KA4KAM Bradley McCoy of Valdosta, GA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

KA4KAM Bradley McCoy of Valdosta, GA

Post by KA9FOX »

Bradley McCoy KA4KAM accidentally shipped me a piece of equipment that was intended for the real buyer. He emailed me and said "If you could please contact me when this is reveivecd I can pay for return postage gladly it should have went to a gentleman in ohio."

I wrote to him and suggested that rather than returning it to him, I could send it directly to the person in Ohio: "Why not just tell me the address it should go to? Why pay to send it to you, then have you pay again to send it to Ohio, and put the Ohio guy through even more wait?". I suggested this to save him money AND help the real buyer get his item faster.

I paid for the shipping of the item, and sent the tracking number to both the real buyer and KA4KAM. KA4KAM emailed me on May 5th stating that he would pay me for the shipping and insurance, plus a little something extra for my time: "I will do that for sure no problem at all I will give [real buyer] your email so you can let him know to and he doesnt think I am trying to scam him it was just a rough week and I should have double checked. just shoot me a email on the shiiping and I will take care of that."

I never received the reimbursement from KA4KAM, so I emailed him asking about it. He replied on May 10th "I get back in town friday in a class for work and I will square up with you."

I received an email from the real buyer on May 11, stating the item arrived in good condition.

I have emailed KA4KAM a few more times since then, but now he does not even bother to reply to me. It's been 30 days, and no postage reimbursement has arrived.

I guess this just proves the old adage... "No good deed goes unpunished."

If there is a silver lining, at least I was able to help the real buyer get his item. Meanwhile, I will block KA4KAM from using the classifieds in the future, so he doesn't make any other promises he can't keep to our users.

- Scott KA9FOX