W4IMD not to be trusted

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n9vao

W4IMD not to be trusted

Post by n9vao »

This is only about $25 but the point is he can't be trusted to do what he says. Here is how it started.
I had two hand mics for sale here. Peter contacted me and said he will buy them and send out the money the next day. Eight days later nothing came so I contacted him and asked if he sent it. His answer was "oh sorry I forgot and will send it out." When I received the money order I e-mailed him saying it got here and the mics will go out the next day. He then e-mailed me back and asked if I had any Motorola stuff to sell. I sent him that I had and old mobile but no mic,bracket or power cord so make me an offer. He answered back and said how about $25 and I said OK. I said to him I'll trust you to send the money for $25 and pack the radio with the mics. Three days later on a Friday he said he received everything and would send the money order on Monday. Since he forgot to send my money once before I e-mailed him on Tuesday and asked if he sent it. Well thats right he didn't but said he would on Wednesday. Friday of that week I called him on the phone and asked if he sent it on Wednesday. Again his answer was he didn't but will send it out on Monday and if he was not able to he would get somebody to do it for him. Come Tuesday I e-mailed him and again asked and you guessed it, he said he didn't because he was with a sick friend on Tuesday and would send it on Thursday. First off if he was with a sick friend on Tuesday fine but he said he was sending it out the day before, Monday. He still has items listed here he wants to buy and I'm just wondering how can he pay for them when he can't send me just $25.
$25 won't make or break me but its that I trusted a fellow ham and Peter does not do what he says he will do.
I'm hoping that when he sees this he will send the $25 but it should not have come to this.
Again $25 is not that much but for that small amount I thought I could trust a fellow ham.