Bad experience VE3NGW

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k9kxq

Bad experience VE3NGW

Post by k9kxq »

Purchased a Nye Viking from VE3NGW Chris in Ft Lauderdale, received the tuner and it was not as represented in the add, seems Chris was selling for a widow of a silent key he knew, the tuner was grabbing every turn due to a worn out bushing, we had several emails back and forth over the problem,couldn't get a re fund but he did send me parts and in those parts were not what I needed... Still looking for bushings and a flat copper spring that inserts in the back of the shaft on the inductor for a newer Nye...

I paid $400.00 for this tuner, it should have been like new and not worn out, I should have never had to do the fix on an item that was misrepresented in the first place...
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
K4ICL

Why...

Post by K4ICL »

I paid $400.00 for this tuner, it should have been like new and not worn out, I should have never had to do the fix on an item that was misrepresented in the first place...
Why did you put up with the sellers bad behavior? Why did you revert to repairing it? You said you couldn't get a refund. Why not? You did not receive what you paid for, so a refund was in order.

The seller is obligated to deliver the item described in his ad. If not, he is obligated to refund your payment and receive the item back from you after you receive the refund.

Anything short of this, raises questions which seem to need some explaining.

K4ICL