KD0PD - BEWARE DEALING WITH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w8icy

KD0PD - BEWARE DEALING WITH

Post by w8icy »

Jerry Wells, KD0PD listed a Dentron MLA-2500 amplifier for sale on 12/19/04 (Ad # 445516). Beware dealing with this guy. I purchased an amplifier from him about 1 year ago. I was not happy with it and he agreed to take it back. Because of some shipping damage, he offered to return $400 of my payment. Because he disliked the tone of my acceptance of his offer, he refused to send the payment. I guess in his mind, I insulted him and he decided $400 was his to keep. Go figure!
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

I assume that was an '03 transaction.

Why did you wait a year to post something like that? Did you want to be sure that others had an opportunity to fall prey, if in fact something was wrong? Or were you unconvinced that anything was wrong? Something doesn't smell right about this.
w8icy

KDØPD

Post by w8icy »

Nothing fishy...The guy kept my money when I reluctantly accepted his offer. I learned one thing...NEVER argue with someone when they owe you money! I contacted the PUeblo police. They advised me to file a small claim but, not living in CO made that moot. I've kept copies of all our e-mails and I'd be glad to send you the file. My e-mail is w8icy@paulbunyan.net
w8icy

KDØPD

Post by w8icy »

I notice Jerry is still selling "mint" amplifiers. I did e-mail him a while back to see if he had a change of heart about the $400 he refused to return to me and I received a profane reply......so...BEWARE.