good or bad things about anyone, including K4TEC, as long as you have had a transaction with that person and the posting follows the simple rules.

As to why K4TEC is allowed to use QTH.com... it's because I do not have a "case" against him. People are innocent until proven guilty, and other than old eBay transactions, a bunch of he-said she-said stories from years ago, etc., there is no strong evidence that QTH.com Users have had any fraudulent dealings with K4TEC.

Have you had a transaction with K4TEC, and you believe you were defrauded? Then please contact me. My email address is at the bottom of every page of the Classifieds -- I'm easy to find.

Until then, please stop with the outlandish comments about posts and threads mysteriously being removed, insinuations that we are somehow in cahoots with K4TEC or any of the other garbage. Please.

- Scott KA9FOX

N4ATS
Posts: 244
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:06 pm

Post by N4ATS » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:51 pm

Well said Scott....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:35 pm

Scott:

It also looks ( to me ) that the rules are "selectively enforced" . in regards to K4TEC.

Example. Alex / R4RT's post suddenly vanished, although he swore he did not remove it. When people complained, it re appeared ! Why ?

I sent you a PM about this but never received a reply from you. ( why not ? )

KA9FOX
Site Admin
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:29 am
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Post by KA9FOX » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:41 pm

WB6VHK wrote:Example. Alex / R4RT's post suddenly vanished, although he swore he did not remove it. When people complained, it re appeared ! Why ?
This was a mistake by one of our moderators. They had meant to LOCK the thread because it had gotten out of hand (completely off-topic) but instead the "MOVE" tool was used. When I was notified of the problem, I did my best to try to put things back the way it was.

The use of a "forum" for feedback on a transaction between two individuals is not really the best tool. I hope to have a better system in the near future, that will be better suited for the intent.

- Scott KA9FOX

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:50 pm

Scott :

Thanks for your reply.

It seems to me it might be better to have one forum for individual private sellers and another for companies ?

Oh no, I am off topic.........sorry.

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Quote from above post :

As to why K4TEC is allowed to use QTH.com... it's because I do not have a "case" against him. People are innocent until proven guilty, and other than old eBay transactions, a bunch of he-said she-said stories from years ago, etc., there is no strong evidence that QTH.com Users have had any fraudulent dealings with K4TEC.

Scott, You have "set the bar" so high in regards to K4TEC / Radio-Mart that it would be almost impossible to "prove" fraud. I can think of several cases just over the last several months ( on this site ) but once again you will say it is all "he said - she said" ....Scott, this is the internet, it IS ALL "he said -she said" !

Just to let you know, I strongly disagree with you about this. When someone has a track record of deceit and outright dishonesty going back at least 10 years is enough "strong evidence" for me. What if you found out a employee had a record of theft and drug use at his last 10 jobs ? Would you say to the rest of your employees "I don't care what he did to others, as long as he does not do it here ?

w7why
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:50 am
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Post by w7why » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:22 am

WB6VHK wrote:

Just to let you know, I strongly disagree with you about this. When someone has a track record of deceit and outright dishonesty going back at least 10 years is enough "strong evidence" for me. What if you found out a employee had a record of theft and drug use at his last 10 jobs ? Would you say to the rest of your employees "I don't care what he did to others, as long as he does not do it here ?
It is plain you don't like this forum.

If I were you, I'd leave and never come back. No sense in you being someplace you are not happy. 73
Tom W7WHY

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 am

As a matter of fact I do like this forum.

What I do not like is radio-mart / K4TEC / Ilove2cell, or whatever he is calling himself this week blatantly ( IMHO ) ripping off fellow hams and continually getting away with it.

Example :

Just recently "radio-mart" revised his ebay "me" page to say he has over 17,000 sales with 100% positive feedback. This has to be about the most disingenuous statement I have seen in a long time. Outright deception.

Why is his feedback 100% ? because it only goes back for one year and "radio-mart" HAS NOT SOLD ANYTHING on ebay for over one year now !

Who on earth is he trying to fool ?

By the way, you are "off topic"

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:48 am

WB6VHK wrote:Quote from above post :

As to why K4TEC is allowed to use QTH.com... it's because I do not have a "case" against him. People are innocent until proven guilty, and other than old eBay transactions, a bunch of he-said she-said stories from years ago, etc., there is no strong evidence that QTH.com Users have had any fraudulent dealings with K4TEC.

Scott, You have "set the bar" so high in regards to K4TEC / Radio-Mart that it would be almost impossible to "prove" fraud. I can think of several cases just over the last several months ( on this site ) but once again you will say it is all "he said - she said" ....Scott, this is the internet, it IS ALL "he said -she said" !

Just to let you know, I strongly disagree with you about this. When someone has a track record of deceit and outright dishonesty going back at least 10 years is enough "strong evidence" for me. What if you found out a employee had a record of theft and drug use at his last 10 jobs ? Would you say to the rest of your employees "I don't care what he did to others, as long as he does not do it here ?
I agree with your points 100%. And I don't buy the conspiracy theory. There is too much bad feedback to dismiss.

KA9FOX
Site Admin
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:29 am
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Post by KA9FOX » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:56 am

You are apparently still stirred up about eBay transactions. I am concerned about transactions on QTH.com.

Once again, I'm looking for users of the QTH.com Classifieds that have had a transaction and a resulting serious problem with K4TEC. Please contact me. I routinely block users that have multiple complaints, or sometimes even single complaints if the evidence is solid and the other user does not respond to my inquiry for their side, or their response is not acceptable.

In the end, if you don't like this forum, or don't like the QTH.com Classifieds, I'd highly suggest that you find another outlet for your purchases. I'm doing the best I can to do what's right. If it's not good enough for you... well, here's the door...

73 - Scott KA9FOX

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:42 am

Scott:

No, I am not still "stirred up" about ebay, I am talking about YOUR site.

The whole Alex / R4RT thing smelled pretty bad to me ( and still does ) . You guys selectively enforce your rules when it comes to radio-mart, it is painfully obvious how posts vanish over and over again.

WB6VHK
Posts: 127
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:52 pm

Post by WB6VHK » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:49 am

KA9FOX wrote:I'm so disappointed that anyone could think that I'd let a dishonest ham do business in our classifieds, just because they buy some banner ads or whatever. Really, you guys actually think that could happen? Really? Have some common sense! Why would I risk the integrity of this site, over a few bucks? Silly.
Scott: You guys seem to be bending over backwards to make it look this way, you brought this one on yourselves.

And it is insulting your readers to tell them they have "no common sense" if they tell you honestly what they think. condescending too.

w8jn
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:21 pm

Complaints

Post by w8jn » Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:52 pm

Scott,
The sheer number of complaints by different users surely sends up a red flag.
Paul w8jn

lhk0pd
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: dodge city kansas
Contact:

Post by lhk0pd » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 pm

Too funny but at the bottom of this thread just now is a Radio Mart Banner. And Scott i know it is just part of the rotation,but is just so funny.
Larry Huff K0pd

w0zs
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu May 27, 2004 1:20 am

Post by w0zs » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:18 pm

Let's see...... this is Scott's site, his rules, his right. If you don't like it or agree with it, start your own classified site with a feedback forum. No need complaining about it here. Post your site when you get it up and running.

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:43 pm

I like this site. Met some fine gentlemen buying and selling here. So its insulting to them having a well known con man given the same consideration as a honest seller.

Scott, You deleted my last two posts here and on another thread. Instead of telling me why I was out of line you choose the easy way out. I'm very disappointed.

It appears to me you and Allison are friends ,and you're going to a great deal of effort to cover for him. R4RT was just one example in the last few months.

KA9FOX
Site Admin
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:29 am
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Re: Complaints

Post by KA9FOX » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:15 pm

w8jn wrote:Scott,
The sheer number of complaints by different users surely sends up a red flag.
Paul w8jn
OK, we have R4RT.... who bought something on eHam from K4TEC (not QTH.com). But still, I will listen to this... I heard R4RT's side, I heard K4TEC's side... sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to a Russian, he claimed the internal speaker was not good, he wanted $350 off the price or he would make trouble, he also asked I put a low value on the customs form to avoid as much tax, so I said just return it and pointed out our return policy (this is after he had it 3 months and I offered him $100 off the price so he can go get a $10 speaker)... at this point, knowing that this wasn't on QTH... complaint came in 3 months after arrival... and the fact that the offer to return was out there... I did not think this was worthy of blocking.

Who has had a transaction on QTH.com and now feels like they have been defrauded?

- Scott KA9FOX

KA9FOX
Site Admin
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:29 am
Location: La Crosse, WI
Contact:

Post by KA9FOX » Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:18 pm

AA6ZE wrote:Scott, You deleted my last two posts here and on another thread. Instead of telling me why I was out of line you choose the easy way out. I'm very disappointed.
OK, so every time someone places an off-topic posting on our site, we are going to engage in a discussion over it? Not happening.
AA6ZE wrote:It appears to me you and Allison are friends ,and you're going to a great deal of effort to cover for him. R4RT was just one example in the last few months.
See my post above, regarding R4RT. Transaction didn't even happen on QTH.com and there is another side to the story in any event. I've never met K4TEC, and he is certainly not my "friend". He is a user of the QTH.com Classifieds that deserves to use it, unless there is a problem that would cause me to block him.

Who has had a transaction with K4TEC via QTH.com, and feels they have been defrauded?

- Scott KA9FOX

Locked