Scammer WA3BRW BEWARE!!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
K3RYL

Scammer WA3BRW BEWARE!!

Post by K3RYL »

Scammed by person using callsign WA3BRW. Told PayPAL he did not receive radio eventhough tracking shows it was delivered. Now out both the radio and the payment. Unfortunately I did not check his callsign before I sent the radio. Lesson learned!!
n1js

Re: Scammer WA3BRW BEWARE!!

Post by n1js »

That is exactly why I WILL NOT EVER use paypal. I got hit for $2700 on a radio I sold. Guy said not as described complaint and paypal gave him his money back and paypal took it from me. I was and still am out the radio and the cash.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, I am not understanding how Paypal gave the person his money back and still had the radio, I have used Paypal many times and when a problem like this arises Paypal may hold your money but the buyer who opened the case MUST return the radio (or whatever) to the seller in a certain time frame or they do not get any money. The must also show proof that you (the seller) received the item in question back before the buyer gets any money back. Please explain how this happened in your case? Adam W4AJF
n1js

Post by n1js »

I don’t know how it happened but it did. I even told paypal I would refund money when item was sent back and I received it. That is not how PayPal works. My wife also lost money with people using this “not as described” scheme. Lots of times PayPal will tell them they don’t have to return it.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

OK I am not doubting you but it seems strange, I have used Paypal for over 22 years and have never seen this and has never happened to me, I think Paypal is great but that's just me. Adam