John N0EE - Good deal!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa8mea

John N0EE - Good deal!

Post by wa8mea »

Got a nice RS HTX-10 for $97 shipped from John. I was looking for a single bander to operate ten meters now that it's open once again.

First contact on the rig was with Germany. Exchanged 10-10 numbers.

Nice rig and as advertised. He actually shipped the unit before the mo arrived at his QTH.

73, Bill - WA8MEA
http://HamRadioFun.com
KD2ADL

Post by KD2ADL »

I’m also completely satisfied after dealing with John, N0EE. After reading the warnings about how to buy – and not to buy – on QTH.com, I was a little nervous at the outset. A deal too good to be true? a working VHF mobile for $68, check. No phone number? check. E-mail at juno.com? check – all of the stuff that the site warns about was there.

But I decided that $68 wasn’t going to make the difference between whether I would eat next week or not, so I sent John the money, and got back a clean, working radio, well-packed and with a tracking number which John e-mailed to me. I guess that the lesson is that you can be too cautious; luckily, it wasn’t needed with N0EE.