will never buy,sale or Trade with K9UZZ again BEWARE pic ad

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w6cod

will never buy,sale or Trade with K9UZZ again BEWARE pic ad

Post by w6cod »

I recived the radio and well pack for shipping. open the box took radio out and i was that it was not "a10" like stated in the QTH add as you can see from the qth posting on here. So i hook it up to make sure the radio works. Radio powers on i go to key in a freq and the DTMF on the mic dont work so i start checking to see if the mic lock is on and all that.
So i e-mailed K9UZZ and
"I just seen you said the Microphone does not work I talked on it one day before I put it in the box I think you need to check things out a little The Radio worked perfect the whole time I used it I suggest you check with UPS on the insurance because it was ok when it left here Herbie James" [/quote][/quote] the mic talks just the DTMF and the up down on top dont work. Then i get this "
Herbie hlj814@onlyinternet.net
8:43 AM (2 hours ago)
to me
Well the up and down worked perfect when I shipped it if the ground got the up and down and key pad is gotten broke it wont work put a new plug on it and quit bothering me I am threw.
I was not asking for him to refund all of it just the help out 20 -30 bucks on a DTMF mic that works

"For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:"

Listing Number: 961986
Date Ad was Placed: 01/06/12
Name: Herbert James
Callsign: K9UZZ
Category: RADIOVHF
Heading: For Sale FT-2500M 2Metter
Ad Message:
This Radio has 31 memories, with tone, power,out put is 50/25/5W have ordignial Box, Manual, power cord, mounting bracket, hardware and Touch tone Microphone. this radio is a 10. asking $100.00 firm plus Shipping USA only & Payment Postal money order only. thanks for reading my add 73 Herbie K9UZZ

ImageImageImageImage
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Definitely not a "10". :shock: I scrolled over and saw all the pictures.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
kk9a

What?

Post by kk9a »

K9UZZ wrote:Well the up and down worked perfect when I shipped it if the ground got the up and down and key pad is gotten broke it wont work put a new plug on it and quit bothering me I am threw.
I think he's saying you should fix the radio and he is taking no responsibility? You should return it for a full refund as it is definitely not a 10! Unfortunately there is other bad feedback about K9UZZ.
Last edited by kk9a on Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Wrong mic for this rig as well. Mic should be MH-27 and was notorious for having problems. My guess would be the Mic is not wired correctly.
Steve - KA9MOT
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

KA9MOT wrote:Wrong mic for this rig as well. Mic should be MH-27 and was notorious for having problems. My guess would be the Mic is not wired correctly.
Correction: After doing some research I see that some Yaesu FT-2500 came with the MH-36C Mic.
Steve - KA9MOT
k9uzz

Post by k9uzz »

I have had two of these radios and I have a friend that has one just the newer ones will do that I brought the operators manmual on the computer last evening and read the programing and is says nothing about using the key pad to program, It tells you to use the dial and vfo steps to do it..
My Name is Herbie James
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

k9uzz wrote:I have had two of these radios and I have a friend that has one just the newer ones will do that I brought the operators manmual on the computer last evening and read the programing and is says nothing about using the key pad to program, It tells you to use the dial and vfo steps to do it..
I just had a look at the manual and this is correct. For some odd reason I remember setting up the frequencies using the DTMF pad on the mic, which according to the manual is not possible. I must be thinking of another rig.
Steve - KA9MOT
w6cod

Post by w6cod »

I don't know how else to put it the only thing that works on the Mic is the PTT that's it nothing else works on it! As I have tried to explain to him in the numerous emails that he has obviously not read carefully is that the mic will talk. I am not talking about trying to program the radio with the keypad. Again if he had actually read the emails what I said was that I can not punch in a frequency to the radio using the DTMF pad on the mic. The up and down button on the mic does not work. I am not talking about using the mic to program the radio I am talking about dialing in a frequency. I am able to key in the frequency on all of the radios that I have that have DTMF mics on them. The only thing this mic is good for is to talk on. The keypad is not there for looks. It is supposed to be fully functioning to allow for punching in frequencies on the radio. According to yaesu the MH36C is supposed to work like all other DTMF mics and is supposed to function for dialing in frequencies. According to the owners manual that arrived with the radio for this radio the up and down buttons are supposed to work to change through already programmed frequencies and the up and down buttons on this mic DO NOT WORK. Also nothing else on the mic works but the PTT.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Wow - dueling threads - this is getting confusing! :D

W6COD SAID to K9UZZ - Posted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:32 pm: will never buy,sale or Trade with K9UZZ again BEWARE pic ad

K9UZZ SAID to W6COD - Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am: Be Ware do not sell to W6COD