"someone using N4OND call to scam"

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KB3RPE

"someone using N4OND call to scam"

Post by KB3RPE »

I posted a "want" & quickly , almost too quick 2 reply's.
The first didn't have the exact radio i was looking for, the alarm went off on the second one. wanting WU Money transfer (Western Union for those like me who scratched his head til I decoded what WU was, long day?)

So no more "want" postings for me....

The topic is a quote from another web & here's an excerpt from one of the posters.....

"I'm glad I read this same happened to me and Now will not buy via western union or money gram.
All they need is the number of the western union to pick up the money.
and they are gone."......

Ouch, until "His" last email made me search the call, his grammar just wasn't "right"....

Oh well i asked for his phone number in reply to his WU request, we'll see....if legit it will match the one I found on the WWW......????
:x
KB3RPE

News Flash

Post by KB3RPE »

So I asked for "his" phone # & guess what ...he's not responded at all....

Hmmm, must not have phones where "he" lives, I'll probably see a carrier Pigeon show up real soon with the Rig....I betcha' ....& the economy's great too...
W0AKG

Possible Scam- N4OND

Post by W0AKG »

I posted a want on QRZ and this is what I received.
Martin,

I have for sale a serious 1.2KW PEP Linear Amplifier in pristine condition. In full working order with 2 new 3-500Z valves from RF Parts in the USA, and used for under 10 hours since the new valves.It is very heavy, but with excellent carry handles. Reason for sale: Already have 2 other linears, so not used much !!

Price is $675.00 shipped to your QTH..Whats your complete shipping address??It would be needed to work out shipment...My preferred mode of payment is via Western Union or Money Gram Transfer..

Thanks and 73s de N4OND.

He insits it's not a scam and sent a phone number that was disconnected. He wanted the money sent to his Daughter in Ca.?? He later sent another Email with a phone number and he did answer the phone but could hardly hear him.

But you know its not true..You just reached me on the phone..So what you have to say???

Angela is my wife with a little daughter and monies meant for her daughter's upkeep and thats why i made that mistake of calling her my daughter..

Guessed i've cleared this previously..
It would be better you just come out and say you are no longer interested in this deal other than tryna pull my name in the dirt..

The posts you saw has been cleared and yeah someone was using my Call Sign previosly and then i cleared everything up and moved on..

I gave a number and you reached me on it so,what you want me to do again??

Let me know if you wish to proceed or call it quit.

I'll call it Quit.????
N8ERM

N4OND.BOGUS CALL SIGN

Post by N8ERM »

Not on the FCC ( now posted, how did that happen?) site, avoid dealing with N4OND.inless you are completly sure of who you are dealing with
Last edited by N8ERM on Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

N4OND is on the QRZ site showing a good call and a picture of him.
Larry Huff K0pd
KB3RPE

Re: N4OND.BOGUS CALL SIGN

Post by KB3RPE »

N8ERM wrote:Not on the FCC site, avoid dealing with N4OND.

Not defending the call sign "Hijacker", N4OND is listed on the FCC ULS search site & as his QRZ bio states is General Class. His Bio is actually short & sweat, with no deficit in the English language or grammar errors like the Hijacker....

The emails W0AKG & I received couldn't be written by the same person that posted bio on QRZ, the email idiosyncrasies tip you off "2 new 3-500Z valves from RF Parts in the USA" quoted from W0AKG email. Who in there "right" mind uses valves in this country to refer to Tubes & telling us RF Parts is in the USA, kinda redundant eh? Those red-flags alone should make anyone block an email of this nature........

OK, before an "old-timer" chastises me for the Valve remark, I'm sure we all know they are the slang for tubes, I've heard Aussies, Kiwis & Brits refer to them regularly that way, but rarely anyone else...

So "Buyer Beware" still applies.....watch for improper use of language, redundant references, vague implications, etc etc & so on.then RUN LIKE HELL or lose your money..

And by all that's holy "Don't you eat the yellow snow"...Hi Hi... :idea:
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

KB3RPE wrote:Who in there "right" mind uses valves in this country to refer to Tubes...
I can think of one Brit who happens to be very "active" in this forum. :lol:
KB3RPE

Post by KB3RPE »

W4LTD wrote:
KB3RPE wrote:Who in there "right" mind uses valves in this country to refer to Tubes...
Yep, that's why I said.... " I'm sure we all know they are the slang for tubes, I've heard Aussies, Kiwis & Brits refer to them regularly that way, but rarely anyone else... " :wink: :lol:
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

W4LTD wrote:
If you mean me,, expat now citizen etc,,,
Tubes, Valves what ever,,
here is a copy of an email sent from said scammer that I received today
"I have a Complete, like-new-condition, VL-1000 Yaesu Quadra System. Complete and Original.. Easily, less than 100 hours of use. Complete and original. Manuals, cables, extra fittings, and original factory boxes.
Works well on all bands with a max output, about 1200 Watts (lower on 50 MHz) Checked it tonight with 1145 peak SSB Watts out. Built in tuner (3:1 range) Presently connected to an Elecraft K3. Elecraft K3 to Quadra cable (home brew), power supply power cable, power supply control cable and main power input cable included.
If you need a FT-450, FT-950, FT-2000, or other cable (if available) instead, I will order it through HRO and have it shipped directly. Operating manuals included and Presently wired for 120 Volt service.

US$1650 shipped and i accept Bank Transfer .Your complete shipping address would be needed to work out shipment if you wish to proceed with the purchase.

73s de N4OND
" then later he sent me a fake phone # to a property management team down in Florida.

His name appears to be Andy Berrey, his IP address shows overseas.

See the huff is still busy :) 73s
KB3RPE

N4OND

Post by KB3RPE »

I emailed the "real" Samuel A. Berrey, from the email address posted on the ZED about the hijacker, no response.

I'd think just about anyone "sane" would want to know their "good name" was being sullied by a scammer & maybe eventually open them up to a fraud case?

Makes ya wonder, maybe they're in cahoots???

& just to set the record straight, i like Aussies, Kiwis & Brits.... :wink: