EA2AU responding to wanted ad's

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

EA2AU responding to wanted ad's

Post by K4TEC »

This is just a heads up for Members of the QTH community to help you not get scammed.

This is the usual overses scam,, EA2AU responds to a listing for something wanted claiming to have the items wanted at a very low price shipped.

The email address he is using is fg1737@gmail.com

Coming from i.p address 174.140.169.143

Just use your head.

Best 73s
W3WN

Re: EA2AU responding to wanted ad's

Post by W3WN »

K4TEC wrote:This is just a heads up for Members of the QTH community to help you not get scammed.

This is the usual overses scam,, EA2AU responds to a listing for something wanted claiming to have the items wanted at a very low price shipped.

The email address he is using is fg1737@gmail.com

Coming from i.p address 174.140.169.143

Just use your head.

Best 73s
Are you sure that this is the real EA2AU, and not some scammer that's spoofing his call as part of the scam?
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Thats my point !!!

It is a scammer pretending to be EA2AU

all I am doing is alerting the buying Ham community of this action.

73s
kg4rmd

ea2au Imposter

Post by kg4rmd »

Yes the ea2au Imposter is on the Prowl ,Be Careful !! Tried to burn me also.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

I am pleased to see this link has so many people looking at it and hope they all pay attention, if I am able to stop even one person from being scammed i am happy.

73s
W3WN

Post by W3WN »

K4TEC wrote:Thats my point !!!

It is a scammer pretending to be EA2AU

all I am doing is alerting the buying Ham community of this action.

73s
I figured as much, but it wasn't clear from the original post.

May I kindly suggest to anyone making a post of this sort in the future, that they clearly indicate if the issue is with the actual amateur, or with a scammer (known or suspected) who has hijacked an email address and is using the amateur's identity as a smoke screen?

I know I'd be upset if there were an implication that I'd pulled a stunt like this when it was someone pretending to be me!
kg4rmd

ea2au Hijacked Call !

Post by kg4rmd »

I tried to contact the ham who's call has been hijacked,I spent a couple of hours to track his email which he has 2 that were no good,I tried even to get his phone number to no avail,So its not like there was no effort involved to alert this fellow that someone is trying to S T E A L from others using his call Sign,I thought it best to put out a alert first ,Only because this scammer is GOOD at what he is doing !! Jay,
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Sadly Jay there is such an easy way for the crook to do this, I am not going in to any detail as being on the receiving end more than once I became wise to the ways,, well mostly

Bottom line is we all have to use common sense and be careful.