Beware of W6HFS Donald Pinson Orting Washington

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KC5TJT

Beware of W6HFS Donald Pinson Orting Washington

Post by KC5TJT »

Please be aware the this W6HFS Donald Pinson tried to scam me on a radio deal. I had suspected something was wrong and demanded a place of shipping he was using and called them. The $4000 item had NOT BEEN INSPECTED by the shipper. He had told them it was packed so good it did not need to be looked in to. I informed them as to the shipping companies requirements of shipping high value packages.. The small shipping company did not do that. I insisted the package be opened and packing confirmed the guy agreed to do it.. The item was suppose to be a Yaesu FTdx5000D. The counter guy says.. "What was this he is shipping to you?" I confirmed a " it's a big black radio.. Fairly new and modern looking. It should say Yaesu FTdx5000 on it. ". The guy says " No its grey. Looks like a really old radio. Grey with a old dial not digital ? ". I said " Does it say FT101?" he says " Thats it! ". I have to say.. I've been buying swapping here on QTH a long time. I've never had this happen. Sure you get the foreign guy here and there but never a guy like this. A US Ham.. Licensed... QTH address matches where he wants the $/equipment sent. Gave me 2 phone numbers. Wow he just doesn't care. AT ALL!! I called him. He didn't deni it. He says to me.. "There is nothing you can do about it. " Now at this time he had no idea I had called FedEx and had the shipment turned around. Thank God all it cost me to do this deal is about $50. But I'm telling you this guy has been doing this. The county Sherrifs office where he lives has several complaints and they told me out right they are going after him. The officer I talked to said he was looking at the complaints as I was on the phone with him and they were on it. I asked if they needed my info he said they didn't need anything from me since he didn't actually get to me. He said they had plenty now to go get him. Let's hope he was not BSing me and this guy goes down. This is only one time in 20 years I have had this happen. Yes i might get a radio here and there thats a smoker a little beatup maybe not working exactly right.. But never has a guy try and do this. Watch out for this guy on the other sites.. I think he has been blocked here. But he is out there and does not care. AT ALL!!!!!! Please be careful.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

I may of missed it but how did you pay for the radio?
Last edited by KA2CDT on Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
KC5TJT

Post by KC5TJT »

It was a trade of an amplifier not sure why that matters I am just trying to warn fellow hams of this guy that's a scam artist. Feel free to deal with him.
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

KC5TJT wrote:It was a trade of an amplifier not sure why that matters I am just trying to warn fellow hams of this guy that's a scam artist. Feel free to deal with him.

I thought it was a monetary deal Steve. I was wondering how you got your refund so fast. I am glad you posted and also am happy you beat him at his own game by going the extra distance to confirm what your beliefs were.

Take care,

Ronnie KA2CDT :wink:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
n1amf

Re: Beware of W6HFS Donald Pinson Orting Washington

Post by n1amf »

I just had a trade with Don for my Flex-1000 for his new IC-7000.
I never figured anyone would actually give me a IC-7000 for a flex-1000, let alone a new ICOM Ic-7000. Don sent me a scan of the sales slip and, I called to verify he had bought it and I was told he did buy it from them so, I went through with the deal. Don shipped when he said he would and, sent me the shipping slips from the U.S. postal service. I like doing it this way because if there is something wrong, I would be able to put a stop ship from my post office.
I also opened the two packages just to be sure in front of the postal worker in case there was a issue.

I am glad you went with your gut feeling as I did and, verified what you thought you were getting.
:shock:
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

N1amf are we to assume that Don traded honestly or not. You do not really say if the deal was good or not. maybe i'm a little dense, the reason i'm asking.
Larry Huff K0pd
n1amf

Post by n1amf »

Don delt honestly with me. Everything he said he would do, he did.
My thumbs up was posted on the 9th and, the warning was posted on the 11th.
He e-mailed me that he had sent the Ic-7000 in two boxes, he sent a scan
of the insurance slips and, the tracking number's which were verified.

I can only speak about my deal with Don and, it went fine.

I have the IC-7000 and, he has the flex. I'm just waiting for the parts bag.
n1amf

Post by n1amf »

I just received the parts bag today via U.S. postal service.

I truly wish everyone gets what they bought, traded ect.
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

Deleted by me due to taking further action.
Last edited by AK4NT on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
K4ICL

Next time, please wait and get all the facts first.

Post by K4ICL »

K4TEC:
Well I am not going to go in to great detail YET but I am beginning to feel like I have been scammed by Don Pinson
I am very surprised to have the equipment here and so I guess I must apologize for my earlier ranting’s but in my defense, going by what others have experienced I am really surprised to have the boxes here.
Perhaps it would be better to get all the facts before pulling the trigger on a fellow ham. The he-says-she-says hearsay aren't facts and are not a valid basis to bring a me-too scam accusation to this public forum.

K4ICL
Donndon

Re: Next time, please wait and get all the facts first.

Post by Donndon »

xxx
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Re: great guy w6hfs

Post by KA9FOX »

Donndon wrote:as for my new account, yes since i was not allowed by scott to have an account in my name
Completely false. We do not restrict usage in our Feedback Forum here. It is true that W6HFS is blocked from using our classified ads, but he is not blocked from our Feedback Forum.

- Scott KA9FOX
K4ICL

Huh?

Post by K4ICL »

K4TEC:
I would agree with you to a certain extent but how do you defend the several others mentioned above, now they have been scammed and I am planning to try to help them anyway I can.
I don't "defend" anyone participating in this thread. It is none of my business, just like it is none of your business.

K4ICL
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

Donndon wrote:i have delt with this ham several times and always came out ahead please take the time to see what he does before you trash him :lol:
This post blows away any credibility you may have had.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

KA9FOX wrote:
Donndon wrote:as for my new account, yes since i was not allowed by scott to have an account in my name
Completely false. We do not restrict usage in our Feedback Forum here. It is true that W6HFS is blocked from using our classified ads, but he is not blocked from our Feedback Forum.

- Scott KA9FOX
THEN HOW COME IT WOULD NOT LET ME LOG IN AS W6HFS?
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

KA9FOX wrote:

- Scott KA9FOX
Why could i not log on after you took my account away then?
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I have decided to remove my posts so my words cant get twisted around
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Donndon wrote:[Why could i not log on after you took my account away then?
I never took your account away, for this website, http://chat.qth.com. Absolutely nothing was changed for this web site. The only changes were on the classified ad website at http://swap.qth.com.

- Scott
n1amf

Post by n1amf »

[quote="K4TEC"]So Don here are two new ones to add to the growing list of people you have upset, how about you address them here as well, they would be N1AMF and KA1CDE

Removed the rest of the text.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

K4TEC,
I have no idea why you are useing my name as a upset buyer.
I have posted plus feedback with my dealing's with Don.
I shipped my Flex-1000 to Don and, he shipped his IC-7000 to me.
Don, forgot to include the parts bag and when I sent him a e-mail, he got the parts package right out to me!

As far as the deal Don and I made, it's a A+ I am only speaking for my deal with Don.

Thank you

QTH
http://chat.qth.com/viewtopic.php?t=10708

QRZ
http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php?32 ... nson-W6HFS
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

K4TEC wrote:Sorry my mistake on the call
people in glass houses should not throw stones....
:shock:
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I have decided to delete all of my posts regarding comments made about Don, I dont think it is good for me to publicy go on and on about this matter.
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
AK4NT

It's Time

Post by AK4NT »

Martyn thank you for all of your help. You are a stand up classy guy in my book and have been nothing but fair and honest in my past dealing with you.

As for Don his time is up. Im not going to play his game. Legally i will pursue the avenue of justice to see that it is ultimately served here. If don thinks he can take someones money from an agreed upon purchase and not provide anything he is sorely mistaken and he will find out. I will now let the law handle this and pass over all documemtation to them.

You had your opportunity don and you did not respond to the olive branch in a civil manner. You wanted to have it your way. And now our justice system will have their way.

Good Luck, you are going to need it. If you think you have years to provide refunds or purchased items to people that have paid you money for, you might just have years of quiet time to yourself in a tiny room to rethink that if the law thinks you are wrong.

As for the others out there that are victims of Donald Pinson please feel free to message me with your contact information as we can all band together to pursue action through the justice system.

This will be my last post in this thread until i have something else to update. As for don if you wish to refund MY money I will retract my above posts.

Im sorry that you think that people have wronged you in this thread. However in my case i have stated nothing but the facts. I wonder how you wuld feel you bought something and sent a large sum of money to purchase some radio equipment and you were treated in the same fashion. I dont think you would like that too much. Remember do onto others as you would do on to yourself.
Donndon

Post by Donndon »

I have decided to delete all of my posts regarding comments made about Martyn, I don't think it is good for me to publicly go on and on about this matter.
Last edited by Donndon on Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AK4NT

Post by AK4NT »

If there is anyone else who is having difficulty in dealing with donald pinson of orting washington please send me a message. The list has grown and we are all coordinating efforts. Many things are now in progress
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I have decided to delete all of my posts regarding comments made about Don, I dont think it is good for me to publicy go on and on about this matter.
Last edited by K4TEC on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.