KJ4NH - False Advertisment

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Foghorn

KJ4NH - False Advertisment

Post by Foghorn »

I have been looking for a Kenwood TS-870SAT for some time now, and a few months ago I came across one here on this server. The dude who was advertizing one is DAVID L JARRETT KJ4NH.
I emailed this fool about his 870, and got a very insulting reply back from him. After some reserch, it seems that this idiot has had this mystical 870 on this server for a long time and everyone who replied got the same insults.
What I would like to know is why does Scott allow this goon to keep advertizing this 870 when he has no intentions of selling it?
The following is a quote from a email I got from this DAVID L JARRETT KJ4NH
"THAT TACK DON'T FLUSH WITH ME ASS HOLE HIT THE PAVEMENT. I DHAVE HAD A GO ROUND WITH YOU BEFORE BOTTOM FEADER. KJ4NH6NINER@AOL.COM". :evil:
Well, Scott? How long will you allow this fool to advertize here?
D. Eagle W6IML
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi D. Eagle,

May I have a copy of what you sent him, that provoked him to reply this way?

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
K6CVC

Dave Jarrett

Post by K6CVC »

I have had similar experiences with this guy. His paranoia is unbielevable. Thinks everyone is out to scam him.
Chuck Costa
K6CVC
Licensed Since 1968 Formerly WN6IVC & WA6EZM
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

I had an e-mail conversation with KJ4NH to let him know that this type of language is not appropriate, no matter what provoked it (D. Eagle never responded to my query for further documentation)

KJ4NH has agreed to take it down a couple notches. Please let me know if you get further abuse like this, as I certainly do not condone it and will do what I can to keep him from using my system if this continues.

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
ad6zu

KJ4NH

Post by ad6zu »

Just to verify the first comment, I too was flamed by this person. He first agreed to buy my 870 and after several exchanges, he wrote a scathing message stating that he has no intentions of buying a used radio that for all he knows has been butchered internally by some hack.

I politely replied "No problem, consider the deal off" and put his name into my memory banks as to someone never to deal with. I think other hams should just remember his name and callsign and steer clear whenever you see his ads.

Sorry Scott, I don't have a copy of the flame which happened in April of 2004, I deleted it before I let my anger do something that I would later regret, but it does give me comfort to know that it wasn't personal. It seems that this is simply how this guy is wired.

Roy
AD6ZU
W8VVE

KJ4NH David L Jarrett is now KJ4DL

Post by W8VVE »

FYI...
According to QRZ....KJ4DL became effective Dec'04. Previous call was KJ4NH.