KK4CWA Where are you???

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
tsjacobs

KK4CWA Where are you???

Post by tsjacobs »

I have lost contact with this seller .I never received the product or any correspondence for several weeks. Before I give the details , I wish to seek info on him and make sure he isn't ill or got hit by a bus. I have tried numerous times to contact him . Your help is greatly appreciated. Tom J. W6TSJ My E-mail : tsjacobs@cox.net.
w8jn

update

Post by w8jn »

Tom,
keep us updated. There are lots of good guys on this forum who will jump in and help. If he doesnt contact you, post his contact information and communication between you and him.
Paul w8jn
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

Has this ended well? :shock:
tsjacobs

KK4CWA still diliquent in transaction

Post by tsjacobs »

Hi
I received reports from other hams who say they had similar experience with Sean . I found out yesterday that he is active on QRZ and QTH classifieds. He doesn't respond to me and has not completed his side of a swap from QRZ.com swapmeet page
rocketsci2001

I have been ill and making 6 hour trips to the VA hospitol

Post by rocketsci2001 »

I am not guilty of theft or deception.
I have been in the hospitol on a day by day basis driving twice a week to the doctor for treatments.

I rarely check my emails these days and have a family member ordering things for me and paying for them

Mr jacobs package got lost and we lost touch until a few days ago and I sent him a extra power supply I had for a project to replace the lost one at a cost of $23 for usps shipping and gave him the tracking number today.

Some tubes were late being shipped as was a doerle set but they are now shipped.

I am not on QRZ.com because i violated sales rules by posting too many sales trying to clean my shack out and pay my medical bills. I am on suspension until july for offering too many items for sale per week.

Anyone rushing to judgement to call me a thief or a cheat can speak to my attorney as i can provide his number to you or your information to him.

or just ask me, i have no reason to lie to anyone, i joined this hobby after 20 years of dreaming when code was done away with as i have hearing problems.
rocketsci2001

apologies is in order

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Mr jacobs,
you have your power supply to replace the lost one.

I have completed all transactions since i am ill and I am guilty only of being slow, not outright theivery or deception.

I do not have good help with my affairs and must take care of this mess myself that my help left me with.

All packages have been shipped.

Being slow is not a crime and I do not wish to discuss my private medical problems with the public.

So Mr jacobs post a kind reply.
RubiconTJ

Re: I have been ill and making 6 hour trips to the VA hospit

Post by RubiconTJ »

rocketsci2001 wrote:I am not guilty of theft or deception.
I have been in the hospitol on a day by day basis driving twice a week to the doctor for treatments.

I rarely check my emails these days and have a family member ordering things for me and paying for them

Mr jacobs package got lost and we lost touch until a few days ago and I sent him a extra power supply I had for a project to replace the lost one at a cost of $23 for usps shipping and gave him the tracking number today.

Some tubes were late being shipped as was a doerle set but they are now shipped.

I am not on QRZ.com because i violated sales rules by posting too many sales trying to clean my shack out and pay my medical bills. I am on suspension until july for offering too many items for sale per week.

Anyone rushing to judgement to call me a thief or a cheat can speak to my attorney as i can provide his number to you or your information to him.

or just ask me, i have no reason to lie to anyone, i joined this hobby after 20 years of dreaming when code was done away with as i have hearing problems.

Didn't look like anyone was rushing judgement, instead asking about the well being because the buyer has not heard from you.

The attorney card being pulled out so early seems a bit
much though?

You typed that others are answering your emails and making your purchase and you were suspended for selling to much at once? Maybe it's better to only sell a small number of items to keep up with shipping?

Anyhow, good luck
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Just curious as to whether the offended party would have received there paid for item if they had not publized it or how much longer would it have taken to ship.
Larry Huff K0pd
rocketsci2001

I was sick in the hospitol

Post by rocketsci2001 »

I was sick in the hospitol, then going back and forth for treatments.
nothing shipped because of this forum.
It shipped because when i came home I was furious at why things had not shipped, been mis shipped and the feedback on this forum because of it.

I have a heart conditin and a problem with arthritis and with nueropathy and fybromylgia and thats why I was in hiospitol trying to save my legs and hands which are failing me.
I paid my help to make sure everything shipped and on time but all they did was eat me out of house and home and fouled up my business dealings here.

However it's my name, my stuff and your money so i must take responsibility for it all.
As for my attorney thats a different subject that i settled yesterday. that was just a big misunderstanding.

I just remedied 2 orders today ready to ship tommorow that was mis shipped
to all
be kind, I amnot perfect and I am ill and i am broke , thats why I sell my stuff.

MIA CULPA

Sean Ross
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Sean i can understand your predicament as 12 years ago i sold a Kenwood desk mic on e bay to a fellow in canada. Before he had paid me i had a heart attack and ended up in the hospital with 5 heart bypasses. My son was suppose to watch over the house while we were gone and check the mail. The last thought on my mind was the mic and after being home for a week to ten days i got a e mail from the buyer wanting to know if i had received his M.O. and shipped his mic.My son had mislaid the mail and after much looking i found the letter with the M.O. notified the buyer and shipped his mic. So i do know things can come up that one does not always expect. I meant no harm to you by my comment as not knowing all the circumstances rather than call you a thief i asked a question. So you now have my MIA CUlpa's and hopefully this all gets resolved to every ones satifaction.
Larry Huff K0pd
w8jn

This jury says

Post by w8jn »

GUILTY. Sean, your story sounds like "Queen for a Day" These women would tell their tales of woaaa and misery. The most miserable person was "Queen for a day" She received a dozen roses, a mint stole, and a scepter (all loaners,) and beside the washer and dryer that she received (even though her house blew away in the hurricane) she received the pity of the vast television audience of the 1950's. Now here is the real deal. Tom just asked if anyone knew of your whereabouts. You went off the deep end explaining that "nobody likes me everybody hates me I gonna eat some worms... fat ones skinny ones...." Yee doth protest too much". Also sounds like you took advantage of a number of hams. Here is the answer.... Clean up your act and make things right with the hams who trusted you and you left them twisting in the wind! you will find that it is easy to cheat the first few people. As your reputation grows, selling becomes harder and harder.
Happy Hoss Trading. Paul w8jn
ps.... tom and I just completed a big $$$ deal flawlessly
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Paul

I never took advantage of anyone or any HAM.

I have been took for over $500 and I have been sold dead on arrival equipment marketed as good and had to pay big bucks to fix them.

I have never been given anyting of real value except a ham gave me a non working scope, a broken yaesu sstation monitor, a non working swr power meter and a old ssb marine tranceiver.

I fixed the scope, station monitor and swr meter with my own money and my own hands.

My kenwood radios I paid for them to be fixed that were doa and I was supposed to have them working with all filters when I got them

the radios also were without filters and had modifications done to them that I had to have undone.

I also payed for INRAD filters to be installed with my money from my VA check.

I will never treat a fellow HAM like I have been treated. I always turn the other cheek.

So your "QUENN FOR A DAY" line is a load of you know what. That said instead of arguing and pointing fingers why don't we both and all the rest find some common ground in our chosen advocation.

It's a small world and time is a predator on the prowl and any moment we could all be SK's

I wish you well Paul I hope you wish me the same. I hold no ill will but pity because we all need to get along here.

Sean Ross
KK4CWA
rocketsci2001

Larry, I feel for you, My dad went through the same thing

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Larry

You are just in what you say.

Also i feel for you.
My dad went through the same thing 30 years ago but he had other problems and din't last long.
with modern medicine you will be OK

I cannot count how many people i trusted and they failed me.

PAUL

I knew of 4 hams when i was young. just 12 years old
I had a sx28a receiver i found next to the curb along with 2 transmitters and a couple of mics and a power supply and linear

I let a ham fix my sx28a.
he said it was a radio for licensed hams only and told me i could have it back when i got my license.

My parents took the police with them, paid the ham and he was made return the radio.

later i had some of his friends come and said i had to give them the dx100 transmiiter and the collins transmitter and the linear and mics as i was not licensed

My parents dispatched them, they kept coming back and finally a restraining order was made on them

They even sent the fcc on me but they saw the equipment was non functioning and was just sitting around and the antenna the old lady had me remove and the small tower was on the ground. they left going to see the hams who reported me. I was only 12 years old.

later i dealt in antique radios and tubes with a ham. he always devalued my stuff and sold it for big bucks at the antique radio shows and hamfest. I know because i always put a sticker inside my radios and i guy saw my sticker after he bought it fro the ham in question and he asked me who really fixed the radio.

I told him I did and he said i did an excellent job. I inquired how much he paid for it and what he told me shocked me.

I got the radio for 10 dollars, I got the parts from the trash pile of several tv shops and fixed it, had 10 hours in it cleaning and fixing it. was paid only 50 dollars for it as that was all it was worth according to the ham in question.

The collector paid 250 dollars for it. I stopped selling to the ham in question and started having my dad take me to the shows and i made the big bucks.

I still fix tv's and radios for my friends and neighbors and even fix air conditioners and minor work on cars until recently. the work was for poor and disadvantaged people in this rough economy. And I never charged them 1 penny, not even for materials unless it was an expensive part.

That said i will go.

Sean ross
KK4CWA
w8jn

more more more

Post by w8jn »

rocketsci2001

missing money order and stalking me

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Posted: Mon May 14, 2012 12:57 am Post subject: 90 days

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the money order is missing

Well It will be longer then, i thought it was 60 days.

I am however in a deal on a car I bought new in 1989. a BMW 325i 4 door with sunroof, red with black interior and all options and if that goes through i can pay my sons summer college tuition and have the money left to make the deal go right with the dsp 100 if he will let me wire him the money.,

Thats if the car deal goes through. If not I have more stuff sold already and already properly packaged awaiting arrival of the funds to ship same day.

and you need to quit stalking me.

I think you are just a small little man with no guts or gumption who like to lite and fan fires and play "Johnny Hero"

So get of your arrogant pompouse a??? and be a real HAM and make a difference in your life and community and the world at large.

I try to leave the world a better place than i found it but some people you deal with will never be happy
Thats why our politcal system is a mess

We HAMS have to stick together.

I served my country and am now 100% disabled for it but I still fly my flag and wear my uniform at parades riding in my red mustang conertible i rebuilt with my last strenght . i bought it for $800 out of an old shed.

my son gets first right of refusal

So why don't we just agree to disagree and quit posting here or work together on a worthy project.

I am game if you are

Sean Ross

KK4CWA

Sean Ross
KK4CWA
rocketsci2001

mr jacobs

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Mr JACOBS,

You need to reply you have your ps23 power supply, I know you have it by now.

I could use some feeback since I have made good on our bargain.
localjunkpeddler

FEEDBACK

Post by localjunkpeddler »

When my buyers say," Thank You", I consider that as feedback. Its nice to have someone give you a compliment on a public forum, but demanding it shows a total lack of class..........de Lee, K4LJP
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
K9XR

Re: FEEDBACK

Post by K9XR »

I absolutely agree with that, and I can tell you from experience that the "class" guys on here don't ask for feedback. But. then again some not so "classy" do ask for and darn near demand feedback. That's one reason I don't give a lot of creedence to all the positive feedback floating around here. I pay attention to negative feedback because I know the person in question didn't request it and for the most part, it is warranted.

localjunkpeddler wrote:When my buyers say," Thank You", I consider that as feedback. Its nice to have someone give you a compliment on a public forum, but demanding it shows a total lack of class..........de Lee, K4LJP
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree AL with what you wrote but it would be good also if the person who started this thread would he him self update the situation so as to put it to bed.
Larry Huff K0pd