Selling to our neighbor - Canada

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
longtimeham

Selling to our neighbor - Canada

Post by longtimeham »

Just wanted to report that I recently bought a piece of equipment from VE3FMC, Rick, and it went flawlessly. He was very helpful and provided me all the info I needed to decide to buy. The item was shipped quickly and I received it in great condition. Rick was telling me that US hams don't want to sell to Canada . Too bad, I don't know why. Shipping stuff maybe?
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

I'm not sure why either. Shipping a piece of gear to Canada is no different than shipping in the US, except they have to declare the value for customs. This is for the recipient, so the government can collect the taxes and duties when it arrives in Canada.

Too bad, there is a much larger offering of gear in the US than there is here in Canada.

VE3TMT