SELLER DEMANIND PAYMENT " ONLY VIA WESTERN UNION "

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wx9c

SELLER DEMANIND PAYMENT " ONLY VIA WESTERN UNION "

Post by wx9c »

I RESPOND TO AN AD FOR A IC-910H FOR SALE WITH THE DSP UNIT AND THE 23CM ACCESSORY FOR IT. THE SELLER WANTED $ 950.00 PLUS SHIPPING TO ENGLAND. I CONTACTED HIM ABOUT IT AND HE SAID HE WOULD TAKE $ 750.00 SHIPPED VIA WESTERN UNION ONLY, STATED HE HAD BEEN RIPPED OFF ON " PAYPAL " ANYWAY I ASKED A FEW MORE QUESTIONS AND HE SAID SEND ME $ 500.00 AND I WILL SHIP THE RADIO VIA FEDEX AND WHEN YOU GET, YOU CAN SEND ME THE OTHER $ 250.00. OK IF YOU FIGURE THE COST OF THE RADIO, 23CM UNIT AND THE DSP UNIT , NO HAM IN HIS RIGHT MIND WOULD TAKE OVER A $ 1000 LOSS ON A 2 MONTH OLD RADIO....THE HAMS CALL SIGN IS M0YFT AND HIS NAME IS TONY. I ASKED HIM WHY DON'T YOU SHIP ME THE RADIO AND WHEN I GET IT I WILL SEND YOUR MONEY VIA WESTERN UNION ASAP, AND HE SAID NO WAY.... I'M SORRY " WESTERN UNION " THE SCAMMERS CHOICE FOR RIPPING PEOPLE OFF.....
ANYWAY HEADS UP ON THIS GUY, IF HE IS HONEST, I WILL BE 100% SURPRISED.....

TIM....WX9C
K9XR

THE USUAL M.O.

Post by K9XR »

Chances are that soneone was using tony;s call to pull off a scam. I don't think he was probably from England either.
KM5FL

Post by KM5FL »

I have an ad posted here and received a reply from an M0 call.. I was suspicious so I sent an email using the email address of the M0 as listed on QRZ.. Sure enough, the real M0 wasn't the person replying to my ad..

Tony, M0YFT is listed on THE QRZ database.. He also has a listed email address.. Contact him via that address and see what Tony has to say..

KM5FL
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

KM5FL wrote:I have an ad posted here and received a reply from an M0 call.. I was suspicious so I sent an email using the email address of the M0 as listed on QRZ.. Sure enough, the real M0 wasn't the person replying to my ad..

Tony, M0YFT is listed on THE QRZ database.. He also has a listed email address.. Contact him via that address and see what Tony has to say..

KM5FL
THUMBS UP!!