CHRISTIAN SCAMMER OR BOTH

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
britishham
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

CHRISTIAN SCAMMER OR BOTH

Post by britishham » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:24 am

Is KI6UP a Scammer a Christian or Both, I sent a check for $375 as agreed for items including UPS ship. he said he would send UPS tracking number when check cleared, it cleared on the 21st Nov, he does not answer my phone calls any more, maybe another Christian can contact him on 251 288 9272 and ask for my tracking number. He ends his telephone message with God Bless You and his QRZ page he is giving Thanks to God and ends his page God Bless you So if he is such a God Loving Ham why Doeth he steal. If he as just celebrated a Birthday in his Religion then Jimmy Reynolds should check commandment No 8 Taking money for goods and not supplying them and not returning money IS STEALING. His email is not correct on QRZ or his address but the phone is listed to him in Daphne AL 36526, God Bless You Jimmy Reynolds iii You must have had a good Celebration on the 25th Dec on my $375 Check cashed 21 Nov promised tracking number not received many phone calls from me and after ten days a message on my machine said he had left town and left his mobile phone at home parcel will be shipped next day. Another ten days with me leaving messages. non returned, then a call, his mother in law had died and he was very sorry he forgot to ship promised again to ship next day and provide track number, Now one calender month from cashing of check Registered letter sent 21st Dec requesting return of money Will update as soon as I receive a response from KI6UP Jimmy Reynolds iii Will be obtaining small claims documents this week. Any Ham know the best way to deal with this guy with a small claims court. Forty two years a Ham and this is the first time I meet a bad one. My email and address are correct on QRZ for contact KD4QFT

kg4mlo
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:28 am

Re: CHRISTIAN SCAMMER OR BOTH

Post by kg4mlo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:59 am

Contact Martyn, K4TEC. He deals with this type person on a daily basis and has all the names and phone numbers you will ever need.

Book'm Danno....and............... God bless.

britishham wrote:Is KI6UP a Scammer a Christian or Both, I sent a check for $375 as agreed for items including UPS ship. he said he would send UPS tracking number when check cleared, it cleared on the 21st Nov, he does not answer my phone calls any more, maybe another Christian can contact him on 251 288 9272 and ask for my tracking number. He ends his telephone message with God Bless You and his QRZ page he is giving Thanks to God and ends his page God Bless you So if he is such a God Loving Ham why Doeth he steal. If he as just celebrated a Birthday in his Religion then Jimmy Reynolds should check commandment No 8 Taking money for goods and not supplying them and not returning money IS STEALING. His email is not correct on QRZ or his address but the phone is listed to him in Daphne AL 36526, God Bless You Jimmy Reynolds iii You must have had a good Celebration on the 25th Dec on my $375 Check cashed 21 Nov promised tracking number not received many phone calls from me and after ten days a message on my machine said he had left town and left his mobile phone at home parcel will be shipped next day. Another ten days with me leaving messages. non returned, then a call, his mother in law had died and he was very sorry he forgot to ship promised again to ship next day and provide track number, Now one calender month from cashing of check Registered letter sent 21st Dec requesting return of money Will update as soon as I receive a response from KI6UP Jimmy Reynolds iii Will be obtaining small claims documents this week. Any Ham know the best way to deal with this guy with a small claims court. Forty two years a Ham and this is the first time I meet a bad one. My email and address are correct on QRZ for contact KD4QFT

KA2CDT
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:42 pm
Location: Marco Island,Florida
Contact:

Post by KA2CDT » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I take it this was an ebay deal. Quick look at his feedback tells you that he has a less than stellar record. :?
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
73
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com

W3WN
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by W3WN » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Just because someone claims to be religious, let alone a God-fearing Christian, does not make them so. Less than honest people will often cloak themselves in virtue... it's part of the spiel.

You don't say where you're from. I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not familiar with Small Claims Court in AL, so I think you're best bet would be to contact the police in his home town, file a complaint, and find out from them how to contact the small claims court or equivalent. You may be required to appear in person; again, the court's staff ought to be able to give you that information.

A call to the police is sad, and distasteful. But it may be enough to shake this guy loose... and if he's really dishonest, well, it won't do much good, but it might be enough to get him to resolve the matter before a formal investigtion is launched.

If this sale was conducted via eBay, contact them as well. They may have additional means to resolve the situation, although if you paid him via check (not PayPal) that may be limited.

Good luck, keep us posted.

N9LCD
Posts: 319
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2006 8:32 pm

Post by N9LCD » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:33 pm

Religious / denominational affiliation is one of the LARGEST grounds for fraud.

The attorney in one southern state recently stated that over 50% of the cases of investment-related fraud his office investigates is based on religious or denominational affiliation.

IGNORE ALL THE RELIGIOUS / DENOMINATIONAL TRAPPINGS IN AN AD!

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:44 am

I am staying away from the religious thing, My family is very religious and so I know where not to tread hihi

I gave the thread starter some tips on what I would do, he had already contacted the police so thats a good first step but I have him some other pointers and tools that will really help.

I hope my tips help him out.

britishham
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by britishham » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:47 am

Have emailed all the groups or filled in forms to FCC QRZ Internet Fraud etc etc
Will have to wait see if any replies come in
On a good note I had probably the best up bringing any one could wish for in their parents,
My sister and Mam went to the Sally Army and my Dad went to the Labour club every Sunday.
At the Labour club all my Dad's mates gave me pop and crisps
At the Sally Army no crisp's no pop what a bunch of miserables
Should have stayed with my Dads mates
May your God Bless you Jimmy Reynoldsiii KI6UP
Will update when I get any news
I know what are crisps
Translation into USA available if required

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:27 pm

Good Luck

Can you believe I went to a new Red Lobster last week and ordered fish and chips and guess what,, I got just that, not fish and fries but yes you guessd it, Fish and "Chips"

The cheif was then educated as to what fish and chips actually are, over here fish and fries hihi.

W3WN
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by W3WN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:31 pm

K4TEC wrote:I am staying away from the religious thing, My family is very religious and so I know where not to tread hihi

I gave the thread starter some tips on what I would do, he had already contacted the police so thats a good first step but I have him some other pointers and tools that will really help.

I hope my tips help him out.
Considering the vast amount of experience you must have in this area, in light of the amount of equipment that has passed through your company's hands...

A new thread explaining, in general, some of the steps that should be taken (and should not be taken) when dishonesty & fraud may be involved could be instructive.

And I do mean specifically when fraud (theft, theft by deception, theft by non-delivery, and so forth) is involved, as opposed to misunderstandings, accidents, or circumstances beyond someone's control.

Examples would be of how long to wait before contacting the authorities, what authorities to contact in what circumstances, when to file civil actions, what venues might be appropriate, what information to have ready, what proof of payment and/or delivery might be needed in court... things like that.

Just a thought.

It's something that I personally would love to use as an article in my club newsletter. All too often, people have little rip-offs occure to them, and not knowing how to proceed (if they can proceed), simply shrug and write it off as experience... and the crook continues to the next victim.

What do you think?

W3WN
Posts: 83
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by W3WN » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm

K4TEC wrote:Good Luck

Can you believe I went to a new Red Lobster last week and ordered fish and chips and guess what,, I got just that, not fish and fries but yes you guessd it, Fish and "Chips"

The cheif was then educated as to what fish and chips actually are, over here fish and fries hihi.
Could be worse. Last time I went to Red Lobster, my Shrimp Scampi came looking suspiciously like a fried fish sandwich. And you don't want to know what they served my wife and daughter...

(Manager apologized, our server was mometarily busy and someone decided to "help". We got the right meals, and he comp'd us)

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:51 pm

I thought about it when I was writing it to him and 3 others who contacted me being in the same boat.

I will try to do that soon, My only problem is my time is so short however I will put together a list of actions I would take and post it when I can.

Despite what a small handful may think of me I really am here to help if I can.
73s

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:34 pm

K4TEC wrote:I thought about it when I was writing it to him and 3 others who contacted me being in the same boat.

I will try to do that soon, My only problem is my time is so short however I will put together a list of actions I would take and post it when I can.

Despite what a small handful may think of me I really am here to help if I can.
73s
Funny. Do a Google on Radio Mart and it looks like more than a "small handful". I don't see how the problems of another ham could possibility be of concern to you.

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 pm

That’s Funny Peter, its people like you who have no idea what they are talking about.
You see a lot of what has been written about me has been nothing than unfounded lies and distortions of the truth, now if you chose to believe that then hey be my guest.
I have to question what it is constructive you have tried to make by your posting?
Shure it’s none of my business other people’s problems until I am phoned and emailed and asked if I can help, it is then Peter the time it becomes my business.
However when I receive an email like the one I received today “Martyn
I really do appreciate all of your help on this. You really are first class in my book, because I know you have a business to run as well. That is just me, and how I was raised. Bottom line you are helping me, and you don't even have to, so I am more greatful than you know. “ I feel good and have no problem helping others the best I can.
I am sorry you felt you had to try to make a disruptive comment and I am shure several may follow after my posting but like I mentioned in my original post, I am more than happy to try helping someone when I get some time.
How about you try and do the same Peter?

w7why
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:50 am
Location: Coos Bay, OR

Post by w7why » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:28 pm

AA6ZE said:.

" I don't see how the problems of another ham could possibility be of concern to you."

And this concerns you - how????

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:19 pm

w7why wrote:AA6ZE said:.

" I don't see how the problems of another ham could possibility be of concern to you."

And this concerns you - how????
He just jumped in mouth first, what he didnt know was I was approched and asked what I would do first by phone and then by email.

:D

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:38 pm

w7why wrote:AA6ZE said:.

" I don't see how the problems of another ham could possibility be of concern to you."

And this concerns you - how????
The statement that only a few people have problems with Radiomart was incorrect and that concerns me. The self styling as a helpful ham is not consistent with the previous behavior. It takes more than a few fancy words to convince me otherwise. Just my opinion on a free forum.

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:51 pm

And I respect that this is an open, free speech forum which is why I asked you how it is you feel your comments are being helpful?

I have nothing to prove to you Peter, I don’t know you and you being in CA are unlikely to but you seem to feel that your comments are necessary and meaningful? I am sorry I just don’t see it that way, Maybe you can explain to the others how you have had a problem with me or my company? Not a friend of a friend said this and that but you personally.

It appears you have been misled by yes a minority, if you check my current eBay feedback on just one of my accounts I have over 17,600 positive feedbacks, that’s a lot of radios, so yes I do feel your ill advised and your comments seem to be attempting to mislead others.
That’s my 2 cents worth to you Peter.
73s

hamradman
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:36 am

Post by hamradman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:17 pm

I'm confused, what is this posting about?
KI6UP or Red Lobster or K4TEC?

AA6ZE
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by AA6ZE » Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:56 am

Mislead? I don't think so. Go to E-Ham and read the 30+ pages of posts about you. Then go to a few websites and see how you treated your customers For example here http://www.vr2xmt.com/ebayconradiomart.html Now is this someone you would do business with? And why, after reading that page and others would a reasonable person be inclined too?

So save your condescending drivel for the judge because I don't bye it.

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:43 am

Never seen a judge professionally, never been to court EVER , I wonder why? That’s because the narrow minded morsels who chose to post some irritating drivel have nothing better to do than lie.

Like I said over 17,500 positive feedbacks, a successful business outside of eBay, I guess My Company is really that bad?

This thread is way off topic now and it’s because two of you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about ignoring the 17,500 fully satisfied customers and believing the what is it 16 individuals who have posted 30 pages on eHam and they only post there because I chose to ignore their tripe and not go there, why has there been no action against me or my company ever?

Ask any of them for facts and it’s a different story I found most of them have not even dealt with me yet have a lot to say like Peter above who just assume .

Shure I can’t keep 100% of my customers happy but I shure try to.

So if you have any proof yourself and not hearsay I suggest you mention it here so I can address it.

K9XR
Posts: 416
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:51 pm

C'mon Martyn

Post by K9XR » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:13 am

It seems to me that you tried this "if anyone has had a bad personal experience with me, post it" thing before. I know in my case you told a bunch of lies about me to retaliate and I would assume from my experience that you did the same to many others. But then again, that is not too much different from the way you used to leave retaliatory feedback on eBay to anyone who dared to show you in a bad light.

Just remember, You can fool some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you will never be able to fool all of the people all of the time.

I was totally in favor of giving you a chance to start fresh and was hoping you would be able to change some of your ways. But you coming on this forum and saying that everybody that has complained about you in the past was lying about you is just a big load of crap and you well know it. Why not just try to do the best that you can for NOW and leave the old stuff alone? As I have said before, if YOU leave it alone it WILL DIE, but you can't expect to come on here and say you never did a thing wrong and expect everyone to just sit and take it. As I have stated before there are a few hams with as much feedback as you on eBay annd I know of at least two that have 100% Feedback or very near it.
K4TEC wrote:Never seen a judge professionally, never been to court EVER , I wonder why? That’s because the narrow minded morsels who chose to post some irritating drivel have nothing better to do than lie.

Like I said over 17,500 positive feedbacks, a successful business outside of eBay, I guess My Company is really that bad?

This thread is way off topic now and it’s because two of you don’t have a clue what you’re talking about ignoring the 17,500 fully satisfied customers and believing the what is it 16 individuals who have posted 30 pages on eHam and they only post there because I chose to ignore their tripe and not go there, why has there been no action against me or my company ever?

Ask any of them for facts and it’s a different story I found most of them have not even dealt with me yet have a lot to say like Peter above who just assume .

Shure I can’t keep 100% of my customers happy but I shure try to.

So if you have any proof yourself and not hearsay I suggest you mention it here so I can address it.

User avatar
K4TEC
Posts: 348
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:45 pm
Location: US

Post by K4TEC » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:16 am

Member id radio-mart ( 17593)
Positive Feedback (last 12 months): 99.6%
opps my bad.

britishham
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by britishham » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:55 am

Hi
I have no idea why you guys are beating up K4TEC he as nothing to do with this post OTHER THAN
I contacted him as advised by a fellow Ham at the beginning of this post
Within a few minutes I had a reply from him offering his help and we discussed the options available.
Please take people as they treat you not as others tell you how they have been treated.
I agree with a few emails, was I dealing with the real KI6UP
His adress in QRZ and the FCC I now know are incorrect, all the email adresses he as listed bounce back;
He as a cell phone and a CDL licence listed to the address were I sent the check Ridgewood Drive AL so I am sure I am dealing using the term dealing loosely with the real James Reynolds iii.
So I have listed the info on all Ham site's as said before I am only one side of the story, am I telling the truth, or as jimmy another story to tell you.
I have copies of cashed check signed Jimmy Reynolds
I have receipt of registered letter dated 23rd Dec
I have contacted Daphne Police the Detective informed he would follow up on my info.
I have written to the FCC, Internet fraud IC3, and had a reply from the FCCcopy sent below.

Mr. Reynolds:
The Federal Communications Commission recently received an email from Mr. Wilson indicating that you had received $375 from him in exchange for some radio equipment; but that the equipment had never been sent. Mr. Wilson further alleges that he has tried to contact you numerous times in an attempt to get you to refund his $375 with no success. Finally, Mr. Wilson questions whether this type of behavior has any bearing on your qualifications to remain a Commission licensee.

As a result of this information, the Enforcement Bureau can place a "hold" on any subsequent activities regarding your amateur license until such time as the Commission had made a final determination as to whether or not you have the requisite character qualifications to remain a Commission licensee. Section 1.903(b) of the Commission's rules states that "[t]he holding of an authorization does not create any rights beyond the terms, conditions and period specified in the authorization. Authorizations may be granted upon proper application, provided that the Commission finds that the applicant is qualified in regard to citizenship, character, financial, technical and other criteria, and that they public interest, convenience and necessity will be served."

In sum, an allegation regarding your character qualifications has been raised and the matter is currently under review. In order to avoid having an enforcement “hold” placed upon your license, I suggest you resolve the matter with Mr. Wilson as quickly as possible. Should you have any questions regarding this matter, you can contact me at the number listed below in my signature line.
All this agro Jimmy for $375
Please DO NOT beat up K4TEC he responded to me with help
What you can say how he treated YOU PERSONALLY is not helping Hams dealing with Scammers

lhk0pd
Posts: 715
Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:01 pm
Location: dodge city kansas
Contact:

Post by lhk0pd » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:25 am

Here's my 2 cents worth and it can be taken for what it's worth, but AL Capone did a lot of good deeds also and had many defenders.
Larry Huff K0pd

w8jn
Posts: 620
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:21 pm

.

Post by w8jn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:05 am

delete
Last edited by w8jn on Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply