WD9L-James Powell, Hutsonville, IL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ww4cc

WD9L-James Powell, Hutsonville, IL

Post by ww4cc »

I thought I would make this post and inquire as to whether anyone has any information as to the health, welfare and/or where-a-bouts of James Powell, WD9L, of Hutsonville, IL. I purchased a Yaesu FT-7900R from him about three weeks or so ago, and when he sent the radio, he forgot to include most of the parts, such as the separation kit, the mounting bracket, and the screws. He e-mailed me saying he found the sep. Kit after he mailed the radio and would be sending it in a separate box. I e-mailed him back and told him I was also missing the mounting bracket and screws. He replied that he had found them and would send them also, commenting that his wife worked for the post office so it would be easy for him to get them out to me too. I got the separation kit, but not the bracket or screws. I sent him several e-mails about them, but, I have not received a reply to them so far. I am worried that something might be seriously wrong with Mr. Powell to have forgotten those parts and now not answering any e-mails. Does anyone happen to know of him or his condition? Thank you in advance for any and all replies.

Carl Chaffin
WW4CC
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Since his wife works at the post office according to mr.Powell why not call the post office there and ask for her. I'm sure with a polite attitude you will get a needed answer.
Larry Huff K0pd
ww4cc

WD9L-James Powell.

Post by ww4cc »

FYI-I did receive an e- mail from James' wife this morning. It seems that James (or Jim, as some like to call him) has suffered another heart attack and is incapacitated. I have requested that she concenttrate on getting him back up to speed and not worrying about radio parts or the like, Such things become extremely trivial at times like these. If someone would care to, they could drop him a note of well wishes at: w_d_9_l@yahoo.com. I'm sure he would appreciate it.

Carl
WW4CC