HamEstate issues..RESOLVED

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KR4MT

HamEstate issues..RESOLVED

Post by KR4MT » Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:44 pm

I purchased a flex 6500 from them that turned out to be different than advertised and they refuse to make things right with it.

The description clearly stated the radio had been updated to the latest firmware and they even posted pictures of the radio being updated. The site advises to look pictures and descriptions over carefully before purchasing , I scrutinized the listing and photos carefully, they did not send what they had clearly advertised.

The radio would not function with the upgrade. I submitted a ticket to flex and found out I needed to pay for a license before the radio would work with the upgraded firmware. I contacted Hamestate and was told it had been upgraded using his call sign is why it wouldn't work for me. Flex informed me the license is programmed into the firmware and no matter which callsign was used to upgrade it, the license stays with the radio, not the call sign.

I had to pay $199 for the license and was assured it was never licensed nor had a license been purchased. Ham Estate clearly lied about the upgrade. They refuse to reimburse for fixing the issue even after they clearly advertised it as being updated and provided pictures of it supposedly being updated.

BE CAUTIOUS DEALING WITH THEM I have found other items that were clearly not as advertised and pointed these out to them as well and they had to correct them. I've given them plenty of opportunity to correct this and their only offer is to return it for a refund after I have already paid to fix it.
Last edited by KR4MT on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NJ0F

Re: HamEstate issues

Post by NJ0F » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:22 pm

I am the founding member of HamEstate. I took this estate transceiver to test it. It would boot up and asked for an upgrade which I did. It upgraded and I took a picture that it did. After the upgrade the transceiver rebooted and turned on. I did not have to pay anything. I need to mention I do own other Flex transceivers with the latest upgrade. Not sure if that had something to do with it.

This guy sent several nasty Emails to my admin person (which I will post if need be) about us dragging our feet since the radio did not went of on Monday, but Tuesday and going off on her that she ruined his Thanksgiving. Shipping was free so he did not pay a penny for it.

I apologized for this and offered him a FULL refund including the fee he paid to Flex PLUS free return shipping as we already sent payment to the SK estate and I would just keep the radio. He would not be out of a single penny. He refused to take my offer stating he likes the radio.

Not sure what he wants but given his rudeness to my staff I hope he never buys from us again.

73 and Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Andre, NJ0F
HamEstate LLC

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:11 am

More lies from you Andre. the Flex 6000 series does not prompt you for an upgrade. The user initiates the upgrade with no reminders or prompts from flex or the radio. Only after you upgrade it will it prompt you for anything and that is for the purchase of the license. You can't even test the radio or log into it until the license is purchased. Everything you have posted is easily proven false. What other lies can you come up with?

Own up to your advertisement! You know for a fact you advertised it as upgraded, you know for a fact you posted pictures of your so called upgrade, you know for a fact you were wrong about your description and you know for a fact i was out $199 for something you claimed was included in the sale to get it operational.
Anybody would be upset at the way you have treated me if it happened to them. You are a dishonest swindler and you owe me for your screw up. Be a grown up and take responsibility for your actions instead of lying and screwing people out of their hard earned money.

I don't care if you pay for the license or not. All I care about now is exposing you for the liar you are and making the ham community aware of sellers like you.
Last edited by KR4MT on Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

NJOF

Post by NJOF » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:59 am

Tim,

Let's be clear: I owe you nothing. You are an opportunist and a rude one at it. Looking at previous qth.com feedback forum issues you had with others where you took a ham's money for a Flex 6500, cashed his check and then vanished until he put enough pressure on you to come back with a sob story more than a month ago about a divorce and other hogwash it's clear to me your are an opportunist.
One last offer to you: Send the radio back to us for a full refund as I stated above.
If you did not send your arrogant demands this morning, I would have probably sent you the $200 out of my own pocket. I am rather going to donate $200 to a good cause than sending it to you.
Let us know if you want to return the radio or keep on ranting as much as you want but be assured, I will not refund you a penny until the radio is sent back to me.

I quote your post "Anybody would be upset at the way you have treated me " Are you kidding me? We are the ones who should be upset by the way you treated my staff with you rudeness. If you were a nicer person none of this was necessary but you were a complete jerk

We do a lot of good here at HamEstate. We made lots of friends both helping estates and selling equipment to hams. Go read our testimonials. Jerks like you are demotivating us in trying to do something good. I offered to make good by giving you all your money back plus even pay return shipping but you want "more" ...... Sorry but you are not getting "more" from us.

You are talking about dragging someone through the mud...... isn't that what you are trying to do here? You think by posting here you are forcing us to do YOUR right thing?
Here is the right thing: Send the radio back and get all your money back, then go buy a radio somewhere else and NEVER buy anything from us again.

Unfortunately I do not have the time you have ranting so consider this my last response.

NJ0F

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:19 am

Andre, now you're making up slanderous lies instead of defending your actions. I encourage everybody to go through my feedback and see what a liar you are.

Do you people want to deal with someone in the ham community that will slander you if you ask them to correct a mistake? This is the founder of HamEstates.com and he expects you to buy used radio gear from him after such an example of unprofessional behavior. He calls me an opportunist for asking him to reimburse me for something that he claimed was included and the radio would not function without. It's fine if he doesn't pay, he will be exposed as the liar he is.

He pays pennies on the dollar for ham radio gear from grieving widows and profits from it and he has the nerve to call me an opportunist.

You have made my point Andre, behold the actions of HamEstates founder. Rather than make things right he lies and slanders one of his long time customers.

Bravo Andre.

Just so everyone knows, every single email I have sent has been directly with Andre and not his staff. Every reply has his signature rather than a "staff member". I have exposed so many of his lies and rather than apologize and make things right you can see how he responds. He slanders me with claims about my feedback that anybody can clearly see are false, just read my QTH feedback he is referring to and see how I ripped someone off for a flex 6500. Can you trust this man with your business?
I really hope Scott reads this and finds out how one of his advertisers treats his customers.

NJ0F

Re: HamEstate issues..Andre lies and slanders

Post by NJ0F » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:22 pm

Tim,

I am posting here instead of hitting send on my email client since I know you hang out here.....

I was not planning on responding to you but I came to the office this morning very de-motivated after all your rants on both qrz.com and qth.com trying to portray us a evil people. We are not used to people treating us like this and this upsets me. I asked someone to pull our sales for the last few years and out of thousands of items we sold, yes, thousands, we had to deal with 5 incidents over these years, with yours being the worst. That told me something what I needed to hear this morning. Surely we must be doing something right.

I noticed qrz.com closed your post as I am sure reading the comments they had enough of it seeing how you blamed a poster of "having ties with us". His answer was priceless. I encourage people to go read the thread on qrz.com.

About your "proposal":
I am making a donation the Wounded Warrior project. Not because you are telling me to do so, but because I said I would in a post yesterday rather than giving it to you, just like I told you to send the radio back to me for all your money back no questions asked. Am I going to send you a receipt? You must think highly of yourself.
As stated before, me or HamEstate owes you nothing and that includes receipts of donations we make....and we do so regularly.

This is all on your nasty attitude. Your original rant was sent to my admin person. I told her not to respond and I responded from my email address. So yes, you were nasty not only to me. If you were not, I would have probably just sent you $200. But I don't like dealing with jerks who has no respect for other people.

Treat others like you want to be treated. Be nice, and they will be nice back.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Andre, NJ0F
HamEstate

Sent: Monday, November 22, 2021 10:23 PM
To: Andre VanWyk
Subject: Re: Your Ham Radio Estate Planning order has been received!

Hey Andre, ill make a proposal, you mentioned donating the $200 to a charity. Pick a charity of your choice and send a pic of the receipt for the $200 donation and ill consider everything settled and note it resolved. It's never been about the money, its the way it has been handled. Ill never contact you again and ill never order from you again as you wish.

Sent from my Note 20 Ultra 5G
Get Outlook for Android

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:04 am

I've got nothing against your staff so there is no "us" I am claiming are bad. Just you Andre. They are simply unfortunate employees who are stuck dealing with a liar for a boss.

Treat others the way you want to be treated? where was that attitude when you started lying to me in our very first email? And starting off as an a** when asked about the upgrade you said was included? What about when you took a "don't give a sh!t" attitude in every email asking about it? Isn't that how you wanted to be treated?

There you go again with your lies. You started the entire deal with a lie and you end it with lies. So you expect me to believe anything you say after at least 20 provable lies. They closed the post on QRZ because I reported you for slander, the admin didn't want you responding anymore and rather than block you he closed the thread.

Everybody can see all the lies and slander you posted here. I treated you with respect until you started lying and trying to bullshit your way out of a mistake instead of correcting it. You know what you did. I told you to send a pic of the donation receipt so I had proof you aren't lying about that too but you are refusing to do that as well so again, you are going to lie about that too.

You might as well give up and just let it go. I know you will never honor your deal, you will never make the donation and you will keep blaming others for your screw ups. You need to do some serious soul searching Andre. I refuse to treat you with any respect after you cheated me and lied to me about it.

Did you even need to do the upgrade and offer it with the radio? hell no. You could have easily listed the radio as is with version 2 firmware. You only listed it with the upgrade to make it easier to sell. You have other flex radios so you can't claim you didn't know you had to pay for the upgrade. You are supposed to be a radio expert since you are in the business of buying and reselling them so you can't claim you didn't know any better. You sold a radio with the upgrade, I paid you for the radio with the upgrade, you accepted my payment for the radio knowing for a fact it had NOT been upgraded. When confronted with it you refuse to cover the upgrade and become a prick about it.

You gave me no choice but to expose you for your lies and misrepresentation of many products on your site. I can understand you being upset but you brought this on yourself. I'm keeping the radio since I have my money and upgrade invested in it and since you are not a man of your word I do not trust you enough to send it back for a refund. You are a spiteful, spoiled little man with poor business ethics. You take advantage of others misfortune and turn it into a money making scheme all while claiming to be a good person. A good person doesn't have to tell others he is a good person, he does good things that others will never know of. You have been on here again and again telling us all what a good person you are yet you lie, you post things that anybody can research and see they are lies. Is that what a good person does? That's what a stupid person does who only thinks of himself.

Now, Did you ask my permission to post that last email? You claimed I told you to send me the receipt. Now, read my email again and you will see I asked for a picture of the receipt, not the actual receipt. Simple proof you actually donated as you claimed and didn't just make up another lie. You did try to mislead people again there by claiming I demanded the receipt. People can see right through you now Andre. You have proven yourself a liar again.

My god man, just stop already. I gave you an out in a private email and you pissed all over it. Like you really took the time to go through years of emails looking for people you screwed over. Your time would have been better spent simply admitting you screwed up and avoiding this whole mess. A real man would have owned up to his mistakes. I admit, I become an a** when someone lies to me. It grows exponentially with each lie they tell. You could have avoided all of this and the rest of the world would never have known the type of person you really are Andre.

Keep your money, I hope you make millions. I wish you tons of success here on earth. I do not hate you, but I have no respect for you or others like you who refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

NJOF

Post by NJOF » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:03 am

You need help buddy. Seriously. Go see someone.

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:49 am

Keep it up Andre. I gave you a way out, you refused so I have turned it over to PayPal. I now have all of this to present to them as evidence of your refusal to do the right thing and pay for the upgrade you advertised as being with the radio. I'm looking forward to your response on the PayPal dispute.

NJ0F

Post by NJ0F » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:05 pm

Nice edit on your last post with your "warning" to me Tim. You probably realized you went too far....

Now let's see who is the real lair here:
I told you to send the radio back for a full refund and I will pay return shipping. You refused and told me you are keeping the radio. You then told me to make a donation to a charity of my choice for $200 and all will be good as it was not about the money as you stated. I did so and told you I made the donation to the Wounded Warrior Foundation. You then modified your post last night that originally said you are giving me "a way out" and I better take it..... whatever the hell that meant. You then changed it later and filed a claim with PayPal asking for $200.
All I can say is you are everything you are accusing me off being.

I quote your message: " Keep your money, I hope you make millions. I wish you tons of success here on earth. I do not hate you, but I have no respect for you or others like you who refuse to take responsibility for their actions"
- First, HamEstate is not my main business nor putting bread on my table and no millions are being made here you moron. In fact, we are looking at turning HamEstate into a non-profit. We fully took responsibility for our actions and we went beyond it to offer you a full refund including shipping back to us. You on the other-hand proved my suspicion about what kind of person you are when you, after all your ranting and asking me to make a donation, still went and tried to get PayPal to make us send you $200. Now if my math is right, that makes you a liar. You don't hate me? Really? after all your ranting you expect this audience to believe you? You boast on your QRZ page you belong to a church.... Well you are not setting a very good example here......

There will be no refunds to you buddy. My offer stands. Send the radio back for all your money to be refunded and go buy a radio from someone else. (God have mercy on them dealing with a nutcase like you).
Email from Tim Stephens.jpg
Donation as per request.jpg

And here is where I really question your integrity:
QTH feedback.jpg
Lastly since since you are a man of the church, I leave you with this verse from Matthew to read and remember:
"Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Still Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Andre
NJ0F
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:20 pm

Just keep posting your lies. You refused to provide any proof you had made a donation and insulted me for asking for proof. You had been caught up in so many lies already so why believe anything you say at this point, people see who you are now.

Look at the date and time of your donation a**! Its last night after i filed the claim with paypal. Are you so dumb you dont know they put dates and times on receipts. See, there you go making it easy to prove you a liar again.

Hide behind your claim of christianity, you lied in your listing, you lied to me, you refuse to pay for the license. I know good and well what will happen if i send the radio back. You will refund the paypal payment only and be done with it. You have proven you cant be trusted.

Just because im a christian leads you to believe ill roll over and let you take advantage of me. I refuse to let you lie to me and then refuse to take responsibility for your actions. A real Christian accepts responsibility for his actions, something you refuse to do.

Did i claim hamestate is your only business? Did i not wish you well? Apparently reading comprehension isnt one of your strong points.

I have not lied about anything, unlike you Andre. Keep posting, it just proves what a crook and liar you are. I have made no threats against you as you would have others believe.

Again, i wish you success here on earth. I hope you do well, I really do. Im glad you made the donation. Ill honor my proposal and consider it paid in full even though you lied about when you made it. Ill drop the paypal dispute and consider this deal over with.

In the future, learn how to deal with customers you have upset.

Quick edit...you failed to look at the dates in the feedback you posted...that was 2007 and he received his item exactly as described with apologies and valid explanation, unlike you. It was not the FT-840, the guy was just asking the question since someone else had ripped him off. Was it you Andre? Do you want to mention the dog I kicked when I was 6? How about the cookies I sneaked out of the cookie jar when I was 2? Why not post the follow up feedback as well to put it into context. That's right, because it will prove you wrong again.
Last edited by KR4MT on Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KR4MT

Re: HamEstate issues..RESOLVED

Post by KR4MT » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 pm

Andre has resolved this issue by making a donation to Wounded Warriors.

Thank you Andre

NJ0F

Post by NJ0F » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:03 pm

You need help buddy. I urge you to get help.Go talk to someone at your church maybe. Sounds like you have a split personality too. One moment you lash out at me and the next you wish me well. ??? The ONLY reason you cancelled (that is if you really did as it does not show that you did) the PayPal dispute is you knew in who's favor this would go. You pushed your luck to see if you could get $200 out of us. You failed. On top of it you probably scared the hell out of anyone here and I am sure they will note your call and proceed with caution in dealing with a nutcase like you.

Expect me to thank you for closing your dispute? You can go fly a kite.

You had an opportunity to get all your money back. You chose rudeness and greed. Wonderful example you are for your children. :shock:

I did not even know about your PayPal filing
PayPal filing Tim Stephens.jpg
until this morning. Now, you mention I made the donation after I noticed you filed a claim? I did made the donation 11/23/2021 at 9h20am just before I went to bed. You filed a PayPal dispute at 11/24/21 at 12h59 am. That is when people like me usually sleep.

Look at your previous post and what you said. YOU are the LIAR here buddy.

Now that you had your moment on the podium, I hope you NEVER contact me or any of my staff ever again. I noticed you sent me another email this afternoon and I just hit the delete button so please stop harassing us. Go find someone else to victimize.

Go get that help! You need it buddy! You need it badly!!

Andre
NJ0F
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

NJ0F

Post by NJ0F » Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:07 pm

Since it's all about transparency, how about you post a screenshot when you closed the PayPal dispute like you said??? You are all about the truth you said, so proof it........

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:58 am

You made the donation long after you claimed you did yesterday. Look at your post. You claimed you had made the donation in your reply yesterday morning and now say you made it before you went to bed last night. I dont expect an apology from you. Nor will you get one from me. I exposed you for the irresponsible liar you are. Keep posting on here Andre. I will continue to expose you each time.
Why do you keep it up? Looks like you need help too. You can stop replying on here. I tried to end the post on a good note but you pissed all over that too. Now instead of seeing that you got it resolved they will see that you are a hypocrite who cant let things go like you claim a christian should do. Dont expect me to drop it if you keep smearing crap all over here.

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:23 am

I told you I asked them to close the case. I have attached the request here for you to see it was done. I have no idea if they closed it or not and I don't care how they rule if they haven't closed it. As far as I'm concerned you made the donation and it's settled. Now, just stop posting on here and let it go. It's done and over with, no need to keep dragging it out.

Best of luck to you, I wish you and your staff well.

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 1:29 am

PayPal Assistant



Hi, I'm the PayPal Assistant. How can I help? Choose one of these options or add your question below...

3:45 PM

- PayPal Assistant

Dispute Status

Great! Please select your dispute from the list below:

- PayPal Assistant

Transaction ID: PP-D-133672451
Amount: $ 199.00
Date: NOV 24, 2021

We're reviewing your case and will get back to you soon. For more information please visit the Resolution Center.

Are you looking to upload additional information to support your case?

- PayPal Assistant

No

You're all set!

Did this help resolve the issue or question you had?

- PayPal Assistant

No, I need more help

Would you like to send this conversation to a customer support agent? We typically respond within a few hours.

- PayPal Assistant

Yes

If you haven't already, let us know why you're contacting us. Feel free to step away and we'll notify you by email or push notification when we've responded.

- PayPal Assistant

I would like to close this dispute Case ID: PP-D-133672451. The seller has made a Donation to Wounded Warrior Project in the amount of $200 after I filed the case. He would rather give the money to charity than the person he owes it to and I will accept the solution he offered.

3:48 PM

RH
Hello. Thanks for reaching PayPal. My name is Rakesh. I'll be happy to assist you today.
Good news, the case is already moved for internal review. Kindly be patience. However, you'll be notified as soon as the review is done. You can expect the response within 24-48 hours.
As per my review what I see is, seller is ready to issue full refund with the return label, so you can return the item for full refund and update the return tracking.
Feel free to reply whenever you're ready and we'll reply as soon as we can.

3:59 PM

- Rakesh

I would like to close this dispute Case ID: PP-D-133672451. The seller has made a Donation to Wounded Warrior Project in the amount of $200 after I filed the case. He would rather give the money to charity than the person he owes it to and I will accept the solution he offered.

4:15 PM

RH
Here’s how to close a dispute: 1.On the top right, click Resolution Center.
2.Click View next to the dispute you want to close.
3.Click Close this dispute. A dispute will automatically close if it is not resolved or escalated within 20 calendar days.
4.Let the seller know why you're closing the dispute, then click Close dispute.

Tips: •Remember that once you close a dispute, it can’t be re-opened or escalated to a claim.
•If the seller agrees to refund your money or ships your item, don’t close the dispute until the money is in your PayPal account or you've received the item because you cannot re-open a dispute.

4:38 PM

- Rakesh

Messages are worked in the order they’re received and we’ll send you a notification to your app, PayPal account, and email you when we reply. Thank you.

This has already been escalated to a claim and I would like to close it.

8:02 PM

I would like to close this escalated claim Case ID: PP-D-133672451. The seller has made a Donation to Wounded Warrior Project in the amount of $200 as agreed.

8:06 PM

RH
Thanks for explaining, Timothy.

As per your request, I've closed the dispute. You'll receive a confirmation email shortly.

I really appreciate you for your support and trust you have on us from more than 5 years by using our service and it was our pleasure to assist you all these years.
Not only that, Also I’ve gone through your account and ensured that there’s no further issues remaining. I hope you are happy with the assistance I could offer, thank you for your valuable time

Have a great one! Take care and please stay safe.

Thank you for contacting PayPal and for being a Valued Customer. If you respond to this message, another agent will follow up. If you have no further questions, please close the conversation by selecting "End Message"at the bottom and then again click on"End Message" Stay safe.

NJOF

Post by NJOF » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:56 am

Nice try buddy. You started this so I am ending it. Seems you did lie about when you contacted PayPal looking at the time stamp. I am happy you stalled as it has already escalated to PayPal to make a decision on it so you were too late to stop it.
Well guess in who's favor they decided this case after reviewing the evidence and facts? (See attached). It was no surprise to us.
PayPal Resolution.PNG
Justice was served. I am sleeping well tonight.
Case dismissed.
NJ0F

PS: They still want me to work with you to resolve any further issues. How about an apology to my staff for being a complete jerk and your attempts to slander HamEstate on this forum so you look like the victim? I think that would be a very Christian like thing to do don't you? You have no clue on how many people we help but that does not matter to you, does it?

NJOF

Post by NJOF » Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:59 am

I apologize but I forgot to add:
Stop this nonsense and go work some DX with your new radio! The bands are alive!

KR4MT

Post by KR4MT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:58 am

My God Andre, did you not read the dam Transcript? I asked them to close it around 3:00 today! Read further where they thanked me for the clarification and closed it at my request. Since i closed it they automatically rule in your favor. Learn to read dude.

You really are something else. Time stamp for first request to close it was 3:45. I checked later and made another request and they sent me instructions to close a dispute. At 8:20 i replied telling them i had escallated it to a claim (i could only close it myself if it was not escalated) and wanted to close it. They thanked me for the clarification and informed me it had been closed at my request. All you need to do is read but once again you make an ass out of yourself.
You were not the one who escalated it Andre, you are lying again. I escallated it moments after i opened the claim.
You won nothing, i dropped the case because you paid the 200 you owed me to a charity of your choice, wounded warriors as agreed. Neither of us won, i do not claim victory nor can you. Look what our hard headedness and egos produced and tell me there was a winner!

By the way, I am enjoying the radio despite our confrontations. Ive connected a DEMI Q5 2m transverter and loving it.
We both should have handled it better and butting heads from the start only made it worse.

I will take it a step further than apologizing to your staff if they did in fact receive any email addressed to you. The beef was between you and I and should only have involved them if you directed it as such.

Again, best wishes to you. I wish you success and blessings.