Cynthia Brickner ki6rfr@yahoo.com BEWARE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Cynthia Brickner ki6rfr@yahoo.com BEWARE

Post by K4TEC »

I was contacted by some one today claiming to be Cynthia
I know it was not her and the crook wanted western Union, the email responces were in the middle ov the night showing the person to probibally be overseas.
The account name used was ki6rfr@yahoo.com
Beware when dealing with this person and ask for a phone # you can trace to prove authenticity.

Just a heads up to keep the forum safe :!: :!: :!:
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Ran a FCC "Advanced License Search" on KI6RFR. It is Cynthia Brickner's call. She's a Technician out of California City, California.

N9LCD
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Yes a technician class with 3 high end HF rigs, saw her house on Google Earth and when I asked her questions about her location and phone # etc she dissapeared.
I am posting this only as a warning to be careful and to help the ham community.
73s
K4ICL

Question...

Post by K4ICL »

Have you contacted the REAL KI6RFR to verify it was not her who contacted you earlier?

K4ICL
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Yes I have before I posted here, I would not want to warn some one of an innocent action nor jump to any assumptions.

73s