Buyer Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kc7mg

Buyer Beware

Post by kc7mg »

I purchased an antenna from a company called RADIO WAVZ in Mo. after 10 days I still did not receive the goods. After many attempts by email and phone I kept getting excuses why the antenna wasn't shipped.. On the 13th day I finally got through by phone and asked for a refund since I still did not receive the antenna. A refund order was sent by email to me by RADIO WAVZ but to date I still have not received any refund of $97.00. I filed a complaint with the BBB of Mo. but still cannot get a reply from RADIO WAVZ. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS COMPANY !! i now will have to file a dispute with Mastercard but only after 30 days of not receiving the goods. the owner is non responsive to say the least and please be aware of the possibility that you could be next,,,
w8mjm

Post by w8mjm »

Take a good look at Radio Wavz products at the next hamfest, the quality is poor in short Radio Wavz builds junk
AK4NT

I agree

Post by AK4NT »

Radio wavz is crap in my opinion. Try radio works in va or buckmaster. They both build quality antennas. Rule of thumb for me is look at the insulators on the antenna that tells me the build quality.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Check out antenna makers on E Ham.s site. You will get the opinions of buyers and users of antenna's radios or most ham related goods.
Larry Huff K0pd