Does Anyone know K0WLU?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Dan Cox

Does Anyone know K0WLU?

Post by Dan Cox »

A few weeks ago I sent a money order to Bill Mitchell (K0WLU) for a radio. Cannot get any response to emails and so far no radio. Have tried to find a phone number in Mn. "White pages" without success.
Does anyone know this person and how I might contact him?
The letter was sent with delivery confirmation and the money order has been cashed.
Thanks for any response.
Dan K8WOZ
K2DC

Post by K2DC »

Dan,

I found this on an online white page site:

Bill Mitchell
360 Church St.
Kenneth, MN 56147
507-283-4353

GL &73,

Don, K2DC

Post by KE3W »

I searched the net and it is kind of ironic. Hopefully, he is just having e-mail problems...

K0WLU complaining about a ham that ...cashed my check and ran... and ....email came back to me......

Now, I thought I was recently "scammed" by a Ham and it ended up being an e-mail problem with his account. Once we got past the e-mail problem - he made everything right...
Dan Cox

Re: Does Anyone know K0WLU?

Post by Dan Cox »

Dan Cox wrote:A few weeks ago I sent a money order to Bill Mitchell (K0WLU) for a radio. Cannot get any response to emails and so far no radio. Have tried to find a phone number in Mn. "White pages" without success.
Does anyone know this person and how I might contact him?
The letter was sent with delivery confirmation and the money order has been cashed.
Thanks for any response.
Dan K8WOZ
Thought I had responded to this note a while back but in case it never went in, I have received the radio from K0WL:U and it was as represented. Apparently Bill had been on vacation for a while and had no means to reply or ship.
Thanks for following through Bill.
Dan K8WOZ