Responce to my WTB add on QTH.com ROBBERS

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w3ea

Responce to my WTB add on QTH.com ROBBERS

Post by w3ea »

I placed an add on QTH.com digitial/packet WTB " Microkeyer II "
I recived Two responces from hams claiming to be from "G" land.

One was claiming to be Any Clark G0AYZ eamil address g0ayz@hotmail.co.uk he sent a picture and wanted a Wester Union payment.

The other was a guy claiming to be G0VWP Terry Snyner email address ts.g0vwp@gmail.com and also wanted Western Union payment
I went to QRZ/com and checked the call signs out both had different Email address , So I responded to there QRZ email address and you know what.
Both of them responded reconfirming they in fact were not selling a Microkeyer II or responded to my AD in ant way.. and asked I forward this to the SITE

So be Warned the snakes are out there...
K9XR

Re: Responce to my WTB add on QTH.com ROBBERS

Post by K9XR »

Yes the Snakes are out there all the time. It is a good thing that you recognized something was wrong and researched it accordingly. Some guys on here have not been so lucky.

w3ea wrote:I placed an add on QTH.com digitial/packet WTB " Microkeyer II "
I recived Two responces from hams claiming to be from "G" land.

One was claiming to be Any Clark G0AYZ eamil address g0ayz@hotmail.co.uk he sent a picture and wanted a Wester Union payment.

The other was a guy claiming to be G0VWP Terry Snyner email address ts.g0vwp@gmail.com and also wanted Western Union payment
I went to QRZ/com and checked the call signs out both had different Email address , So I responded to there QRZ email address and you know what.
Both of them responded reconfirming they in fact were not selling a Microkeyer II or responded to my AD in ant way.. and asked I forward this to the SITE

So be Warned the snakes are out there...