NS7Z - I do not recommend

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NR9R

NS7Z - I do not recommend

Post by NR9R »

I purchased a Bird 43 wattmeter from Larry Leathers, NS7Z. It arrived on time but it was not in the condition he described. He said he bought it from Bird 7 years ago and never used it. He included pictures of a meter in used but acceptable condition for it's age.

Now as I review the pictures with the meter in hand it is pretty obvious that he positioned the meter at just the right angle to hide the holes that had been drilled into the cabinet, the permanent marker labels, and the hard-wired Radio Shack 9V adapter hanging from the side.

This deception is unfortunate because I still would have made him a decent offer on the meter even if it had been modified.

Although I have contacted the seller and received no response yet, since other negative feedback has recently been posted about this seller that didn't lead to a resolve I decided not to even go through the hassle of trying to return it. I would not recommend buying from NS7Z.

Anthony
NR9R