RE: Moved: SCAMMER - BEWARE : K4TEC , Mr. Allison

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I must admit, it is very interesting why Alex's post vanished.

Alex, your comments are just as important as everyone else s , just re post it !
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Yes Alex i agree your opinion and experience is important. I was surprised your thread was removed. I suspect not for any thing you said or did but possibly they felt it was going off message by others comments.
Larry Huff K0pd
K9XR

MAYBE

Post by K9XR »

You may be right Larry. Still the whole thread shouldn't have been deleted if that was the problem. It might make more sense just to lock it like so many more of the threads similar to this one have been. Maybe the thread will be reinstated?
k0pd wrote:Yes Alex i agree your opinion and experience is important. I was surprised your thread was removed. I suspect not for any thing you said or did but possibly they felt it was going off message by others comments.
kv4fz

I need more information on Radio-Mart (K4TEC)

Post by kv4fz »

I was recently sent by Radio-Mart a Kenwood TS-2000 purchased by another ham for remote use. When it arrived it powered up but that was about it. There wasno frequency indication on the lower bands and the U/L CW error message was obvious. The unit was said to be working by the vendor Radio-Mart but after sending it to Kenwood for service they made an evaluation and a quote for $1600 to get the radio working. I tried to contact Martyn Allison of Radio-Mart but he was non-responsive. Even telephone calls to his so called business in Georgetown, KY went to voice recorder. I now read that others have had serious unresolved problems with Radio- Mart. The person who had paid for the radio was from the Ukraine and had to scrape up every last dime to buy it from Radio-Mart by Postal Money Order which was cashed. Accordingly I want to pursue legal avenues in order to get resolution. There are also potential criminal charges that could be levied....but I need the help of anyone who has had similar experiences with Radio-Mart out of Georgetown, KY. If yu are such a person please send me a private e-mail at herbs@vitelcom.net and share with me your experiences. Your information will be kept confidential and shared only with the U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky for further action. If there is enough indication of serious mail and or wire fraud that office has assured me they will proceed.

Thanks for your help and 73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Wow .....Why does this not surprise me ?
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KV4FZ Herb the problem your going to run into is Radio Mart will state they shipped a perfectly good working radio and that either the buyer did something to it or it happened in shipment. Your correct in that Radio Mart has many complaints and it seems the most serious are from those over seas. I wish you the best and Martyn needs to step up on this complaint and make it right.
Larry Huff K0pd
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

WB6VHK wrote:Wow .....Why does this not surprise me ?
WOW!!!!! That man needs his money back! I think this needs resolved.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Minus shipping of course !

I am now going to wait for the standard reply ( you know, the one we have heard so many times before ).
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

WB6VHK wrote:Minus shipping of course !

I am now going to wait for the standard reply ( you know, the one we have heard so many times before ).
I'm a Ham foremost! So i know how equipment is,and how things can get banged around in shipping.But isn't that the reason for ins?But 1600 to fix a ts-2000?? Did someone pour gas on it and set it on fire? 1600 is what they sold for new! Im going to say that i see a pattern here with radios being sold to the Ukraine. Im not saying the radio wasn't defective,but i don't understand how it could cost that much to fix? I think that radio needs to be examined by a reptuble tech and determine the cause of the damage! Then the problem resolved,whom ever is at fault.
kv4fz

Kenwood TS-2000 from Radio Mart

Post by kv4fz »

The radio in question had no signs of any impact damage on either end of the shipment. The radio in general looked good...but it was not working on the HF bands. It was received double boxed and sent out the same way to Kenwood for service. The mere fact that Radio-Mart refuses to communicate with the buyers that have issues with his tactics speaks volumes to me. I just want to find out how much of this alleged scamming of amateur is taking place and am soliciting private emails so i can put a case together. Considering that many of the victims have been overseas and have little or no recourse to pursue legal avenues for recompense, I think the least we can do is work together and find out what Martyn's game is. If he is running a fraudulent operation as it appears, I will work overtime to see that it will be stopped cold.

Herb, KV4FZ
ke5oah

Re: Kenwood TS-2000 from Radio Mart

Post by ke5oah »

kv4fz wrote:The radio in question had no signs of any impact damage on either end of the shipment. The radio in general looked good...but it was not working on the HF bands. It was received double boxed and sent out the same way to Kenwood for service. The mere fact that Radio-Mart refuses to communicate with the buyers that have issues with his tactics speaks volumes to me. I just want to find out how much of this alleged scamming of amateur is taking place and am soliciting private emails so i can put a case together. Considering that many of the victims have been overseas and have little or no recourse to pursue legal avenues for recompense, I think the least we can do is work together and find out what Martyn's game is. If he is running a fraudulent operation as it appears, I will work overtime to see that it will be stopped cold.

Herb, KV4FZ
I don't blame you for wanting your money back.It sounds like to me that "radio mart" is going to be investigated.
ke5oah

Re: Kenwood TS-2000 from Radio Mart

Post by ke5oah »

kv4fz wrote:The radio in question had no signs of any impact damage on either end of the shipment. The radio in general looked good...but it was not working on the HF bands. It was received double boxed and sent out the same way to Kenwood for service. The mere fact that Radio-Mart refuses to communicate with the buyers that have issues with his tactics speaks volumes to me. I just want to find out how much of this alleged scamming of amateur is taking place and am soliciting private emails so i can put a case together. Considering that many of the victims have been overseas and have little or no recourse to pursue legal avenues for recompense, I think the least we can do is work together and find out what Martyn's game is. If he is running a fraudulent operation as it appears, I will work overtime to see that it will be stopped cold.

Herb, KV4FZ
I don't blame you for wanting your money back.Maybe you can get this resolved with martyn,before you have to go though all that mess.
rsdx390

Re: I need more information on Radio-Mart (K4TEC)

Post by rsdx390 »

If you don't own the radio and is owned by someone in the Ukraine, then how can you personally "pursue legal avenues" against Radio-Mart?
kv4fz wrote:The person who had paid for the radio was from the Ukraine and had to scrape up every last dime to buy it from Radio-Mart by Postal Money Order which was cashed. Accordingly I want to pursue legal avenues in order to get resolution.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I believe he can do it per request or being hired to represent his case. No lawyer here just a wild guess.
Larry Huff K0pd
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

k0pd wrote:I believe he can do it per request or being hired to represent his case. No lawyer here just a wild guess.
It can be done.He has to be a leazon for the ukrainan ham. He just has to get in written form and noterized and all the transaction materials recipt,emails,etc. But thats only if shipped and received in the US or US territory.
AA6ZE

Re: I need more information on Radio-Mart (K4TEC)

Post by AA6ZE »

kv4fz wrote:I was recently sent by Radio-Mart a Kenwood TS-2000 purchased by another ham for remote use. When it arrived it powered up but that was about it. There wasno frequency indication on the lower bands and the U/L CW error message was obvious. The unit was said to be working by the vendor Radio-Mart but after sending it to Kenwood for service they made an evaluation and a quote for $1600 to get the radio working. I tried to contact Martyn Allison of Radio-Mart but he was non-responsive. Even telephone calls to his so called business in Georgetown, KY went to voice recorder. I now read that others have had serious unresolved problems with Radio- Mart. The person who had paid for the radio was from the Ukraine and had to scrape up every last dime to buy it from Radio-Mart by Postal Money Order which was cashed. Accordingly I want to pursue legal avenues in order to get resolution. There are also potential criminal charges that could be levied....but I need the help of anyone who has had similar experiences with Radio-Mart out of Georgetown, KY. If yu are such a person please send me a private e-mail at herbs@vitelcom.net and share with me your experiences. Your information will be kept confidential and shared only with the U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky for further action. If there is enough indication of serious mail and or wire fraud that office has assured me they will proceed.

Thanks for your help and 73

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ
You might also post this on the company reviews forum on Eham.net. There is a long thread there about people who have had issues with Radio-Mart. Good luck in building your case.

Peter AA6ZE
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Maybe we could all pitch in and help this poor guy get his radio repaired one way or another ? We could show him what Hams from the USA are REALLY about.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

And some one here missed the obvious; the buyer damaged the radio himself by mistake? Like that never happens? or could it have been static discharge? Right?

One thing I do know is that the transceiver was in perfect working order when it left me simple as that.

Anyway I am not going to monitor this ridiculous thread any longer, it’s as ridiculous as KENWOOD USA wanting $1600 to repair it, WOW now someone needs to start a thread about that right? That is higher than the price of a brand new one, how odd.

73s and happy reading
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn:

Of course it was working perfect ! Don't worry, we all believe you ...Obviously just another stupid ham from overseas that does not know what he was doing. Those Russian hams !
N6YM

still wondering

Post by N6YM »

K4TEC wrote:And some one here missed the obvious; the buyer damaged the radio himself by mistake? Like that never happens? or could it have been static discharge? Right?

One thing I do know is that the transceiver was in perfect working order when it left me simple as that.

Anyway I am not going to monitor this ridiculous thread any longer, it’s as ridiculous as KENWOOD USA wanting $1600 to repair it, WOW now someone needs to start a thread about that right? That is higher than the price of a brand new one, how odd.

73s and happy reading

I'm still wondering how R4RT's topic cannot be read if he
(as he posted here himself) did not delete it or request its deletion.

And I ran across another topic; same situation, shown as "moved"
but I can't find it anywhere, and when I try to read it, it's not there....
"Moved:ROBERT RODGERS - KD8MAA Crook - Mail Fraud"
kv4fz

Radio-Mart Problems

Post by kv4fz »

According to Radio-Mart it is always someone else to blame. He won't even communicate with the buyer and now he blames Kenwood for the high repair costs. He is some piece of work and it is time as responsible amateurs to make sure no one else is ever scammed again. Yes he didn't do this to me but to a good friend from overseas. It is something we can do together....just spread the word about this so called "high end seller." He needs to be stopped from continuing this nonsense.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

You will also note the same three things that happen every time:

Sentence # 1 , Blame the buyer.

Sentence # 2, Deny any fault whatsoever.

Sentence # 3, Change the subject.
ke5oah

kenwood usa

Post by ke5oah »

I will say this. kenwood wanting 1600 to fix a ts 2000 that isn't totally destroyed is odd? I hope the ukrainian ham told them not to fix it! I think i could find one a lot cheaper than 1600 ready to go. I have a buddy that had a brand new ts 2000 that did the exact same thing as the one described here. He sent it back to kenwood in cali and they fixed it and told him it was his fault that the rx went out and charged him 400. I know this ham well and he did nothing to make the rx go out! I had a ts 2000 and the rx was bad in it and went out also. If kenwood would have quoted me a price like that, their ears would still be burning! Did a little research and that is a common problem with the ts 2000.The ts 2000 has bad rx troubles,i operate alot of hf and had several guys to tell me that is the reason they got rid of the ones they had.
WB6VHK

Re: Radio-Mart Problems

Post by WB6VHK »

kv4fz wrote:According to Radio-Mart it is always someone else to blame. He won't even communicate with the buyer and now he blames Kenwood for the high repair costs. He is some piece of work and it is time as responsible amateurs to make sure no one else is ever scammed again. Yes he didn't do this to me but to a good friend from overseas. It is something we can do together....just spread the word about this so called "high end seller." He needs to be stopped from continuing this nonsense.
Count me "in"
KA9MOT

Re: still wondering

Post by KA9MOT »

n6ym wrote:
K4TEC wrote:And some one here missed the obvious; the buyer damaged the radio himself by mistake? Like that never happens? or could it have been static discharge? Right?

73s and happy reading

I'm still wondering how R4RT's topic cannot be read if he
(as he posted here himself) did not delete it or request its deletion.

And I ran across another topic; same situation, shown as "moved"
but I can't find it anywhere, and when I try to read it, it's not there....
"Moved:ROBERT RODGERS - KD8MAA Crook - Mail Fraud"
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind. Or it could be that Radio-Mart advertises here and get's to play by a different set of rules...... Then again, if that were to get out............
Steve - KA9MOT