W4GOV - Adam Forman

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WD9GMG

W4GOV - Adam Forman

Post by WD9GMG »

I purchased a MFJ 259b from Adam a week ago. I have not received it yet. I have emailed him many times for an update or tracking number. I tried to call him using a DEX number without success. At this point I would beware of his ads on QTH. :roll:
W5YMB

W4GOV (Adam Forman)

Post by W5YMB »

Did you perform a " Search " using his former, previous Call : KA1ZFE

?
WD9GMG

Adam Forman

Post by WD9GMG »

Yes I did - didn't help
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

deleted
Last edited by af6vm on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WD9GMG

Adam Forman - W4GOV

Post by WD9GMG »

Well this evening after several calls to W4GOV's city to reach someone who may know him, I receive an email saying he sent the unit yesterday. Let's see, that's a week after receiving payment for the unit... and many unanswered emails ...

I think any amateur who sells something should send the unit within a day or two after receiving payment .. out of courtesy ... Otherwise - an explanation is due ...
KK4HP

Post by KK4HP »

Well, I'm in the same boat. I purchased a complete station package that he had listed, paid $1100 immediately via Paypal on Oct 2. He emailed me back at the end of the first week, said he was busy with work & OT but he would ship it out FedEx on Sat. 8th. It's 3 days from VA to FL, haven't seen anything yet. It will be two weeks and nothing. Left a message on his cell number but no reply, no response to emails. I vetted his cell number, and did extensive search, and didn't find any reason to believe his call sign was spoofed, didn't find any negative feedback from anyone else. He's been active on the QRZ board with no apparent problems, has a profile there & a web-page. I'd appreciate any addtl info you may have on him contact wise. Not going to call him out as a crook just yet out, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until this weekend. But as of this morning,14th no return call and no return email. I'm not a hard xxx, I understand that things come up, but there is no excuse for not communicating.

Edited for clarity.
WD9GMG

W4GPV

Post by WD9GMG »

It's the weekend and neither KK4HP nor I have received our units. Adam seems not to be willing to provide real information, that is, if he sent the units UPS, FEDEX or USPS with a tracking number.

There are hams in the Wincester, VA area who should be contacting him.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

KK4HP since you payed him with pay pal i would file a complaint with Pay Pal and request he either sends the station or refunds your money. Sounds to me like this person is a player. And WD9GMG the same thing if you paid with pay pal. There is the chance Pay Pal has not transfered the funds to him as in some cases if he has had complaints or is new to Pay Pal they will hold the funds for 21 days. So sounds to me like you all had better get your money back.
Larry Huff K0pd
KK4HP

Post by KK4HP »

I have opened a dispute with Paypal. I hope that he comes through and it's all been a misunderstanding. Every indicator up until now seems to point towards him being a good guy. I've given him every opportunity to save face.

Shame to have to deal with this, after a long absence, I just decided to get back into the hobby and become active again. It doesn't give me much faith in the state of the hobby starting out like this.
w4gov

shipping delays

Post by w4gov »

I am not a crook..especially for petty money. There was an honest delay in shipping these two items to these gentlemen.

Both items have been shipped, pictures of the shipping labels have been emailed to both parties.

If I am guilty of anything, it is poor communication.

I have never stolen anything in my life. Everyone makes honest mistakes, and that is all this was. There is no need to blow this out of proportion.

The delay in shipping from purchase date on one item was 15 days. The other one was delayed 17 days. A long time to wait for items, yes. Criminal behavior, no....

Thanks
Adam
w4gov

Re: W4GPV

Post by w4gov »

WD9GMG wrote:It's the weekend and neither KK4HP nor I have received our units. Adam seems not to be willing to provide real information, that is, if he sent the units UPS, FEDEX or USPS with a tracking number.

There are hams in the Wincester, VA area who should be contacting him.
ok...I am not going to argue this stuff on here, but just to be clear, I was pulled out for travel from work with no notice. I provided the information I had at the time of his emails. He allegedly called me, but I never had any messages from him....regardless, his items have been shipped.

I am not a crook, just had a delay in shipping. It took 15 days for me to get his item in the mail. Is that criminal behavior, no. It is just a delay. A little blown out of proportion.

I paid a reputable company over a month ago for a product and have not heard anything since the purchase. When I finally get a hold of someone there, I am sure I will learn it is not in stock. Of course they will have failed to tell me that it was not in stock, but they still owe me the product. However, will I bad mouth the company, no.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

W4GOV... Granted we all make mistakes but do you not feel it would have been the right thing to do by have sending them E Mails or a Phone call explaining why the delay is happening. In my opinion you were inconsiderate towards your customers, but not a crook just some one that a lot of people will think twice about doing business with.
Larry Huff K0pd
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

deleted
Last edited by af6vm on Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KK4HP

Post by KK4HP »

I spoke with Adam on Saturday. He explained that the nature of his government job often makes him inaccessible for an extended period. Other hams who know him personally in his area said the same thing and vouched for his character. Had I known this up front, we wouldn't be here.

I won't bother with the play by play, I typed it all out then decided against it, no point in it. I will suffice to say that Adam could have communicated better and I was at fault for panicking. No goon squads were sent to look for him but some stern language was used in emails, and steps taken in case things went south.

I was not in a toe tapping hurry, I know it sometimes it takes time to find suitable packing material & boxes, it takes time to drop off the packages to be shipped, family emergencies arise, work obligations etc. All it takes is "hey, I'm not ignoring you, something has come up, I'll keep you posted". Yeah it can be a pita, but it gives someone piece of mind.

I have done tens of thousands of dollars worth of internet transactions in other areas of commerce, this was the first involving ham gear in the ham community. I will say this, I am shocked at the amount of fraud that is reported in the ham community. I've been inactive for 15 or more years and I sure am disappointed in how much has changed in that period. I'm seriously having second thoughts about becoming active again.

As for Adam, I'm satisfied that he is a good guy, and up until this point I couldn't find any reason to think any differently and I didn't want to believe any differently. All of his previous posts and even posts I found on other non ham related boards didn't indicate there were any issues. But with call sign spoofing, and what you read in the feedback forums, it sure doesn't do much for confidence.

I think we both learned something as a result of this issue. I would not hesitate one moment to make future purchases from Adam, especially knowing what I know now. If he's ever in my neck of the woods, I'll extend my hospitality. I wish things hadn't deteriorated to this point but it is what it is and hindsight is 20/20.

--KK4HP
k4kk

Post by k4kk »

KK4HP wrote:I spoke with Adam on Saturday. He explained that the nature of his government job often makes him inaccessible for an extended period. Other hams who know him personally in his area said the same thing and vouched for his character. Had I known this up front, we wouldn't be here.

I won't bother with the play by play, I typed it all out then decided against it, no point in it. I will suffice to say that Adam could have communicated better and I was at fault for panicking. No goon squads were sent to look for him but some stern language was used in emails, and steps taken in case things went south.

I was not in a toe tapping hurry, I know it sometimes it takes time to find suitable packing material & boxes, it takes time to drop off the packages to be shipped, family emergencies arise, work obligations etc. All it takes is "hey, I'm not ignoring you, something has come up, I'll keep you posted". Yeah it can be a pita, but it gives someone piece of mind.

I have done tens of thousands of dollars worth of internet transactions in other areas of commerce, this was the first involving ham gear in the ham community. I will say this, I am shocked at the amount of fraud that is reported in the ham community. I've been inactive for 15 or more years and I sure am disappointed in how much has changed in that period. I'm seriously having second thoughts about becoming active again.

As for Adam, I'm satisfied that he is a good guy, and up until this point I couldn't find any reason to think any differently and I didn't want to believe any differently. All of his previous posts and even posts I found on other non ham related boards didn't indicate there were any issues. But with call sign spoofing, and what you read in the feedback forums, it sure doesn't do much for confidence.

I think we both learned something as a result of this issue. I would not hesitate one moment to make future purchases from Adam, especially knowing what I know now. If he's ever in my neck of the woods, I'll extend my hospitality. I wish things hadn't deteriorated to this point but it is what it is and hindsight is 20/20.

--KK4HP
Every thing in this thread but that post should be deleted.
WD9GMG

Post by WD9GMG »

I finally received my unit today in fine shape. While I would not question anyone's motives - I would suggest, like others have, to keep communication lines up to date. Issue closed!
KK4HP

Post by KK4HP »

Likewise my purchase arrived today, a day ahead of schedule. Well packaged and as described in the ad. Have exchanged several emails since, always promptly answered. As stated, I have no reservations about doing future business with Adam.
WW0JD

Adam and customers...

Post by WW0JD »

OK, group hug.
Best Regards -Kevin WWØJD