w5grg sold a kenwood ts-680 for $375.00 received.

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7gg

w5grg sold a kenwood ts-680 for $375.00 received.

Post by w7gg »

as i picked up at post office it was well packed, no ishues, opened up and discovered dc-cord cut off to 4" no fuse's, bezzel had paint wore off and tape still on it, top scratched up bad, works ok, in his add said comes with manual, well it was on cd only, not listed? radio is terrable looking. you would think if he is selling a estate sale he would list physical cx? he said he tryed radio worked ok, .buyer beware get photos first..tnx[list][/list]
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

Yea, his ad is a little misleading when it comes to the manual. Unfortunately, he does avoid any physical description, etc. It is a shame that we must ask all the "right questions" for some listings.

RADIOHF - FS- Kenwood TS-680 + TM-241
Listing #932796 by W5GRG,AFA6GG
Last Edited on 09/04/11
Submitted on 08/22/11
Web Site: http://www.w5grg.net

From a SK estate , opened up for MARS operation. I have used it and it seems to work ok and put out full power but I have not done any specific testing. Have manuals and microphone $375. firm FOB shipping from 78013
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Did you ask about the physical condition? Did you ask for a photo? While he doesn't state it is in rough shape, he doesn't state it is mint. You should have asked the questions.
KE3W

Post by KE3W »

VE3TMT wrote:Did you ask about the physical condition? Did you ask for a photo? While he doesn't state it is in rough shape, he doesn't state it is mint. You should have asked the questions.
BINGO! That is the problem. Why do we have to ask thirty questions? If the seller knows their are "problems" - why would he (or she) avoid to mention that actual condition? Personally, when I post an item for sale - I mention all pro/con on the unit so I could avoid this very type of thread. It isn't rocket science.