How many forum members does it take.......

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7why

How many forum members does it take.......

Post by w7why »

How many forum members does it take to write about buying a lightbulb?

One to buy the light bulb and to post that the light bulb burned out.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of buying light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been purchased differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of purchasing light bulbs from this buyer.

Eight to say that this buyer is an excellent seller

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about buying lightbulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL (including the incorrect URL).

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated they found on eBay about <subject> and start it all over again!
wb3cez

Light Bulbs!!

Post by wb3cez »

Great post! I almost fell off my chair laughing! Soooo true![/b]
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

I can use a light bulb for a dummy load, then I had an idea, wasn't the brightest ,,,,, on the chandelier, the difference is day and night, you light up my life,

Finally the debate topic of all debates,

No Code Techs :roll:
KK7AZ

RIGHT ON

Post by KK7AZ »

Tom, (w7why) This is with out a doubt the best comment I've ever read on QTH. You nail the whole thing, only neg. posts get replys and from the same unhappy people who need to read their same old dribble over and over, or trying to repair their reputation. If you see from the replys of late it seems the old time fans of the site have faded away. Other Ham sites don't have a forum for misfits, so their all here.......... I really miss the Yellow Sheets. 73's
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

RFC558 wrote:I can use a light bulb for a dummy load, then I had an idea, wasn't the brightest ,,,,, on the chandelier, the difference is day and night, you light up my life,

Finally the debate topic of all debates,

No Code Techs :roll:
This line made me really laugh:

"Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling."
It is so true. So many experts,so little time.

My first dummy load was a 60 watt light bulb. I used it to tune up my Viking 2 transmitter. I once took an RF shock that sent me across the room! Those were the real days of our hobby! :D
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
NM7L

Post by NM7L »

KA2CDT wrote:[My first dummy load was a 60 watt light bulb. I used it to tune up my Viking 2 transmitter. I once took an RF shock that sent me across the room! Those were the real days of our hobby! :D
I see that someone is man enough to admit something like that. Gave me the inspiration to come forward & be recognized as "one of the chosen 'RF-charged' ones".
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
K4EJQ

Post by K4EJQ »

Tom; I'm glad you " shed" some light on this subject. You've "BRIGHTENED MY DAY" !!! THANKS and 73, Bunky, K4EJQ
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Awesome post :)

I wish you could have put the callsigns next to the points of interest hihi

Happy New Year to Yall
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Funniest post in a long time.

Thanks for the chuckle.
K9XR

?????

Post by K9XR »

And who was this transaction with?
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Great post, but....I didn't think you got shocked by RF, I thought it was more like a burn...NO?
donate life
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

W1QJ wrote:Great post, but....I didn't think you got shocked by RF, I thought it was more like a burn...NO?
It was my first ham shack. Twelve years old and I tried to home brew everything including the dummy load. :D I got the shock of my life.
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com