W5INC - UPDATE: Great Guy

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KG7FDW

W5INC - UPDATE: Great Guy

Post by KG7FDW »

W5INC posted an Icom SP-20 speaker for sale.

I thought we had a problem because at 3 days he said he didn't receive the money order i mailed... at 7 days he said he still didn't receive it... that was the last i heard from him... does not respond to emails... i though i got ripped off... 2 weeks went by with no contact and no tracking number...

Then today out of the blue FEDEX delivers the speaker... inside is his QSL card with a note that says, "Pay it forward." Enclosed is my money order!

W5INC gave me the speaker!!! I'm freaking out... no one has ever given me anything. The kindness of a stranger is greater that that of my own family... I'm humbled... Thank you W5INC... you'll never know what your action mean to me...
W5INC

Re: W5INC - UPDATE: Great Guy

Post by W5INC »

Lets get the story really straight here Harry. I emailed you on the morning of 05/17/2020 informing you of the fact that your MO finally arrived late Saturday afternoon. Here is a copy of that Email.
Mike Gregort
Sun 5/17/2020 7:09 AM
Harry, you USPS MO got here late yesterday afternoon. So much for the fast service from the PO, but these are different times we nw are living in. I will send out the SP-20 tomorrow. Enjoy, 73s DE W5INC Mike
Then on the morning of 05/18/2020 you were emailed this response once again.
Mike Gregort
Mon 5/18/2020 8:06 AM
This was sent to you yesterday morning, Mike

Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 7:09 AM
To: Mike Gregort <houstonvett@hotmail.com>
Cc: Mike Gregort <houstonvett@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: QTH.COM Ad -- Icom SP-20 speaker...

Harry, you USPS MO got here late yesterday afternoon. So much for the fast service from the PO, but these are different times we nw are living in. I will send out the SP-20 tomorrow. Enjoy, 73s DE W5INC Mike
So you were contacted last Monday once again, informing you of the fact your MO was received.

Then we have this email from you on Tuesday of last week.

Harry <harrytgolden@gmail.com>
Tue 5/19/2020 7:22 PM

i'm going to the post office in the morning and filing a 6401 on the money order... you should have received it last week...

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 6:13 AM Harry <harrytgolden@gmail.com> wrote:

did you get it yet?

i just received a letter from vermont... mailed on the 12th received on the 16th... i can't see it taking longer to go from az to tx...

Then we have this email from Harry that was delivered 1 day before he received his speaker for free, along with me picking up the shipping costs. I guess this is from the no good deed goes unpunished school of thought.
Tue 5/19/2020 7:22 PM

i'm going to the post office in the morning and filing a 6401 on the money order... you should have received it last week...

On Sun, May 17, 2020 at 6:13 AM Harry <harrytgolden@gmail.com> wrote:

did you get it yet?

i just received a letter from vermont... mailed on the 12th received on the 16th... i can't see it taking longer to go from az to tx...
So how the 2 week time frame described up above came about is sheer BS, coming from a person who apparently can't hold their water very well, or maybe a little stir crazy from the 19 virus endeavor. Sometimes you just can't win. :(
W5INC

Re: W5INC - UPDATE: Great Guy

Post by W5INC »

Thu 5/21/2020 6:43 AM

i haven't heard from you since may 15... six days ago... i have to assume at this point you've ripped me off even though i trusted you...

do you have anything to say for yourself? mail fraud is a serious offence