W6QIZ HAS NOT SHIPPED MY RADIO

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
rodegear

W6QIZ HAS NOT SHIPPED MY RADIO

Post by rodegear »

W6QIZ has not shipped a radio to me, purchased through an ad here on QTH. He received my USPS Money Order. It has been over 4 weeks. He has answered none of my emails concerning a tracking number and has not provided a shipper's name. I suspect I have been scammed. Please be careful in your dealings with W6QIZ.
Respectfully submitted,
Rodger K1HH
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Rodger, it is hard to get any law agancy to help you. Usually you can google someone and find out things that may help you out. There is little on this guy except that he does belong to this group http://aresav.org/ You may want to contact this group and talk to someone in charge and explain the situation. If you can convince someone there they may have a person of questionable integrity they may confront them about your issue. I know it is a long shot but sometimes other hams will help you out in such a way. Its worth a try since he will not contact you and discuss the issue. There are some folks on here who claim they get help from local authourities but I'm not 100% sure about it.
donate life
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Did you verify that the info given matches with his FCC info on QRZ. There is a lot of people using other peoples call signs to scam with.
Larry Huff K0pd