Beware of George Muellecker W1GRM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Beware of George Muellecker W1GRM

Post by K4TEC »

I purchased an IC-7000 from W1GRM

Paid using PayPal thank goodness

Once I had paid he asked me for an additional $23 for shipping, I paid that as well so I sent him a total of $823.

That was the last I heard from him and my $832

So I got in touch with my PayPal account manager and they got the money back for me.

He never corresponded with them nor me

Here are the details

Listing Number: 960042
Date Ad was Placed: 12/28/11
Name: George Muellecker
Phone Number: 518-857-8236
Callsign: W1GRM
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: Icom IC 7000 $800.00
Ad Message:
Almost new Icom 7000 all boxes, seperation kit included $800.00 firm.

Dear Martyn Allison,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your favor.

We were able to recover $800.00 USD and this amount has been credited to you

So be very wary if you ever have to deal with W1GRM
W1GRM

Re: Beware of George Muellecker W1GRM

Post by W1GRM »

I don't often Google my own name but was selling a radio and asked about this post from Martyn Allison. First of it was not done through PayPal. He sent me a USPS money order for $800.00. He was supposed to pick the radio up here at my house. Then he wants me to ship it for the same money i said no. Days of going back and forth and I finally sent a money order back to him and he did cash it. The text from PayPal is just made up. Martyn called the president of our radio club, big mistake on his part. Many people have had deals go bad with this low life scam artist. BUYER AND SELLER BEWARE!!
w2hp

Post by w2hp »

Hello All. I read this warning about W1GRM. Then I saw who wrote the warning. Martyn Allison, k4tec. The name was quite familiar and I googled his name and at loud bell rang. Radio Mart from Ebay. Google that name and see what others think. I personally have had 2 contacts with Mr Allison. He purchase a Collins 30L1 linear from me. Beautiful, perfect amplifier. I brought the amplifier to a UPS Store to pack and ship. It was double boxed and well suited for shipping. I took the extra insurance on the shippment. After a few days I got a email the amp arrived and the chassis was damaged. Bent on end. After a month going back and fourth the insurance company, UPS??, paid the claim. I never saw the damage. Interesting that a Collins 30L1 winged emblem appeared on Ebay within a week as a perfect amplifier.
My other experience was a national NC-45 old National receiver which had metalic noises when delivered to me by my regular UPS driver. The UPS man told me of the noise and I refused delivery. The receiver was placed in a carton without any padding. The box was a bit tattered but I just refused it. Mr Allison did send a Paypal refund.
Now my reason for commenting is I purchased a large Amplifier from W1GRM who is the other party. Had a succesful transaction without any drama. I drove up to georges QTH about 160 miles away and east of Albany, NY to get the unit. Thanks for reading. Pete w2HP hamming since 1954
W1GRM

Post by W1GRM »

Thank you for the kind words Pete. My dealings with Pete were FLAWLESS! Pete drove up checked the amp out and went home happy!