RE: Moved: SCAMMER - BEWARE : K4TEC , Mr. Allison

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4ICL

PLEASE REVIEW THE FEEDBACK FORUM RULES...

Post by K4ICL »

Since there are MANY pages of Feedback listings, if you are looking to see if someone is listed here already, use the SEARCH feature to search for a particular callsign and/or name.

Use the person's CALLSIGN, in CAPITALS, as the first word in the Subject. This makes viewing the list of callsigns in the Feedback Forum a LOT easier. Please, no DUPLICATE postings.

Please stick to the facts. Do not get yourself into a liabel/slander situation. Keep to the facts, try not to be emotional and/or say something you wish you hadn't.

No vulgar language allowed.

No off-topic postings allowed. The Feedback Forum is here to provide factual accounts of how a transaction went, between two entities. If you did not have a transaction, then please do not post feedback.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I agree with the above post but let me ask you a question publicly ...Is this rule going to apply to ALL posts in the "feedback" section or just to "radio-mart" posts ?
K4ICL

Public answer...

Post by K4ICL »

These rules have been posted at the top of The FEEDBACK forum since it began.

K4ICL
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

K4TEC wrote:And some one here missed the obvious; the buyer damaged the radio himself by mistake? Like that never happens? or could it have been static discharge? Right?

One thing I do know is that the transceiver was in perfect working order when it left me simple as that.

Anyway I am not going to monitor this ridiculous thread any longer, it’s as ridiculous as KENWOOD USA wanting $1600 to repair it, WOW now someone needs to start a thread about that right? That is higher than the price of a brand new one, how odd.

73s and happy reading
yep 1600.00 seems a bit odd. I bought a new TS 2000 back in December and it was under 1500.00 delivered.
WB6VHK

Re: PLEASE REVIEW THE FEEDBACK FORUM RULES...

Post by WB6VHK »

K4ICL wrote:Since there are MANY pages of Feedback listings, if you are looking to see if someone is listed here already, use the SEARCH feature to search for a particular callsign and/or name.

Use the person's CALLSIGN, in CAPITALS, as the first word in the Subject. This makes viewing the list of callsigns in the Feedback Forum a LOT easier. Please, no DUPLICATE postings.

Please stick to the facts. Do not get yourself into a liabel/slander situation. Keep to the facts, try not to be emotional and/or say something you wish you hadn't.

No vulgar language allowed.

No off-topic postings allowed. The Feedback Forum is here to provide factual accounts of how a transaction went, between two entities. If you did not have a transaction, then please do not post feedback.
Now I am a bit puzzled ! Perhaps to clear things up a bit you could tell me :

1) Why this "rule" is not applied to ALL posts on this forum ?

2) Why Alex's post (R4RT) complaining about radio-mart vanished ? It seems more than a few people are interested why. ( Alex said he DID NOT remove it )

Thanks.
K4ICL

Puzzled...

Post by K4ICL »

Now I am a bit puzzled ! Perhaps to clear things up a bit you could tell me :

1) Why this "rule" is not applied to ALL posts on this forum ?
  • ALL of these rules are applied to all posts, maybe not always to the satisfaction or pleasure of all concerned and maybe not as quickly as has some would like.

If questions arise, you should contact Scott immediately! He is easy to find.
2) Why Alex's posting (R4RT) complaining about radio-mart vanished ? It seems more than a few people are interested why. ( Alex said he DID NOT remove it.)
  • I have no idea. Since was Alex's thread, I assume Alex, if he is concerned, would have contacted Scott, if he had any questions.

Certainly, neither you, the "more than a few people," nor I should be concerned--it is not our thread, it IS Alex's thread. (See the Topic about changing postings at the top of the FEEDBACK Forum.)
WB6VHK

Re: Must have been requested.

Post by WB6VHK »

R4RT wrote:
K9XR wrote:According to the sticky on this forum about deleting posts it can only be deleted at the request of the Original Poster. So R4RT must have asked for it to be deleted.
Gentlemen !
I do not delete!
Who and how to remove it, I do not know.
I think that someone "really hurts your eyes"
Well gee, the plot thickens .....( and I am in no way implying you did this ) but Alex says he did not remove the post. Maybe Scott could shed some light on this ?
K4ICL

Apparently, you do not understand...

Post by K4ICL »

This is not your thread and therefor is not something for you to worry about. If you are really concerned, contact Scott this very minute.

Thanks..

K4ICL
N6YM

Post by N6YM »

I followed K4ICL's advice and contacted Scott KA9FOX regarding my questions about the still visible
but unreadable "moved" topics of W1JCW and R4RT. Due to some snafu the "moved" topics were not viewable.

This has been corrected for R4RT's topic and it is now viewable.

Thanks to Scott for answering my questions regarding this problem
which I originally thought was something within my web computer/browser.

73 Ed N6YM
W3RXO

It has been a while, since I chimed in....

Post by W3RXO »

....and, all I can say is, the ONLY time I sold a radio, to anyone, who later complained about it, I made the effort to contact him, and refund what HE believed was his loss. And, that deal was selling a T4X "Project" radio, that I said needed work, in the auction details, on eBay. When I saw his negative feedback, I emailed him and asked what I could do to make it right, and then did so. I offered a refund, that was equivalent to him losing NOTHING, and actually profiting about $25, on the radio, as he had already re-sold it, at a loss.
Before he had told me, that he had re-sold the radio, I did not ask for the radio back, I did not question what may have been done out of my hands, which made it something less than he believed it should be. I just offered a generous partial refund. Period. Because my reputation, is worth FAR more than the few bucks I made, selling that radio. Too bad, others do not feel the same way.
I never asked him to retract his negative feedback, but, thankfully, because I was dealing with an honest man, he contacted eBay, and asked to add a comment, where he stated that I did nothing wrong, he over reacted.
While I do not expect all sellers, to go overboard, to make the buyer happy, in the way I did, I do expect that when something goes wrong, and the buyer is out some money, the seller has a MORAL responsibility, to make an honest effort, to make the deal right.
I am currently in the midst of a deal, that I could potentially get up in arms about. But, rather than do so, I am working with the seller, to make it right, and he is being entirely reasonable. This is going to work out, because two reasonable men, are acting like honorable men. Like we all ought to do.
All that said, I can't help but wonder, if the fact, that deletions were made, without being requested by the poster, might have something to do, with Radio-Mart being a paid sponsor, of this website, with banner ads, rotating through the cycle???? Hmmmm, coincidence? I dunno. I'm just putting thoughts to the keyboard.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
K4TEC

Question

Post by K4TEC »

AA6ZE wrote:bump
So Peter, what is "Bump" supposed to mean??

I would like an explanation from you

As I see I have not had any transaction with you either as a buyer or seller

I am interested to know what your input to this thread is?
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

Simple, to "Bump", means to add a post, so as to make the thread go back to the top of the list, making it more visible, to those looking for feedback on the person mentioned in the feedback. In effect, by posting your question, YOU just "Bumped" the thread, to the top, yourself.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

W3RXO wrote:Simple, to "Bump", means to add a post, so as to make the thread go back to the top of the list, making it more visible, to those looking for feedback on the person mentioned in the feedback. In effect, by posting your question, YOU just "Bumped" the thread, to the top, yourself.
I wanted an explanation from Peter, who I have not had any transactions with in any way as I am curious as to why he felt the need to "bump" the thread from 2 pages back to the front again, now for me responding it gives me free advertising and it actually helps me but like your response, I wonder if it falls under "No off-topic postings allowed. The Feedback Forum is here to provide factual accounts of how a transaction went, between two entities. If you did not have a transaction, then please do not post feedback."
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

You seemed as if you didn't understand what "Bump" meant. I simply was answering the question. Nothing more than that.
But if you consider this thread, to be "Advertising" for you, I would assume you'd be wanting people to "Bump" it, several times a day, every day, and that you might want to do so, yourself, more frequently. The old saying in Hollywood is that "the only bad press, is no press". So, I expect that we will see you "Bumping" this thread, more often?
Merle Haggard
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

W3RXO wrote:You seemed as if you didn't understand what "Bump" meant. I simply was answering the question. Nothing more than that.
But if you consider this thread, to be "Advertising" for you, I would assume you'd be wanting people to "Bump" it, several times a day, every day, and that you might want to do so, yourself, more frequently. The old saying in Hollywood is that "the only bad press, is no press". So, I expect that we will see you "Bumping" this thread, more often?
Funny,, any publicity is good publicity as far as I am concerned, anything that helps boost my ratings in the search engines works for me.
For example do a search for TYT TH-9000 or a bunch of other products we sell, I like being on the first page and thank you for that.

This thread by the way has gone completely off topic, so perhaps I can ask it to remain on topic.

So according to forum rules this thread is for those who have been scammed by me,, ok who are you? I have asked the question so many times and no one seems to want to respond, so please, respond so I can put to bed any rumors.

So if you feel you have been scammed by me come forward, I have a lot of good feedback and a diminishing bad press, so I am waiting...

And don’t post boring links to a bunch of gossip from years ago, I want to hear from only those who feel I have not been fair to them and no one else, they can PM me or post publicly as I have nothing to hide.
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

Marty,
My dealings with you, have been well chronicled, before, and I have come to grips, that since the #1 rule in buying/selling, is Caveat Emptor, I blame myself, for WAY overpaying for the AC-4, which I bought from you. But, it was as much my fault, for not reading your feedback, before buying from you.

You had advertised it as *****MINT***** condition, and wasn't. It DID work, and it filled my need, I just overpaid for a power supply, that was OBVIOUSLY well used, far from *****MINT*****, and had a surprise, spare, used electrolytic, floating around, loose, in the case. Here is the text of the email I sent to you, at the time:
Martyn,
I needed to let you know that the power supply arrived today, but is not **In Mint Condition**. I opened the box, to find it fairly well packed, but not adequate enough to really ensure it not be damaged in transit. In removing it from the carton, I could hear and feel something rattling inside the power supply. It turned out to be an additional, large, electrolytic capacitor. It didn't come out of a socket or anything, it's a used spare, just bouncing around in there. The installed replacement capacitor, is wrapped in electrical tape. This power supply is far from being in mint condition. I paid the higher price, because of your seemingly professional sales presentation. How does a professional who sells only top quality equipment, sell something that has parts rattling around inside? It's not like it fell out, like a tube might do. It truly is just a spare part.
Your very professional appearing listings, and high percentage of positive feedback, gives one the impression that you make sure to make your customers happy. I'm not. I am hoping to give you the opportunity to make it right.
I am pretty easy to please, generally, but this one is over the top. It really needs your attention. Maybe an employee packed and shipped the wrong one? I don't know. I'll leave it up to you to figure out. I am easy to work with.
Thanks,
Dan

To which your very curt reply was:
"It is what it is. My technician thought you might need it, so he put it in there. It's my gift, for your benefit."

For my benefit? Yeah right!!! I was far more concerned that the AC-4 had been beaten up, and was not in mint condition, than I was about the electrolytic capacitor, that had been tossed in, extra. But, the AC-4 worked, and I needed an AC-4. I was new to eBay, and you were a power seller. At that time, sellers were still allowed to trash a buyer, and I had very little feedback, so I didn't want to make an issue out if it, as my reputation actually means something to me. I gave you positive feedback, but said:
"It was working, though not "Mint", and included was a surprise spare part.", and if I remember right, I think I gave you low DSR's, where appropriate.

Other than that, the issue was mostly put behind me, though I do like to remind folks, that while you have a great deal of positive responses from your buyers, and those who sell to you, you also have an inordinately high amount of folks out there, who have a very low opinion of your business practices, and based on MY experience, and that of friends, which I am familiar with THEIR bad dealings with you, as well as the bad experiences, told on the feedback forums, here and on QRZ, I choose to not do any further business with you. Remember, Caveat Emptor! I learned my lesson. Mine wasn't too hard to take. I take the blame, for not doing my research on you, before I bought from you. Had I read all the negativity about you, before I bought from you, I never would have bought from you. But, YOU trashed the reputation of a friend of mine, AFTER his death, by a bad deal with his widow, selling under his eBay monicker, and THAT is why I am angry with you. I was the guy who thoroughly checked the radio, in question, and until it came back to her, with missing parts, which I KNEW to be there, before shipping to you, I didn't know how a sale to you, could go bad. Again, I learned my lesson, through you defaming the name of a dead friend. Now, I take LOTS and LOTS of photos, before I sell, to show how it works and the exact condition. Generally, I even try to highlight flaws, because, unlike you, I want EVERYONE who buys from me to be happy. I prefer to be 100% honest with anyone who buys the occasional piece, from me. And everything I sell, on the occasion that I do sell, has lots and lots of high resolution photos, to back up what I say.

Now, realistically, the vast majority of folks who do business with you, are happy. And, that is a good thing. But, in my opinion, buying from you, and selling to you, is like playing Russian Roulette. Chances are, everything will go well, but there's always that ONE chance, in many, that your customer is going to have a very bad day.

Had you not asked, I would not have re-hashed this, but, that sir, is my experience with you. You asked, I answered. I hope you enjoy the further publicity it gave you.
As for me, I will take my business to sellers who are not so controversial.

Oh, and I did have to laugh, when Leslie, sent me the email soliciting my business, when you started your own website, rather than selling on eBay. I had had enough negative interaction with you, that I figured I would be the last person, to whom you would ever send a solicitation. I got a good laugh out of that one. I will choose to give my business to reputable sellers, recommended by people I trust, before I ever give another dime to the likes of you, and your ilk.
Merle Haggard
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Thank you Mike
Now it appears is you left out the part where I apologised for sending you the wrong power supply right? and the fact I offered you a full refund including shipping if you were not happy right? and I will tell you
what, if you still have it and would like a FULL REFUND including shipping for what you paid for it I am happy to do so right here and now.

As far as it being overpriced, did I force you to bid? no ,, so please dont lay the "I paid too much for an item on eBay" we all pay too much for items on eBay, thats why they are so darn sucessful.

So mike I hand you out an olive branch to put behind you any ill feelings you may have about dealing with my company and myself and hope you find my responce fair and professional.

I cannot think of any other company who after what 4 years or so would even think of offering a refund in full, back to you Mike
Best 73s
Martyn K4TEC

By the way, given a chance this is the responce anyone who feels they have a problem with an item I have sold will receive.

Back to you
K9XR

C'mon Now Martyn

Post by K9XR »

C'mon now Martyn. Why do you have to continuously issue this challenge when everybody knows what the outcome will be. When you used to do this people would respond and your usual mode of operation was to try to turn things around on them by lying through your teeth. You know and I know that you (and your wife) did it to me. After a while most people just realize how things are and don't bother arguing with you. Then every once in a while a new post with the same old story (if it is not deleted by the moderators) will come up and the game starts all over again.

I can't understand why you can never just "leave it alone". Every time you post one of these "I have nothing to hide" statements, all you are doing is riling up the troops who have experiences with you and who know about bad experiences with you.

How can you on one hand say you welcome the publicity and then on the other hand act like you are being unfairly singled out.

Maybe you can tell me why we have NEVER seen a single complaint on here (or on any other forum for that matter) about Adam. I would venture to say thet Adam does near as much trading on here as you do and I have never heard of a single problem. Gene does a fair amount of selling on here also and once again, I don't hear of many problems with him either.

Martyn, I don't believe I have ever seen you say "I really screwed up, you are right". It is always the other guys fault and you know what? A lot of folks around here including myself just know better.

K4TEC wrote:
W3RXO wrote:You seemed as if you didn't understand what "Bump" meant. I simply was answering the question. Nothing more than that.
Funny,, any publicity is good publicity as far as I am concerned, anything that helps boost my ratings in the search engines works for me.
For example do a search for TYT TH-9000 or a bunch of other products we sell, I like being on the first page and thank you for that.

This thread by the way has gone completely off topic, so perhaps I can ask it to remain on topic.

So according to forum rules this thread is for those who have been scammed by me,, ok who are you? I have asked the question so many times and no one seems to want to respond, so please, respond so I can put to bed any rumors.

So if you feel you have been scammed by me come forward, I have a lot of good feedback and a diminishing bad press, so I am waiting...

And don’t post boring links to a bunch of gossip from years ago, I want to hear from only those who feel I have not been fair to them and no one else, they can PM me or post publicly as I have nothing to hide.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Mike
So I am saying its your fault for paying too much from eBay,, umm ok
What I am offering you is the same now as I have before, a full refund including the return shipping back to me for a power supply you purchased a few years ago.
Now you ignore that offer completly.
How about we get that sorted out first?
I am not concerned about other dealers I am concerned about Radio-Mart and my transactions via my company.
So I asked, you responded and now please answer the suggestion I made.
I am not getting in to a slanging match here but want you to feel that I have treated you fair and right.
I have already seaid more than once that I am sorry that it seems you may have been sent the wrong power supply and now I offer yuo again a full refund.
Back to you.
K9XR

NOT QUITE

Post by K9XR »

Martyn, I still don't think you are getting it. Mike didn't say he paid too much for what he thought he was getting, (a Mint AC-4). What he is saying is that he paid too much for what he actually DID receive, but here again you try to make it his fault and say that you offered him all of his money back. I really don't believe it, but then again you don't really care what I or anybody else thinks either.
K4TEC wrote:Mike
So I am saying its your fault for paying too much from eBay,, umm ok
What I am offering you is the same now as I have before, a full refund including the return shipping back to me for a power supply you purchased a few years ago.
Now you ignore that offer completly.
How about we get that sorted out first?
I am not concerned about other dealers I am concerned about Radio-Mart and my transactions via my company.
So I asked, you responded and now please answer the suggestion I made.
I am not getting in to a slanging match here but want you to feel that I have treated you fair and right.
I have already seaid more than once that I am sorry that it seems you may have been sent the wrong power supply and now I offer yuo again a full refund.
Back to you.
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

Marty,
Name is NOT Mike, and you never offered me a refund of any kind. I would have been perfectly happy if you had offered me enough money, as a partial refund, for me to buy THIS KIT: http://www.theheathkitshop.com/page7/page7.html
All would have been good between us, until you TRASHED Ron's reputation. You left his widow in tears, because she was under the mistaken belief, that Hams, were a fairly tight knit group, and that we looked out for one another. She was simply wanting to sell her dead spouse's equipment, and sell it honestly, for a fair price. I checked out everything, gave her notes, describing everything wrong with each piece. Unfortunately, I did not write down the serial numbers, nor did she think to do so. She thought hams were trustworthy, you proved to her, the hard way, how wrong that thinking was. She sold everything as-is, and did nothing to repair things that were broken, she simply honestly described them, as I told her to do, based on my findings.
So, now, do not LIE about offering me a refund. You never did so.
I later bought the Heathkit Shop upgrade for it, had it installed, and sold that AC-4, at a local swap meet, for a loss. My loss. Again, I am willing to admit I screwed up, by not checking you out, before buying from you, and trusting that a seemingly professional presentation on eBay, meant that I was dealing with a professional seller. I took my lumps and admitted my mistake, and would have moved on, from it, had you not trashed the reputation of my (at the time) recently deceased friend. But, he's dead, and it isn't harming him any longer, it simply served to anger me, and solidify my disdain for you, and so-called businessmen, like you. But do not LIE any more about offering me a refund, because you DID NOT EVER OFFER ANYTHING OF THE KIND. I posted above, the entirety of the exchange between you and me, regarding that AC-4. You gave me a curt, unprofessional reply, that I took to mean, that I should "Go fly a kite" (I would use stronger terminology, but I respect Scott's rules, on profanity, here) proverbially speaking.
I have no desire to ask for anything refunded at this point. ou had your chance, when I said to you:
I am hoping to give you the opportunity to make it right.
I am pretty easy to please, generally, but this one is over the top. It really needs your attention. Maybe an employee packed and shipped the wrong one? I don't know. I'll leave it up to you to figure out. I am easy to work with.
Thanks,
Dan
THAT was your only opportunity to make it right, and you chose to be an arrogant jerk about it. I don't give second chances to folks like you. I just write you off. If you had been inclined to work with me, I would have worked with you. You chose to be an arrogant S.O.B., that was your choice. I am willing to deal with the consequences of my poor judgment, to buy from you. Too bad that you're not man enough to deal with the consequences of being a disreputable seller.
Merle Haggard
K4TEC

Re: C'mon Now Martyn

Post by K4TEC »

[quote="K9XR"]
Martyn, I don't believe I have ever seen you say "I really screwed up, you are right". It is always the other guys fault and you know what? A lot of folks around here including myself just know better.

Do you not read?
"I have already said more than once that I am sorry that it seems you may have been sent the wrong power supply "

Guess not.. and the funny thing is I was addressing Mike, not you Al, Still want that wodden map of the world from you :)
K9XR

Re: C'mon Now Martyn

Post by K9XR »

Yes Martyn, I can read, can you? If you could You would have seen that I posted my comment 1 minute after you did yours. Had it ever occerred to you that I may have been typing at the same time you were?

And once again it is still w3RXOs fault.

K4TEC wrote:
K9XR wrote: Martyn, I don't believe I have ever seen you say "I really screwed up, you are right". It is always the other guys fault and you know what? A lot of folks around here including myself just know better.

Do you not read?
"I have already said more than once that I am sorry that it seems you may have been sent the wrong power supply "

Guess not.. and the funny thing is I was addressing Mike, not you Al, Still want that wodden map of the world from you :)
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Sorry Merle, dont know where I got Mike from?
Well I offered to put it right and so you decline, and only throw insults and profanity at me (SOB etc) You seem to may still have issues, you have your opinion and I will respect that, if your unwilling or unable to now work with me there is nothing I can do.
You only give one chance to a person, are you married I wonder? and other thoughts wander in to my mind but Merle I tried, my offer today to you is my "one chance" offer how you take it is up to you but name calling is I guess really a way of you showing how you are.
I hope some can see my willingness to attempt to put right this issue after a few years.
You chose the answer, shame yuo feel that way
73s ...
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Al, I am not saying it is RXO's fault, What I am asking is what concern is it of yours?