N4QU.....RUN AWAY FROM THIS SELLER AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB3GGC

N4QU.....RUN AWAY FROM THIS SELLER AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Post by KB3GGC »

I paid N4QU for an Icom R75 receiver. It was advertised to have it's original box, be in "mint" condition, a late model, and with the DSP unit installed. When it arrived, it came shipped in the original box which was not intended as a shipping box thus destroying the value of the original box. Futher, when it was unpacked, the radio was dirty and full of scratches. Finally, to add insult, the radio was an early unit and did not have the DSP installed.

The only bright spot of the transaction is that he did not run off with my money without sending something along. However, everything else was misrepresented to me. Further, he does not answer his emails and nor his phone. I have tried to email him at his business Maxuno Jewels there in Florida to no avail.

Ongley Tercero is an extra class amateur and I expected better....much better. Should he ever sell anything again on either eHam or QTH, or should you see him selling at a swapmeet, run away....run away fast!

Randy McIntosh / KB3GGC
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Sorry about your experience. I follow 2 simple rules in my purchases. Insist on photographs and only use paypal. If the seller does not wish to comply with these rules I walk away.

Dave, w1wn
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

w1wn wrote:Sorry about your experience. I follow 2 simple rules in my purchases. Insist on photographs and only use paypal. If the seller does not wish to comply with these rules I walk away.

Dave, w1wn
Pictures is good,pay pal is a good way to loose all your money.Any kind of credit card or electronic transaction is a risk. My buddy had his paypal account hacked a few months ago. They got every dime he had in his account. I don't sell or buy with any electronic currency.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

I have had a paypal account for years and never lost a cent. Of course, I don't keep funds in there. They are transferred out as soon as they are received. Far more protection than if you send a check or wire transfer. To each their own.

Dave, w1wn
GALAXY67

SENDING PICTURES

Post by GALAXY67 »

Requesting pictures is no sure fire method,just becasue soemone sends a picture does not mean that what you see in the photo is the actual radio that will be sent,pictures can be had from different sources,also with photoshop,etc they can be manipulated and with most radios cases being a very dark color,not much can be seen anyway,especially with those common photos taken from 6 feet away from a radio which I have seen hundreds of times posted,I always ask the seller to accuratly describe all 4 sides of the radio and the face of it,probably just about as much luck doing that as most photos..Pictures don't tell:
Receive capability
Transmit capability
Cig smoke
functions,etc,etc
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

Disagree but whatever works for you. Photographs (detailed ones) combined with using paypal can save the day if you have to dispute a transaction for a piece of equipment that arrives in a different condition than what was represented. Anyway, I am not going to comment further. Just trying to assist a ham with my practices.

73's to all.
Dave, w1wn