EBAY LAST MINUTE BID "SNIPING" I GAVE THEM THE HEA

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4qg

Post by w4qg »

I rarely post, , but thought I would add my $0.02 cents on this one.

Its easy... eBay is free market!

Whoever whats it the most will get it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???

I've been a power seller on eBay for a dozen years and have sold more than a half million dollars worth of ham gear on there. Sometimes the bidding gets crazy, other times there is no activity at all.

Personally I've had to ship a pristine T-4XC for $115... Was that a good deal? I can't tell you the number of times that I have lost money.. Yes, I've also been astounded at the bidding in other cases, people will get crazy, they just HAVE to have it..

In my mind, complaining about eBay is like complaining about someone's prices at a hamfest, you don't like it, you walk away.... No one of forcing you to buy anything,

Even if I was not selling on eBay, I think it is great, I've bought several rare pieces on there that I would not have had the opportunity to get anywhere else.

Just my humble opinion..

Paul W4QG
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

It's nice to see some people in this world still have a little common sense.
ke5oah

ebay

Post by ke5oah »

w4qg wrote:I rarely post, , but thought I would add my $0.02 cents on this one.

Its easy... eBay is free market!

Whoever whats it the most will get it. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THAT???

I've been a power seller on eBay for a dozen years and have sold more than a half million dollars worth of ham gear on there. Sometimes the bidding gets crazy, other times there is no activity at all.

Personally I've had to ship a pristine T-4XC for $115... Was that a good deal? I can't tell you the number of times that I have lost money.. Yes, I've also been astounded at the bidding in other cases, people will get crazy, they just HAVE to have it..

In my mind, complaining about eBay is like complaining about someone's prices at a hamfest, you don't like it, you walk away.... No one of forcing you to buy anything,

Even if I was not selling on eBay, I think it is great, I've bought several rare pieces on there that I would not have had the opportunity to get anywhere else.

Just my humble opinion..

Paul W4QG
I agree that no one makes a person buy from ebay. But i don't buy from there by choice. Yes i will admit if i sold on ebay,i would have a diffrenet opinion. Yes im all for free market,but when people starts over paying for stuff it will totally destroy the market. Radio equipment is not like gas or food. People can live without radio equipment when the price gets inflated,they don't buy. I know several hams that was wanting to up grade and looked at equipment prices and said they would just stick with what they have. That when they do upgrade it will be with new equipment that used radios were way over priced.
K8YZK

Post by K8YZK »

Yes sometimes prices go higher then what you think they should be, but that is why you set a max. Radio's aren't the only thing this happens you, classic car's do the same. Seen a Corvette go for hundred of thousand dollars, yet when it was made, it sold for under $5000.

Seen unbuilt heathkit's go for a whole lot of money, way more then when they were for sold.

Been snipped before myself, and just because it is on ebay doesn't mean it will come cheap, as a lot of people think.

So move on to the next one on the your list and hope you don't get out bid again.
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

K8YZK wrote:Yes sometimes prices go higher then what you think they should be, but that is why you set a max. Radio's aren't the only thing this happens you, classic car's do the same. Seen a Corvette go for hundred of thousand dollars, yet when it was made, it sold for under $5000.

Seen unbuilt heathkit's go for a whole lot of money, way more then when they were for sold.

Been snipped before myself, and just because it is on ebay doesn't mean it will come cheap, as a lot of people think.

So move on to the next one on the your list and hope you don't get out bid again.
Absolutely true,i know that hams want ot make money off their equipment and i don't blame them for that. But for instance look at what happened to the Real Estate market. People was giving total inflated prices for home,land and it was'nt worth it. The market re-adjusted its self to the acctual worth of the property and most people lost 35%. The economy isn't getting any better and most ham are feeling the pinch. Most has to sacafice ham radio for basic nessessitys.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Hey, let's not forget to look (closely) at the shipping fee. OMG - I bid on a part and somehow (senior moment) forgot to look at shipping. Wow - did I get &(&*(*#$#% :D
RFC558

Re: EBAY LAST MINUTE BID "SNIPING" I GAVE THEM THE

Post by RFC558 »

MDSUPER88 wrote:I HAVE BEEN WITH EBAY JUST SHY OF TEN YEARS.
OVER THAT LENGTH OF TIME, I'VE BEEN "SNIPED" OUT MANY TIMES
Sounds like you bid on some nice equipment ,,,,,,

What is your eBay user name?

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MDSUPER88

RE:EBAY SNIPING

Post by MDSUPER88 »

K6DFW/

MDSUPER88/ WHICH STANDS FOR THE TWO ENGINE AIRLINER..USED BUY DELTA AIRLINES. :D