RADIO-MART SALES & SERVICE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4RYR

RADIO-MART SALES & SERVICE

Post by K4RYR »

:D :D :D Within the last week I purchased a used Kenwood TS-940S from Martyn at Rado-Mart and I am here to tell you that all the bad press that he has been getting is "Totally Unfounded"!!! The radio arrived in beautiful condition and operates flawlessly, it was an excellent deal and I could not be happier with my purchase. So all the previous negative postings about Radio-Mart should be ignored....he is a very valid reseller of ham equipment and very sensitive to the buyers satisfaction!!! Of course there are always those that couldn't be happy no matter what you do for them....and unfortunately we have quite a few of them in the amateur radio comunity!!!

I would buy from Radio-Mart again in a hearbeat!!! He does stand behind his sales and service without a doubt!
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Unless of course you live in Russia.

See: http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index ... 388.0.html

Are you telling us all this guy ( along with hundreds of others ) is all wrong and just a "whiner" who likes to make trouble ?

Have you ever Googled "radio-mart" and read all of the other horror stories ? Or are you just assuming that because since you got a good deal ( and I am glad you did ) that everyone else has and will been treated the same as you ?
w8mjm

K4TEC

Post by w8mjm »

I too have dealt with Radio Mart and have had no problems.
w3qe

Re: K4TEC

Post by w3qe »

w8mjm wrote:I too have dealt with Radio Mart and have had no problems.

DITTO---the small minded freaks who propagate this ongoing crap about Radio Mart are sadly lacking something in life. Malcontents is fitting.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven."
K4TEC

WB6VHK

Post by K4TEC »

Thanks guys your comments are all really appreciated.

I had a little time spare this morning so thought I would just post a little responce to Darrell WB6VHK in a new thread

http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=11027

He attacks me when ever and where ever possible and all this from some one who has never purchased anything from me which I find really strange,, anyway we will see where that thread goes..
w7why

Post by w7why »

WB6VHK wrote: Have you ever Googled "radio-mart" and read all of the other horror stories ? Or are you just assuming that because since you got a good deal ( and I am glad you did ) that everyone else has and will been treated the same as you ?
So, that affects you - how???

Did you have a bad transaction with Radio Mart? Details? 73
Tom W7WHY
larrylanberg

Post by larrylanberg »

Delete.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Tom:

I like your call.

Let me start by saying that I have never bought anything from "radio-mart"...but then again I don't have to drink poison to know that it will kill me either.

A few years ago my neighbor several doors down the street kept trying to sell me an old KWM-2. I finally went over and looked at it and very quickly determined that it would ( unless someone was VERY dedicated ) work again...it was a "parts set". After I declined to buy it from him he put it up on ebay and guess who bought it.....! A few weeks later I saw "radio-mart selling it on ebay as a "collector quality" radio from his "personal collection".....My neighbor and I had a good laugh about it. Sadly, someone paid good money for it. ( yes, I was certain it was the same radio and so was my neighbor ). I thought to myself my gosh, what a con artist this guy is !

Just a little over a year and a half ago I noticed "radio-mart" had a part I needed for auction. Even though I swore I would never buy anything from this guy I really needed it and went ahead and bid. I kept getting outbid by one certain bidder and wound up losing. A week later "radio-mart" had the SAME board up for auction again. ( same picture anyway )...I went ahead and bid again but was outbid by the SAME bidder who I lost to last time. I thought this was rather odd and for some reason I started checking "radio-marts" feedback records. What I saw SHOCKED me. There was a certain bidder "ts944" that was bidding on most of "radio-marts" auctions every week. This was the same bidder who outbid me on the part I wanted. I did an in depth study of "radio-marts" feedback and found that in the last year "ts944" had "won" over 50,000 dollars of equipment from "radio-mart". Not just radios but a motorcycle, telescope, car parts, etc.....Equally shocking was that "ts944" was quite often the second highest bidder when one of "radio-marts" auctions closed. It seemed to me that if anyone wanted to buy something from radio-mart they would have to outbid "ts944" ! The other funny thing was that when "ts944" would win he would go on to leave radio-mart glowing feedback, but radio-mart NEVER would leave any return feedback for "ts944" ! You would think that "ts944" being radio-marts best customer by far would deserve some feedback ? after all radio-mart always would leave timely feedback for everyone else, why not "ts944" ?

I started reporting what I saw to ebay. As I suspected they did nothing. I posted what I saw on eham and within one week ( by radio-marts own admission ) seventeen people reported him for shill bidding. Radio-mart swears he was not suspended of expelled from selling on ebay but I do not believe him. A few weeks after he was reported ALL of his listings ( and his "sister company" ilove2cell 's auctions vanished from ebay in MID LISTING.

A few weeks later he claimed he was "taking time off" due to his racing career"
then a few weeks after that he sent out a email to his customers that he had left ebay due to their excessive fee's and mistreatment of his customers !

I don't buy any of it for one minute.

So why am I mad you ask ? After I "outed" radio-mart" for what he was doing on ebay he went into the "attack" mode against me. I still have a few of the emails he sent me claiming he was "watching " me and had a "good size file" on me for what I was doing to him. one of his standard answers when someone DARES question his ethics is that he is in the miserable minority of malcontents .....

Radio-mart claims to be a professional business. If anyone has ever noticed every time someone has claimed to have a problem with something they bought from radio-mart it is NEVER Martyns fault. and I mean NEVER.

Overseas hams seem to be especially vulnerable.

Martyn claims in a post he just wrote that I have been complaining about him ( and others) for years and years ....Not true. You will look long and hard to find a post about radio-mart from over a year and a half ago. You will also look long and hard to find a negative post I have ever written about anyone other than radio-mart.

As I said radio-mart is upset that I "outed" him for his ebay activities. He cannot answer me on eham because I guess he has been blocked from that site ? Apparently QTH.com is one of the few places he has left to go....We will see how long you last here Martyn.

K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

:D :) :D There you go again Darrell assuming, dang man you’re so full of it.
Even others ask you what business is it of yours to make your stupid comments to anyone posting something positive about me, Darrell you seriously do need some help.
And all this from someone who has never purchased from me, you say eBay booted me Wheres your Proof Darrell, again BS, the fact you got outbid is due to you not offering enough, you see thats how auctions work.
I chose myself to remove all association with eBay but hey I don’t need to justify anything to you Darrell as your nothing to me.
Shure I would love to respond on eHam, they are the ONLY web site that has me blocked and the only site where one sided BS is posted, like the Russian you mentioned you exhadurate one side of the story and mock the truth and shure if someone sells me junk I am going to do exactly what you would and that’s have a go at them and the fact I buy I guess more than most then I am going to seem like I have a go often but that’s only down to the volume of business.
Bottom Line Darrell is your pathetic responses to all of the positive comments made about me on all web sites are immediately met by crap from you.
Darrell go get a life, spend some time on the air and enjoy your hobby instead of mocking me.
I did a search under your callsign, 4 pages of your garbage attacking me and my company, Don’t know if you see here Darrell your all alone, One last comment from me, Darrell, Grow up.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I stand behind everything I have said 100%.

Martyn, You know that anyone with a I.Q. above the plant life level can research your ebay feedback record over the last 2-3 years and see what was going on with you and ts944...it is a matter of public record for anyone who wants to see.

What about this poor guy, Martyn :

http://www.vk4adc.com/web/index.php/cav ... omart.html

It must have taken him hours to write this! ( and you notice he supplies PROOF of what happened )

Or this ham :

http://www.vr2xmt.com/ebayconradiomart.html

He has taken the time to put up a web site dedicated to you for life !

When you claim to be a professional business and then do things like this you are asking for trouble.

I am more than happy to keep posting whenever I see someone else that has been burned by you.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Yes you are Darrell, 1 or 2 out of the thousands and you a person who has never purchased anything from me, does not know me choses to be as big of a nuisance as is possible, you’re like a leach Darrell but hey sticks and stones OM...
By your gross exadurations you alone with your exadurated comments make it out to be hundreds who have problems with past transactions rather than the truth where you can probably count any issues over the past 12 years on two hands and let’s not forget over 40,000 successful transactions.
to the few who have issues with me I AGAIN invite you to contact me so any problems can be resolved (this is the 3rd time I have invited anyone with a problem to come forward as NO ONE has yet) and lets resolve any issues, again I don’t expect any emails but hey the offer is out there still.
Darrell may I recommend you chose to peruse the likes of Donndon, and other like him who you don’t know who have taken people for way over $10,000, go stick your nose in their business for a change.
Darrell you need to go get a life, pester someone else and stop exadurating the truth.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Oh and PS, thanks for all the free advertising :D
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Darrell may I recommend you chose to peruse the likes of Donndon, and other like him who you don’t know who have taken people for way over $10,000, go stick your nose in their business for a change.

Why ? You seem to have that one covered.

Look Martyn. After you left ebay and started your own website I thought things would change. When I saw this latest post I became angry and thought obviously things have not changed a bit.

Martyn, If a radio is all scratched up why not just advertise it as such ? You would be surprised, someone will buy it anyway.

I think it is important that when selling overseas you "bend over backwards" to make sure the buyer knows the real condition ( and any known faults ) before you send it to him...it seem you would avoid a lot of problems that way ?

Not only that, you would gain a lot more respect ( mine included ) .

It would go a long way with your Russian buyer if you refunded his shipping costs. I really don't think that was fair to him.

I know the difference between you and donndon. To my knowledge no one has ever accused you of taking their money and not sending them anything.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

First off Darrell, and I keep saying this, what business is it of yours?
The deal I had was between the Russian and myself and no one else.
The radio had a trapped wire thus giving the effect of a defective speaker when it wasnt, it was not all scratched up etc you have to admit all the pictures on my web site are clear and higer resolution ones can easily be requested to be certain the radio is exactly as expected.
What the Russian failed to tell you even though I have twice now is the following...

"I sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to a Russian, he claimed the internal speaker was not good, he wanted $350 off the price or he would make trouble, he also asked I put a low value on the customs form to avoid as much tax, so I said just return it and pointed out our return policy (this is after he had it 3 months and I offered him $100 off the price so he can go get a $10 speaker)

Fair or not?

So today he writes on eHam a bunch of one sided garbage about how I ripped him off,

Our return policy is very simple
“We offer a no quibble 5 STAR Return policy. If an item is not as expected when delivered then please email me to arrange its return within 48 hours of receipt. We do not refund shipping charges unless otherwise agreed on.
Any item that is found to be faulty after receipt and has no mention of it having a warrantee when purchased is not covered by any return policy and sold as such and considered non returnable

This policy goes for every sale both here and overseas, I do not force overseas buyers to buy from me but that is a risk thay have to take in to account just in case something does go wrong.

Think of it this way, if HRO, AES, Lentini, Universal and all the other retailers sold a radio overseas and it had a fault, do you think they would pay for the shipping, read their policies also Darrell, they are similar to mine and of course the answer would be NO.

In fact they do not refund overseas transactions period yes I did.

Have a good day there Darrell and be happy in the thoughts that you have once again managed to distort a thread thanking me again, your very good at that.
73s
n0yg

Post by n0yg »

All my transactions with RADIO MART or Martyn have gone as smooth as dealing with any of the BIG 3. I don't understand why all the SLAMMING OF RADIO MART. Keep up the good work Martyn, I would buy from him again and not worry about anything !
73 n0yg
Robert
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Robert:

You claim you would buy from radio-mart again but just yesterday you posted this on eham.com ?

Quote ( from you ) :

Grin I have not bought from K4TEC but have sold to him and the transaction went very smooth with no problems.
73 n0yg
Robert

I don't get it ?
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Martyn:

You just made the claim that you have not had your selling privileges suspended or revoked on ebay.

Like I said, I don't believe it for a minute.

You could prove me wrong in a heartbeat Martyn. List ONE THING on ebay !
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I made a promise that as soon as I had my web site up and running that I would never list a single thing on eBay ever again and I meant it, I even pulled my other Key account that was a top rated seller with over 6500 positives.

Darrell I do not bow down to you or do as you tell me to, I dont know who you think you are? and like I said apart from being a thorn in my side, you are nothing to me.

You didnt make any comments on my post re the Russian asking for $350 nor not complaining about him having had the radio 3 months etc Darrell nor did you make any comments about the other ham who also asked wha business is any of this to you?

For what its worth I will post this for the amusement of others

Member id radio-mart ( 17626)

Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 100%
[How is Feedback percentage calculated?]

Registered as a Business Seller

Darrell go away, your boring me now.
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

Yawn to this constant witch hunt,

just sayin
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I don't know why there's all the bellyachin' about Radio Mart requiring the buyer to pay shipping when returning a rig. I'd say that about 90% of on-line, phone or mail order outlets require the buyer to pay return shipping.

I bought a "nanny cam" for residential surveillance. The seller sent me the wrong unit. I had to pay for return postage and proof of delivery. In return, they sent a replacement. a wrong one again, the same one like the first wrong one. More return postage. For what? A THIRD WRONG UNIT!!!

I ended-up eating about $45 in postage charges to return three wrong units. I couldn't even get my credit card company to do a charge-back; I AGREED TO PAY RETURN SHIPPING WHEN I BOUGHT THE FIRST UNIT[/b]!!!!

READ AND THINK BEFORE DEVELOPING THE "I GOTTA HAVE IT" SYNDROME!.

Who ever said "LIFE IS FAIR"? WIt ain't!

N9LCD
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

N9LCD :

I agree with you, Life is not fair and it never will be.

Not quite sure what the "gottahaveit " syndrome is ?

Needless to say, I will bet you never purchased anything from the company who sold you three wrong nanny cams again ?

I don't know about you but if I called HRO on the phone or ordered over the net and purchased a certain radio and they sent me the wrong one I would expect them to pay return shipping. Why on earth would I pay return shipping for their mistake ?

I think it's funny that after reading all that Martyn has written on this subject several months ago HE COMPLAINED that he purchased something, had to return it, and was out of pocket 45.00

Quote:

Got a refund, sad this arrived dead, I am $45 out of pocket now. Seller:
Member id warehouse133 ( Feedback Score Of 2 )
Jul-22-11 11:43
-- (#160610859628)

If you read the ham from Russia's post , He complained that he paid top dollar for a rig that was advertised as "like new" and received a dirty scratched up radio..."trash" as he described it. Martyn tries to minimize this to a "speaker" issue but that was not what R4RT complained about in his post.
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

WB6VHK:

The "gottahaveit" syndrome is something like: Gee, that's nice; that's a good price; I got some extra cash; I better get it before somebody else does". And then you wake-up and ask "WHY"?

No, I didn't buy a "nanny cam" from that screwed-up bunch. After the third wrong one, I told them I wanted a refund of the purchase price.

And, I agree with you that it would be nice if somebody who sent you the wrong item paid for the return shipping. But what are you going to do? Once you do business with somebody, you've legally accepted their terms and conditions. YOU"RE STUCK!

THE GOLDEN RULE: THEY WHO HAVE THE GOLD MAKE THE RULES!

N9LCD
n0yg

Post by n0yg »

[quote="n0yg"]All my transactions with RADIO MART or Martyn have gone as smooth as dealing with any of the BIG 3. I don't understand why all the SLAMMING OF RADIO MART. Keep up the good work Martyn, I would buy from him again and not worry about anything !
73 n0yg
Robert[/
quote]My Bad, I should of said " I would not hesitate to do business with Martyn again, I have sold to him.
Robyn520D

Post by Robyn520D »

WB6VHK wrote:You could prove me wrong in a heartbeat Martyn. List ONE THING on ebay !
Why do you feel that Martyn needs to prove something to you? Sir... neither Martyn, nor anyone on this forum, needs to prove anything to you.

Since you seem to be the self proclaimed Radio-Mart "hater" on the net... please give us the details of all of the transactions you've had with him that you've based your conclusions on. I take it you have been "financially impacted" by Radio-Mart... right?

I will fully admit upfront in my first post here on QTH that I do not know Martyn and have never had a single dealing with him... but this "bickering" that you post several times a day when you've never transacted business with him is... in all respects... quite childish to many of us "lurkers" here on QTH.

And... no... I do not have a call sign... but do I really need one? This is all pretty much common sense.

Here's something for you to do. Contact Ebay corporate and get a certified letter clearly stating that Radio-Mart's account was terminated for improper use. Make sure you get a name and contact info, because this kind of stuff is always "faked' on the net and we're going to have to verify the source. You do all the "leg work" since apparently you have plenty of time and need to convince us with proof. Once verified, I'll join your "camp", but until then you're just another "fly by night" poster making unfounded accusations.

Martyn has a business to run. He's going to have both good and bad transactions especially based upon the volume he does. Let him run it and let him be accountable to his customers for his performance. Every "for profit" business runs in the same manner, so why should Martyn be any different? He certainly doesn't need to be different solely based upon your observations and suggestions.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Robyn520D do you have a ham call? I'm curious as you are using for id the name of a 40 channel CB that was fairly popular at one time.
Larry Huff K0pd