Bad purchase

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Copatlarge

Bad purchase

Post by Copatlarge »

Bought a ft-8900 from ke5ohw (James Boggs). He didn't disclose it was in a smoke filled environment and it stunk bad. Also said it worked fine when the right side of the display is faint and going out and it'll just shut itself off after a few minutes. Those are issues that should have been disclosed and now im gonna have to fix.

Partly my fault for not asking but when someone tells you it works good, especially a ham, you tend to believe them, feel Ike I just wasted $350.!

Buyers beware.

73's
Bill
KC0VNW
Hammyguy

Post by Hammyguy »

It's not your fault for not asking. A smoking environment is an undisclosed defect of the radio. Yes defect. Some rigs I have pulled from a shipping box have stunk so bad they have to sit outside under a carport before they air out enough to even begin the cleanup.