SCAMMER - BEWARE : K4TEC , Mr. Allison

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
R4RT

SCAMMER - BEWARE : K4TEC , Mr. Allison

Post by R4RT »

Hello everybody,
I would like to warn you against a cheat on the site Radio-Mart (K4TEC,Mr.Allison).
This is what has happened to me. I bought on this site an IC-7000 transceiver, which was declared as used, but in a very good condition, like a new one, without a description of any faults. Besides, out of the 5(!) declared transceivers of this sort I bought the most expensive one for $US 1.099 (at that the price of a new transceiver together with RMK-7000 set by the dealers was $1239.00), presuming that among those “like new” it would be the worthiest transceiver. But on receiving this transceiver I experienced a shock, as the condition of it could not be described other than “trash”! In the first place it was not complete – it lacked the front feet with the stand; the detachable front panel was all scratched, and the backside had mechanical defects and was smeared with some sticky stuff. To crown it all, the inside speaker was damaged, which resulted in a distorted audio signal and the speaker itself needed to be replaced… not counting the attritions at the sides of the heat-sink. That is the misery I have received under the name of “new”. In the course of the correspondence that followed Mr. Allison(K4TEC) offered to send me the missing parts, but I refused because I could not put up with the deception and decided to return the stuff as not answering its description and having defects, naturally with compensation of all my expenses I had to make, as it is done in all civilized countries. But no, Mr. Allison(K4TEC) refused to pay the postage, which on the whole amounted to $US 142, 25 (72, 85 postage from USA to Russia and $69, 4 from Russia to USA), and the return of the cost of the transceiver was also made at my expense, where I lost $43.16. Generally the dishonesty of Mr. Allison(K4TEC) cost me $185, 41.
A detailed study of the site has shown that although the prices of transceivers are different, the photos in the advertisements are the same; it means that they can stick the same thing at different prices. That is the show they are making on the site Radio-Mart.
As it came to light later, that transceiver had been in use for four years (!) in two cars (!) and visited Hawaii, which probably explains the deplorable state of the front panel.
By the way, it says in the customs declaration, which came with the parcel, that the transceiver is registered as “used radio for parts” and cost only $56, and the question arises: what could it mean? I did not buy parts!
I wish nobody fell for the tricks of this swindler.
73! Alex
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Alex i believe the declaration on the customs sheet was probably done so as to limit your tax cost. Not taking sides here but thought i might mention that..
Larry Huff K0pd
R4RT

Post by R4RT »

k0pd wrote:Alex i believe the declaration on the customs sheet was probably done so as to limit your tax cost. Not taking sides here but thought i might mention that..
No Larry, I did not need it.
73! Alex
K4ICL

Status?

Post by K4ICL »

Has this been resolved?

K4ICL
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

K4ICL good question,Alex has this problem been settled ?
Larry Huff K0pd
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

Here we go (AGAIN)

Somebody break out the Bud Lite while we all await the explanation from Mr. Allison. :shock:
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Has Scott been made aware of this post ?
WA5ZZT

Post by WA5ZZT »

n/t
ke5oah

Mr.Allison

Post by ke5oah »

I have seen alot of people calling Mr.Allison a crook. If he has mis-judged the condition of a radio,and then said he would try to make it right by sending you the parts,then he has made efforts to resolve the situation. Some people 'myself' included has mis-judged a radio before. (a) 1.You received a icom 7000.(a)2.It was advertised as "new condition".(b) 1.What was his warrenty policy .You can say that he mis-judged condition of the radio you purchased.(c) He can claim that you are just hard to please.(d)He can claim he offered to send you the replacement parts. He more than likely made a honest mistake. I know that as "new" radio suppose to look and operate "good as new",so he offered to send you the parts to make it work "as new"as in example (d). He can't fix scratches on a radio thousands of miles away. Example and is written in (a) 1 So,by law he didn't scam ya! If it wasn't in the agreement of purchase "100" percent satisfaction or your money back,or return in "x" amount of days,then you bought the radio "as is". Thats why people need to discuss the deal over the phone. Not everyone writes deals made over emails in legal form or with the best understanding. Not everyone has a law degree,but some of us do.So basically you are mad!! Because of the advertised condition of the radio. Then Mr.Allison should give you some of the purchase price back as in "used condition". But as the market shows,thats about 200 dollars. I think thats fair?
Last edited by ke5oah on Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I have read your post several times and am somewhat puzzled by what you are saying, Could you elaborate ?

73, Darrell / WB6VHK
ke5oah

elaboration

Post by ke5oah »

What i am saying is;Mr.Allison made a "possible"honest mistake. Mr.Allison tried to make the deal right,by sending the parts "put forth effort". The buyer totally refused and wanted a full refund. What is Mr.Allison's return policy?? That is where"liability on this issue lies".If it was "100% satisfaction" or a total refund in "x" number of days. Then he should "totally" refund the purchase price. If his warranty policy isn't "100%" satisfaction with return in "x" number of days. Then Mr.Allison is not a cheat. If Mr.Allison seen his mistake and offered to fix the radio "within reason" then i think he did the right thing. Everyone that reads these complaints and comment needs to find out what Mr.Allison's return policy is before casting judgement who is in the right.That is someting "I" don't know,but im not going to put forth judgement until that is clairifed. I re-read the complaint."pictures of radio are all the same" I have seen some of that myself on this site as many others. Sellers should be doing that! If you can't download a pic of the "original" equipment,then don't post one off of "Rig Pix"etc. That is "knowingly" mis-repersenting equipment.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

ke5oah:

Let me ask you a "hypothetical question" .

If YOU saw an ad on the internet for a "like new" radio ( let's just say an Icom 7000 for example ) and paid good money for it would you be disappointed when it arrived and instead of being "like new" it was all filthy and scratched up with some parts missing ? or would that be ok with you ?
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I am going to post this just once and I will not be revisiting this thread.

I sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to Alex, it was pictured and as always my pictures are clear and it was stated that the pictures were of the actual item sold, it was in good condition tested and working.
Alex received the radio and then THREE MONTHS later complained of no audio in the speaker, I told him to return it for a refund less shipping costs, this he did and I refunded him for the radio.
My return policy is very clear but I went the extra mile and accepted it back after 3 months, how many of you would do that.
Anyway the rig had a broken/trapped speaker wire, thats what you get for opening up a radio and you dont know what your doing, so I replaced the thin speaker wire, tested the radio and re sold it.
Then Alex complains, what can you say?
I am not refunding his shipping, the radio was sold per the agreed buyers policy, its clear to follow with no technical terms, simple.
As far as I am concerned that was the end of the transaction.
I am certain that some may feel differently about it but this is all I have to say.
73s.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

Gee Martyn, I was just asking ke5oah a simple hypothetical question. I know if I purchased a radio that was advertised as "like new" and received a filthy beat up looking radio I would be quite upset too.

Or is "mint" in the eye of the beholder ?
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

K4TEC wrote:I am going to post this just once and I will not be revisiting this thread.

I sold a perfectly good working IC-7000 to Alex, it was pictured and as always my pictures are clear and it was stated that the pictures were of the actual item sold, it was in good condition tested and working.
Alex received the radio and then THREE MONTHS later complained of no audio in the speaker, I told him to return it for a refund less shipping costs, this he did and I refunded him for the radio.
My return policy is very clear but I went the extra mile and accepted it back after 3 months, how many of you would do that.
Anyway the rig had a broken/trapped speaker wire, thats what you get for opening up a radio and you dont know what your doing, so I replaced the thin speaker wire, tested the radio and re sold it.
Then Alex complains, what can you say?
I am not refunding his shipping, the radio was sold per the agreed buyers policy, its clear to follow with no technical terms, simple.
As far as I am concerned that was the end of the transaction.
I am certain that some may feel differently about it but this is all I have to say.
73s.
My thoughts is "why wait 3months to complain" I traded for a nice ts 450sat a month or two ago. When i got it everything worked perfect,two weeks later the display started going bad. I didn't asked the guy to trade back! Thats electronics,sometimes things go bad! But if i had got it and it was bad,that would have been diffrent. I sure wouldn't live with the problem over a day or two.So why wait 3months then expect a refund?? Mr.Allison was very,very,very dedicated to make it right,just to offer him a refund.Most people would say "stick it" after that long.
ke5oah

wb6vhk

Post by ke5oah »

Yes i have bought stuff that was mis-repersented as"new" and was kinda disappointed. But im smart enough and have common since to know that it might not be "looks as new",so if i want a "looks as new" i buy new! I have had it broke off in me on this site and others on how a rig looks. When i buy a rig,i expect it to be used. That way i don't get disappointed if it is scratched some. Common since goes along ways. I have bought rigs that "i had to spray with raid and put it in trash bag,before i brought it in the house" because the seller was infested with roaches! So if i want to save 200 or 300 bucks and buy "as new" i can live with some scratches.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I agree with you about the display problem ...electronics . But I asked a question, If you made a deal with a online dealer who advertised a radio as being "like new" and you received a filthy scratched up radio instead would you be upset ?
That's all I was asking.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

I think you just answered me before I could ask you....Talk about the speed of light.....
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

Jeez...isn't this thread ever going to die?
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead