Watch out for EA7FZV, Some one posing as him

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Watch out for EA7FZV, Some one posing as him

Post by K4TEC »

Usual overseas scam, unreal prices, only accepts Western Union, some times a taken over payPal account.

Just be careful of overseas offers they are usually not authentic.

I received an email today from this scammer,, wow if only that deal exhisted I would be super happy.

Just a heads up to my friends here.
F5TLF

EA7FZV

Post by F5TLF »

Hello Dear OM
I paid to "EA7FZV EMILIO PEREZ" € 195 for an antenna CUSHCRAFT R7, normally this OM lives in Spain and I do not understand why he uses the services of "AKWASHIP COMPANY"
This company sent me the following message:

"Hello Sir Christian Barbe,
Hope you are doing fine .. I am the delivery agent Daniel Moores That Will Deliver your package ... I am stock in UK .. I am HAVING problem with the British Custom Office .. I Have Been Told to Pay for Tax and Security papers Before Moving into France ... I ask 'em why? I Have Been Told That this policy WAS your place by British Government, that' this papers are very important for safety delivery and when i ask 'em How Much Will it cost .. I WAS Told That It Will cost 300Gbps papers for this ... I have Been Giving a mandate to secure the papers Immediately, That Was Why I contacted you, Because i have your email on the package and complete your information .. I Have try to contact EMILIO PEREZ, But not responding to my mail, That Was Why I contacted you to solve it out .. I secure hotel nearby a year to send you this email .. Please you Have to act fast on this matter so that i get the Canon papers Immediately move Into your country and first thing tomorrow morning .. OK.Your urgently needed feedback IS immeidately
thanks "
I do not know what to think!
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

F5TLF it is nothing more than part of the scam. If you send them money you will be out that money also. This has been tried before and those who have done it are now that much poorer.
Larry Huff K0pd
kg4mlo

Post by kg4mlo »

I can't for the life of me figure out how you guys are so good at spotting these scams so quickly. What do you look for. I would think this was all legit. How easily I could be separated from my money if it weren't for watchdogs like you all. Thank you so much.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

kg4mlo wrote:I can't for the life of me figure out how you guys are so good at spotting these scams so quickly. What do you look for. I would think this was all legit. How easily I could be separated from my money if it weren't for watchdogs like you all. Thank you so much.
For all overseas transactions only pay by a protected method like PayPal using a credit card and never Western Union.

In reality due to many exchange rates it is not really echonomical buying from overseas.