Scam Response-ei8fc-James Ryan

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KA2CDT

Scam Response-ei8fc-James Ryan

Post by KA2CDT »

Here we go again. Another hijacked scam email.Beware and stay away! Info as follows:

> The response is from:
>
> Name: James
> Callsign: EI8FC
> E-mail: ei8fc@yahoo.ie
>
> The response is:
>
> Let me know if you still need the Hygain AV-640 antenna.
>
> ei8fc@yahoo.ie

Hi Ronnie,

I have for sale the Hy-Gain AV-640 antenna in excellent shape and condition. Asking $220 shipped.

73s, James.
ei8fc.

Currently I prefer payment via Western union or Money gram as there is an outlet closer to the UPS office here. I can confirm payment and ship immediately as well. Let me know and also email me your complete shipping address.

73s, James.
ei8fc.
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Not trying to sound disresectful of overseas buyers or sellers but in my experiance to be safe just stay away from them on forums as I see nothing but bad news, that is my policy here.
Best 73s
Radio-Mart
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

I did get scammed by this gentleman to the tune of $492 on a radio that apparently is in pictures only. I am currently in contact with Ireland radio club and all information passed along to the real EI8FC. Hopefully he can get some resultson his end to at least halt the usage of his identity. Even the website for shipping is a total fabrication apparently. AA8PP Bob
dispatchbob

Post by dispatchbob »

Just passing along that uk-delivery.com is a fake shipping company complete with tracking number following, etc. You may want to look at it just to see how clever these scammers really are. 73 Bob
KA2CDT

Post by KA2CDT »

Thanks Bob! That is very helpful. :D
Oldschool-Hams Helping Hams
Ronald G. DeAngelis KA2CDT
Marco Island,Florida 34145
25.95°N 81.72°W
www.KA2CDT.com
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Tge several offers from the UK I have had have involved several fake companies, courriers or shippers.
In the UK there is only one company they would use and that would be Parcel force or the post office (both the same) but Parcel force handles larger packages.
Like I mentioned above I dont think it is worth the risk
Best 73s