suspicious ad for tuner - KI4OJY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k6top

suspicious ad for tuner - KI4OJY

Post by k6top »

A person using the call KI4OJY is selling an MFJ tuner listing #967900.

The person answering email does not match the name FCC data base. They have a throwaway email address (xxxx@hotmail.com). They avoided answering my question about the discrepancy and when pressed gave this answer:

"I have a book keeper and this is her address. Her name is xxxx and she is helping me sell my dads radios. He passes away and he wanted them sold to give his wife the money."

Be careful out there.

K6TOP
NY7Q

BOOKKEEPER

Post by NY7Q »

I HAVE HAD THE EXACT SITUATION IN THE PAST SELLING ITEMS.
PEOPLE DO THINGS ACCORDING TO THEIR PARTICULAR SITUATIONS.
UNLESS SOMETHING COMES UP, I WOULD SAY THIS IS JUMPING THE GUN.
MY BOOKKEEPER DOES A GOOD JOB SELLING ITEMS FOR ME.
CW TODAY, TOMORROW, AND FOREVER.