K0WVL - I'll Not Deal with Again

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WB5HAK

K0WVL - I'll Not Deal with Again

Post by WB5HAK »

Without the gory details, I replied to his post on 9/15, sent a check for the item as requested that day, then saw evidence that he had broken the item and was looking for a manual to fix it. I emailed, no response. Never another email response, but the item is back for sale today. I stopped pay on the check, so he can deal with that, but thought others should know about his poor dealings. There may be a reason for all this, but one simple email would have cleared it. The fee I'm out for stop pay is a lesson for me to avoid this guy, look up my feedback then decide for yourself.
Don, WB5HAK
wa8mea

Thanks

Post by wa8mea »

Thanks for the heads up.

I just attempted to buy a homebrew xmtr from this guy. Something didn't feel right. He replied in short spurts. Never seemed to concentrate on how or where to get the money to him.

So I came here. I noted your post as of this past MONDAY! Thanks for the heads up!

He sent me an e-mail stating that the mix-up was because of two people who had close names: Cunningham and Cummings. He said he got both checks the same day. Well then why weren't YOU contacted????

The whole e-mail didn't make sense and then he told me the xmtr I inquired about was already sold....after telling me just an e-mail prior that he still had it and could accept a check or m.o. (But he gave no name, address, callsign, etc.)

Hmmmmmm....

73, Bill
N0ISV

Thanks for the UPDATE!

Post by N0ISV »

Its SAD other Hams have to treat Ham's this way?

Will watch out for this guy!
Wayne-N0ISV
N8SPB

Re: K0WVL - I'll Not Deal with Again

Post by N8SPB »

Ditto all the above, He advertised, I agreed, then sent a check priority with tracking, he renigged, unrenigged, renigged again (I think he got a better deal offer elsewhere so jacked me around.) I'm out @$6 postage and cancelled check fees, He needs to be barred from trading on line. DON'T waste your time with this guy !