BEWARE LISTING 987518

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0JR

BEWARE LISTING 987518

Post by N0JR »

BEWARE!!! Photo and description in listing 987518 are of my (N0JR) IC-7800, sold some time ago to ham on west coast. I have no idea who K4AAZ is or why he would be using my rig photo and description, which are clearly not his own. BEWARE.
Don't buy or sell to ANYONE you don't have good reason to trust. Trust is earned, not demanded.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Typical ebay scam, Looks as if it has already been pulled .
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

WB6VHK wrote:Typical ebay scam, Looks as if it has already been pulled .
I think the guy got a fellow ham before it was pulled. Sounds like paypal saved the day and he will get his money back.
K9XR

Man, I sure hope so!

Post by K9XR »

I saw his ad and referred him to your ad with the phone number. I know it wasn't really K4AAZ, but I was hoping it was the real phone number of the crook. If it is it may help him get caught. There seems to be an epidemic of this stuff going on recently. I sure wish these jerks would get real jobs. Oh, I forgot, they may have to do real work for a living if they did that.

kd8rhy wrote:
I think the guy got a fellow ham before it was pulled. Sounds like paypal saved the day and he will get his money back.
kd8rhy

Re: Man, I sure hope so!

Post by kd8rhy »

K9XR wrote:I saw his ad and referred him to your ad with the phone number. I know it wasn't really K4AAZ, but I was hoping it was the real phone number of the crook. If it is it may help him get caught. There seems to be an epidemic of this stuff going on recently. I sure wish these jerks would get real jobs. Oh, I forgot, they may have to do real work for a living if they did that.

kd8rhy wrote:
I am with you. The ones that are most concerning is the real hams that put it on another ham. Thats really hard to digest. I am am new at the hobbie and have bought a henry 5 k, commander hf 2500, rotors ,towers meters and an ic 7600 on this site with no problems and fair prices. Only one problem with a thrust bearing but wasnt worth the fight. Sorry for getting off point..