So many scams and crooks on the internet ...

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n5wrx

So many scams and crooks on the internet ...

Post by n5wrx »

With so many scammers on the internet today it is a wonder anyone would risk their money buying something sight unseen from a voice on the telephone.

Paypal helps provide some protection but you are still out the time it takes to recover the money.
Anyone that says "send it as a gift" kills the deal with me.
Just another scam that strips away all the Paypal protection.

To bad things are this way ... AND ... it will only get worse as our economy tanks.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Not trying to sound disresectful of overseas buyers or sellers but in my experiance to be safe just stay away from them on forums as I see nothing but bad news, that is my policy here.
Best 73s
Radio-Mart
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

K4TEC wrote:Not trying to sound disresectful of overseas buyers or sellers but in my experiance to be safe just stay away from them on forums as I see nothing but bad news, that is my policy here.
Best 73s
Radio-Mart

Are you the same "Radio-Mart" I see so many complaints about?
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

n5wrx wrote:
K4TEC wrote:Not trying to sound disresectful of overseas buyers or sellers but in my experiance to be safe just stay away from them on forums as I see nothing but bad news, that is my policy here.
Best 73s
Radio-Mart

Are you the same "Radio-Mart" I see so many complaints about?
Yes, he is.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I am the Radio-mart who has over 17,000 positive feedbacks and a few complaints like any business

No other ham radio company on eBay has that volume of positive feedbacks and of course with that comes some complaints, none that have not already been addressed.

If you know of anyone who has a complaint against me please let them get in touch with me so I can offer a resolution.

This post was not started as a knocking posy or is it going to turn in to one again?

W3WN do you have any comments against me?
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

K4TEC wrote:I am the Radio-mart who has over 17,000 positive feedbacks and a few complaints like any business

No other ham radio company on eBay has that volume of positive feedbacks and of course with that comes some complaints, none that have not already been addressed.

If you know of anyone who has a complaint against me please let them get in touch with me so I can offer a resolution.

This post was not started as a knocking posy or is it going to turn in to one again?

W3WN do you have any comments against me?
Martyn: The simple question was asked if you were the same person that there had been complaints about. The simple answer is "yes." That does not address whether or not there is any validity in any of those complaints; it simply answers the question.

Surely you're not going to get on MY case for answering a simple question...
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Nope I am good :)

Best 73s
ka4dpo

Post by ka4dpo »

Sell any Mint Condition (rusted out) Collins stuff lately?