Larry Voyles W9LDV Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
N0EE

Larry Voyles W9LDV Beware

Post by N0EE »

I bought a TS530S from Larry W9LDV, who described it to be in good condition. It looks great but has poor receive and doesn't load up very well on some bands. I emailed him that and he replied "JOHN IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK JUST LET ME KNOW I WILL SEND YOU A MONEY ORDER AND YOU SHIP IT BACK". I replied that I would like to get my money back, and he replied " SO JOHN I JUST DON,T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BETWEEN HERE AND YOUR PLACE. SO WITH THAT I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." This rig has had blown HV caps, caps on the AF board are are bulging, and when I inject a signal to VC1 on the RF board the receive wakes up. He claims he used it the night before he boxed and shipped, none of those issues happened on the way here. I know buying used equipment is a shot in the dark, but he described it as being in good condition and it is anything but. Be cautious when dealing with Larry Voyles W9LDV.

John N0EE
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Here is the original ad. No where does it say "this rig is deaf and I won't do anything about it when you figure that out". Again, beware of dealing with this blatant liar.
And I got a private email berating me for not posting my name and call along with my "accusation", then the writer babbles on about morse code, CB radio and how I am a moron. Weird.. My name John and my call sign N0EE is plainly at the bottom of my original post. And my name IS John, and my call sign IS N0EE, and Larry Voyles W9LDV plainly ripped me off.

Ad Number: 945360
Date Placed: 10/19/11
Name: LARRY VOYLES
Phone Number: lvservhim@yahoo.com
Callsign: W9LDV
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: KENWOOD TS-530S WITH MIC.
Ad Message: TS-530S KENWOOD RADIO WITH HAND MIC. HAVE BOXES AND MANUAL.
RADIO IS VERY CLEAN NO SCRATCHES OR MARKS.
LOADS UP AS SHOULD 125 WATTS. $300.00 PLUS SHIPPING.
WON,T BE SORRY WITH THIS ONE.
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

Not that you are looking for repair help, my 820 had low output and I used a pipe cleaner and carefully cleaned in between the fins of the VFO Variable Capacitor and I had 125 watts everywhere after that.

I seen he was selling the external VFO also, if you do not have it, is there a jumper on the back?

Good luck
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Larry W9LDV refuses to answer my emails. He lied about the rig being in good shape, probably the reason he refused to accept a PayPal payment, he knew it would come back on him. His QRZ profile says he is a "born Again Christian". Well maybe he should learn what being a Christian means, he doesn't have a clue. Ripping off people doesn't sound very Christian to me. This rig wasn't damaged in shipping, it had issues when he shipped it and he knew it. One irritating thing about this liar is he ended his emails to me with "Have a Nice Day", even the one where he said he isn't going to do anything about it. Rip me off and rub it in my face, then tell me to have a nice day. What a xxxxx Beware of dealing with Larry Voyles W9LDV, 206 Willard Ave, Lincoln, Il 62656. He is a liar and a ripoff. He can't be much of a man, hiding behind the Bible and ripping people off. Don't trust this liar.
RFC558

Re: Larry Voyles W9LDV Beware

Post by RFC558 »

oooops, my bad, I thought you typed 820, wow, I need glasses or adjust the web page font.

John wrote:I bought a TS530S from Larry W9LDV, who described it to be in good condition. It looks great but has poor receive and doesn't load up very well on some bands. I emailed him that and he replied "JOHN IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY BACK JUST LET ME KNOW I WILL SEND YOU A MONEY ORDER AND YOU SHIP IT BACK". I replied that I would like to get my money back, and he replied " SO JOHN I JUST DON,T KNOW WHAT HAPPEND BETWEEN HERE AND YOUR PLACE. SO WITH THAT I WILL NOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT." This rig has had blown HV caps, caps on the AF board are are bulging, and when I inject a signal to VC1 on the RF board the receive wakes up. He claims he used it the night before he boxed and shipped, none of those issues happened on the way here. I know buying used equipment is a shot in the dark, but he described it as being in good condition and it is anything but. Be cautious when dealing with Larry Voyles W9LDV.

John N0EE
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

'530 doesn't have a VFO jumper, thanks for your input all the same.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Larry Voyles W9LDV is a liar and a thief. Deal with him if you want to but you are a moron if you do.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Larry Voyles is a zzzzz and a liar. Deal with him if you want but don't whine when he screws you. Too bad no one warned me about this jackoff. f**k Larry Voyles W9LDV.
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

Hey Mr. Moderator......... Is " acceptable?? Just WHO in the is John anyway?
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

kg4mlo wrote:Hey Mr. Moderator......... Is "xxxxxxx acceptable?? Just WHO in the xxxx is John anyway?
To answer your question:
In the original post, "John" signed N0EE.

FWIW, IMHO, while his original complaint is disconcerting to say the least, his subsquent posts & the veracity within does bring him & his grievance into a less flattering light.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Larry Voyles W9LDV intentionally screwed me on a deal. I don't like it. Maybe you like getting taken by a liar and a thief. That will happen if you deal with W9LDV. If you don't like my posts go pound sand, I don't care. If K4ICL doesn't like my posts, he'll remove them. If he leaves them it doesn't mean he agrees with me. And, if you can read, I plainly posted my name and call in the first post. Nobody whining about RFC558 not posting his name and call and he comments on just about every thread. I am going to forever continue giving that liar and thief W9LDV all the hell I can. If you don't like it, don't read it. So butt out kg4mlo and w3wn. Who the heck are you to judge me? If it wasn't for W9LDV screwing me you wouldn't even know of me. Give him crap, not me. I'm very easy to get along with, until you screw me over, then I am your worst enemy. What is wrong with that? If you think this is bad, you should see the emails I send to W9LDV. But I will tone it down so saints like kg4mlo and w3wn don't get offended. :roll:
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

Saint? Me? Sorry, no.

I'm not from New Orleans, and I don't play football, professional or otherwise.

But with all due respect... if you are offended at people commenting, good bad or otherwise, on your posts here... then you may be on the wrong forum. Or you should have looked to see that commentary, preferably constructive, is the norm.

In other words, IMHO, if you don't want someone to "butt in" then you shouldn't be posting here in the first place. But that's between you and the moderators, I'm just a guest here, I don't run the place.
KS4ED

The truth...

Post by KS4ED »

I have waited 5 days for Scott to reply to my Emails concerning this "John'
sending me an unprovoked and uncalled for QTH Private Message.
This "John" is apparently N0EE.

Early saturday morning of November 5th this "John" sent me a Private
Message 4 times. All it said was, "You need to pull your head out of
your xxx. It must stink up there."

Nothing else, just that. Why and where did that come from??

I have not posted anything on this forum in months nor have I replied
to any posts in months. The last reply I could find concerning a "John"
was back in 2006. I repeat 2006!!

Ask youself. "What provoked that?" and I'll give you the clue.

As those who follow this forum know... if my call sign (KS4ED) is seen
as an "Author" or under "Last Post" the number of "Views" jump.
I believe this "John" attempted early saturday morning to get me
involved in his post calling Larry a liar so that the number of views
would increase rapidly. About the same time he authored this post.

Saturday morning I sent 2 Emails to Scott KA9FOX telling him of the
vulgar unprovoked QTH Private Message this "John" N0EE sent me
4 times. And.. the reason i believe this "John" sent it to me.
Again, I have not posted or replied to this Forum in months.
I also told Scott if I did finally reply to this post I did not want Al Link
to remove my reply.

And for any of you Hams that have any common sense left... "John"
is whining about the performance of TS530! That model was around
when Moses was on the air! Come on! Send that clunker to Al Link.

So Scott, Al Link and whoever... there is the unknown truth of this post

This "John" is no victim.
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

deleted