Sean KK4CWA - Be careful

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K1DPM

Sean KK4CWA - Be careful

Post by K1DPM »

My first post like this but felt obligated to put others on notice about this guy. He committed to purchase my DSP-100 and told me that he had submitted payment in full PRIORITY MAIL. A week went buy with no payment so I sent him an email. He responded that he definitely sent payment but the post offices where lives were having a terrible time loosing mail. He said to wait 4 more days and he would send a replacement money order. I agreed if payment was received no later than today. Well guess what??? NO PAYMENT a second time!!! I can almost understand the first time but TWICE!!! Just be careful if you deal with Sean, KK4CWA. He was not honest with me. The DSP-100 is now re-listed. 73, Dick / K1DPM
Kenwood 870S; Henry 2KD Classic; Johnson Viking Valiant; Hammarlund HQ-110A
k8mcn

Post by k8mcn »

did you read the other thread

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=11317
GALAXY67

MONEY NO SHOW

Post by GALAXY67 »

IT could be when he went to post office,they told him policy is the money order CAN NOT be replaced for a full 60 days,unless you have the damadged origional ,he probably did not have those funds without being reimbursed for the original,many do not know the USPS policys...WN8BOB
ke5oah

Re: MONEY NO SHOW

Post by ke5oah »

GALAXY67 wrote:IT could be when he went to post office,they told him policy is the money order CAN NOT be replaced for a full 60 days,unless you have the damadged origional ,he probably did not have those funds without being reimbursed for the original,many do not know the USPS policys...WN8BOB
That maybe,but he should have been honest if that was the case and told the seller that.
kd8rhy

Re: MONEY NO SHOW

Post by kd8rhy »

ke5oah wrote:
GALAXY67 wrote:IT could be when he went to post office,they told him policy is the money order CAN NOT be replaced for a full 60 days,unless you have the damadged origional ,he probably did not have those funds without being reimbursed for the original,many do not know the USPS policys...WN8BOB
That maybe,but he should have been honest if that was the case and told the seller that.
Yep, that should be a given.
rocketsci2001

I did talk to the sellor, sent an email got no reply.

Post by rocketsci2001 »

You are right.

I did email the DSP100 owner. I have a copy my email automatically save in my sent folder so i can future reference it.

I do have to wait 60 days however either the sellor did not get or read my email

I need the dsp100and if I had another $600 and airline fee i would fly there and meet him in person to buy it.

heck, I would even wire him the money if i had it. Now i have no DSP and no $600 for 60 days
w8jn

termites

Post by w8jn »

Sean,
They are starting to come out of the woodwork. Looks like you have burned more than 1 bridge. This will determine if you are honest. Give the seller the serial numbers off of the money order and he can confirm that it was even issued. Now, you may say, "I am not giving him the numbers, he might put in a claim and steal my money" Ask yourself if anyone wants to commit a federal crime and go to jail for $600, and it's 90 days not 60.
Paul w8jn... Just keeping 'em honest!
w8jn

number 3

Post by w8jn »

rocketsci2001

90 days

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Well It will be longer then, i thought it was 60 days.

I am however in a deal on a car I bought new in 1989. a BMW 325i 4 door with sunroof, red with black interior and all options and if that goes through i can pay my sons summer college tuition and have the money left to make the deal go right with the dsp 100 if he will let me wire him the money.,

Thats if the car deal goes through. If not I have more stuff sold already and already properly packaged awaiting arrival of the funds to ship same day.

Sean Ross
KK4CWA
ke5oah

Re: termites

Post by ke5oah »

w8jn wrote:Sean,
They are starting to come out of the woodwork. Looks like you have burned more than 1 bridge. This will determine if you are honest. Give the seller the serial numbers off of the money order and he can confirm that it was even issued. Now, you may say, "I am not giving him the numbers, he might put in a claim and steal my money" Ask yourself if anyone wants to commit a federal crime and go to jail for $600, and it's 90 days not 60.
Paul w8jn... Just keeping 'em honest!
If he actually sent the money,then he needs to send the serial number to the seller. I think that is rather easy to take care of. That way the seller isn't slamming sean on here for not being honest.Crap does happen with the Usps and everyone knows that. I would put a end to the he said, she said issue.
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

Did you ever receive the serial number for the $600. money order?
GALAXY67

POST AL MONEY ORDER

Post by GALAXY67 »

The USPS must have changed then from about 6 months ago,I had one reissued after only 60 days lost,they would not let me do it any sooner...WN8BOB