BEWARE Advanced Communications / Richard Kebutt

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4PIG

BEWARE Advanced Communications / Richard Kebutt

Post by W4PIG »

there are 4 adds on qth number 970417-18-19-20 this guy is suppose to be selling these items for KB6RFI. he has no call sign and prices are low. this same person had a al-1500 on here a couple of weeks ago for $1400.00. right to good to be true someone deleted his add. WATCHOUT I SMELL A RAT !!!! check KB6RFI feedback and you will see what i am talking about 73s
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I can confirm that Justin Depolis (aka Justin De Polis, KB6RFI, KE6EIL) is posting ads again, using the alias of "Richard Kebutt" and "Advanced Communications"

Our forum is full of complaints regarding this individual. I have tried to block him, but he is crafty, utilizing new email addresses and proxy servers to hide himself. Beware.

- Scott KA9FOX
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

He had an FT-736R with three band modules for sale. His price was good, TOO GOOD!. We exchanged emails twice. His emailed answers were what you'd want to hear but vague & evasive.

I was interested but I couldn't get through on the land line, always busy, and couldn't get a decent google on "Advanced Communications". The phone number seemed to be in the LaLa land area, Santa Barbara??

No, I didn't bite. A little too evasive for me.

N9LCD